BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Nov 04, 2003, 07:22 AM   #21
LadyAmethyst83
Little Child

Default Re: Beatles Audience Is Getting Younger

Quote:
Originally Posted By shyGirl:
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/20...9_beatles.html

As we all get older Beatles fans are getting younger.

A survey conducted by Neilsen research in America has found that 32.7% of people who bought the Beatles '1' album were aged 18-24.

The most popular Beatles demographic is still the 40+ with 39.6% in that bracket but the 18-24 demo has shown a big increase on previous survey figures. Just prior to the release of '1' the figure for 18-24 year olds was 18.5%.

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I'm one of those 18-24 y/o! I was 17 when my mom bought the #1 CD for me. That got me hooked on the Beatles and I'm still a fan at 20.
LadyAmethyst83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2003, 07:49 AM   #22
Flamingheather
Apple Scruff

oh I love your quote LadyAmethyst83 I love that song "Here Today"....it's so sad yet beautiful
[img]graemlins/inlove1.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Nov 04, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message Edited By: Flamingheather ][/size]
Flamingheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2003, 07:57 AM   #23
LadyAmethyst83
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted By Flamingheather:
oh I love your quote LadyAmethyst83 I love that song "Here Today"....it's so sad yet beautiful
[img]graemlins/inlove1.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">thanx. I love that song. I didn't know about it till a few weeks ago. I got the chords on the web and play it on the piano (well chords only) It's a sad song with the minor chords changing then the middle changes to major. You know the bridge part. Oh btw i'm a music major.
Old Nov 04, 2003, 08:05 AM   #24
Flamingheather
Apple Scruff

Music Major huh..that's cool

I'm thinking of majoring in computers.

But I do play music...I play Guitar,Drums and learning Piano...but in my band I'm the lead guitarist.

and you know what's better than hearing that song(here today),seeing Paul play it live...well I didn't see it live I saw it on the Back in the u.s dvd..which has him playing it live

[size="1"][ Nov 04, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message Edited By: Flamingheather ][/size]
Old Nov 04, 2003, 08:08 AM   #25
LadyAmethyst83
Little Child

I think everyone has played a instrument at one point of their life. Even jocks have played something or sang at some point.

What type of computer work? Programming? Gaming?
Old Nov 04, 2003, 08:12 AM   #26
Flamingheather
Apple Scruff

Yeah everyone has played & should play an instrument in their life..

Computer wise I think I'll go with computer animation..or graphics and multimedia
Old Nov 04, 2003, 01:14 PM   #27
dyermaker1040
Day Tripper

WOAH the beatles were definatley NOT the "original boy band". new kids on the block were. personally, i think that artist that actually PLAY INSTRUMENTS and WRITE SONGS are NOT boy bands. sure they had the appeal, but to compare the beatles to the backstreet boys or something is like comparing God to a lab rat. you just cant.

yeah im not even in the 18-24 age group yet (im 17) and i am in love with the beatles. and who says its a bad thing?? in my opinion, i think that more kids shoud listen to REAL artists that actually write their own music and play their own instruments rather than something that doesnt even sing well and whose only appeal is that they dance and they look good. BAH!

okay, okay, i am being a little harsh. but i am just expressing my opinion. sorry if i offended anyone.
dyermaker1040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2003, 04:16 PM   #28
IWantToTellYou
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to IWantToTellYou

I don't have '1'. Actually, I did buy it though. I bought it for my boyfriend for Christmas 2 years ago. So I guess I fall into that category seeming I actually spent my money to buy it. I am 21...When I bought it was about 19.

He likes The Beatles just fine, but they really aren't his cup of tea. He has the "Blue Album" and the 30th Anniversary Limited Edition "White Album" (he likes collecting stuff that says "Limited Edition").

Buying '1' for myself was pointless, I already had all of those songs...
IWantToTellYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2003, 06:07 PM   #29
strawberrychick
Wild Honey Pie

I bought 1 for myself in January, after I turned 14 to get myself more into the Beatles. I was only just becoming a Beatlemaniac, and 1 seemed like a great way to be exposed to their music for less than 20$. I still play it all the time, I have a VERY long bus ride in the morning...
strawberrychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:18 PM   #30
lilsamharrison
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By onosideboards:
of course 1 was sold mostly to younger people, the old folks already have all the albums.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Nothing wrong with that! :-D Yeah, all my friends that are my age talks about getting the 1 and I was just thinking...I already know all these songs...and your my age...how sad lol
lilsamharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2003, 09:58 AM   #31
tangerine
Little Child

Well, I am 17 (soon 18) and a fan, so I hope this is right [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2003, 06:58 PM   #32
One_Sweet_Dream
Taxman

I'm fifteen, nearly sixteen, and I love the Beatles more than any other band (or just about anything in general, for the matter). Their music is just way better than pretty much everything out there right now. It's good to see that more people my age are developing such good taste in music!
One_Sweet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 01:51 PM   #33
RockyRacoon19
Fool On The Hill

Being in the age group defined as the "1 generation," I'd personally like to say I hate the term. Just because alot of younger people bought the album, all of the sudden it is considered the light in the darkness, leading the ignorant youth masses to real music. Thats not really true. I had purchased all of the Beatles' albums several years before its release and, therefore, resent the label of being in the "1 generation." A Beatles fan is a Beatles fan, don't stereotype.
RockyRacoon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 02:07 PM   #34
Dr.WinnieO'Boogie
Day Tripper

Location: The Planet earth, or the dimension we call planet earth, or is it demensia?

I was into the Beatles before I could talk and I'm only 19. So the audience has been young as far as I'm concerned. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Winnie [img]graemlins/laugh4.gif[/img]
Dr.WinnieO'Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 02:46 PM   #35
Maggie Mae
Mr. Moonlight

I saw this "phenomenon" (for lack of a better word) every day during jr high and high school. 13, 14, 15 and 16-year old students were singing "Hey Jude" or quoting "All You Need Is Love" in the hallways, but ironically, a lot of these students only know of the Beatles because, in their circles and cliques, it was the "in" thing to do. I found it quite disappointing when I met a "fan" and got into conversation only to realize that "Hey Jude" and "All You Need Is Love" were the only songs they knew, that they couldn't tell Paul from John or George from Ringo or a bass guitar from a drumstick. It would have been a different story if they had only just stumbled across their parents dusty collection of albums or something and were learning but were doing it out of interest in the music, but these people were burning CD's of Beatles music because they saw older students doing it and wanted to be "cool" (which is funny in itself because, when I was that age, you just didn't admit to listening to the Beatles because it was uncool). I don't know, maybe I shouldn't care one way or another, and I certainly can't speak for all of the younger fans out there, but from what I've seen, there's a lot of superficiality when it comes to this so-called "1" generation (which I fall into as well) and younger. And maybe I'm wrong. This is just my two cents...
Maggie Mae is offline   Reply With Quote