BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Apr 12, 2004, 09:37 AM   #1
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Default Paul\'s full-length cartoon feature film

McCartney to follow Disney's footsteps

I really hope all goes well and we all get to see this soon!!!
Cream Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 11:54 AM   #2
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default Re: Paul\'s full-length cartoon feature film

Paul McCartney, a man of many talents.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 05:53 PM   #3
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

[ QUOTE ]
Cream Tangerine Posted:
I really hope all goes well and we all get to see this soon!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked really well. A lovely picture of him. Thanks for the link
Cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 02:26 AM   #4
SirMarzipanMan
Apple Scruff

Oh Dear!.....Nothing more I can say.
SirMarzipanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 05:18 AM   #5
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Here's another article from USA Today. I have to say, however, that the picture is a little weird...what a strange expression!

Paul McCartney unleashes more animal magnetism
By Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY
Pop's renaissance man is back with a DVD, a children's book, a tour, an album and a possible movie. First up: Tuesday's DVD release of Paul McCartney: The Music and Animation Collection.

McCartney and director Geoff Dunbar won the British equivalent of the Oscar for 1984's Rupert and the Frog Song, based on a comic-strip bear. They earned another nomination in 2002 for the surreal Tuesday, inspired by David Wiesner's award-winning children's book.

In addition to writing, producing and voicing much of the collection, McCartney, 61, composed Tuesday's orchestral suite; Frog's 1984 British hit, We All Stand Together; and the title theme for the third short, Tropic Island Hum.

Now he has expanded Tropic's tale into High in the Clouds, a children's book fleshed out by writer Philip Ardagh. It's headed for the Bologna Children's Book Fair this week and expected on shelves in 2005. Next step: a feature version.

"Geoff and I have been working on this forever, and we finally have an extended story and the expertise to make a feature. It's an idea I've planted in (Miramax co-chairman) Harvey Weinstein's mind, and he's very interested."

The extracurricular pursuits are "freeing exercises" that haven't detracted from McCartney's musical priorities. A European tour starting May 25 in Spain will mark his maiden visit to Prague, his first performance in St. Petersburg and his debut at the U.K.'s Glastonbury Festival. He's now in Los Angeles recording a rock album that he'll release next year to coincide with a U.S. tour.

The constantly active McCartney could have stopped after The Beatles and marinated in acclaim. Instead, he has pursued a solo career that drew some detractors to the table. Forays into painting, poetry and classical music generated boos as well as oohs.

"I'm sort of stupid, because I never see it coming," he says, professing a zeal unclouded by cynicism. "I'm simply very enthusiastic. A painting exhibition? Wow, I'll do that. Poetry readings? Yeah, I can do that. I never think there's someone lurking out in the crowd who's going to judge me."

These days, he's relishing family life with his wife, Heather Mills, and their daughter, Beatrice, who was born in October.

"She's absolutely gorgeous," he says. "Heather and I are having a wonderful time. I could go on for hours and drag the photographs out, but I'd never get back to the studio."

As for all the hubbub about the 40th anniversary of The Beatles' U.S. arrival, McCartney isn't reminiscing.

"I'm forward-focused," he says. "The Beatles notice their anniversaries the least. We were too busy being The Beatles.

"I haven't got time to notice all that stuff, but I love it when other people do. When I see something on the telly that talks about us 40 years ago, I'm amazed. I think, 40 years? It makes me stop and have a quick heart attack."
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 06:42 AM   #6
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

That's cool to know. I'll be interested to see where that goes....
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 02:21 PM   #7
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

Just sharing a picture:

Cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 07:10 PM   #8
joelcrowservo
Dr. Robert

Thats interesting that Paul mentions the Beatles don't notice their anniversries. When I interviewed Martin Lewis, I asked if Paul and Ringo were aware of the Fab40 thing and the significance, or if they'd rather not be reminded of all those years past! He said they do, but theyre too busy with the present day to put much stock in it, and they enjoy it that people remember.
Gee, exactly how old is that "Rupert" film? I know it has music in it that dates back to the "Let It Be'' sessions!
joelcrowservo is offline   Reply With Quote