BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:12 PM   #121
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Emmerdale's Jenna-Louise Coleman teams up with Dr Who as the Time Lord's new companion

Jenna-Louise Coleman

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

By Paul Revoir and Larisa Brown

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Former Emmerdale actress Jenna-Louise Coleman is to replace Karen Gillan in Doctor Who as the Time Lord's new companion, it was revealed last night.

The BBC will announce today that the 25-year old has been hired to take over the role, after Miss Gillan's character Amy Pond leaves the show in the next series.

Miss Coleman, from Blackpool, who also featured in BBC school drama Waterloo Road, carries on the tradition of glamorous sidekicks, having been twice nominated for 'Sexiest Female' at the British Soap Awards.

She will line up alongside the current Doctor, Matt Smith, and follows in the footsteps of Catherine Tate and Billie Piper as the time traveller's assistant.
A BBC source told the Mail: 'It is one of biggest roles in TV. She is set to rock into the big time in a role like no other.'
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:23 AM   #122
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Jenna-Louise Coleman Announced as New Companion!

21st Mar 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._New_Companion

Official news released this morning reveals that Jenna-Louise Coleman will be the next Doctor Who companion...

As Doctor Who fans we are all familiar with the regular and often heart wrenching departure of the Doctor's companions but this is often accompanied with anticipation and excitement at what may lie ahead.

We've known about the Ponds departure since it was announced by lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat following a screening of this year's Christmas Special, The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe at London's Television Centre. At the time he didn't give much away on how Amy and Rory would make their departure but did reveal the Doctor Would be getting a new 'friend' and now, after months of rumours and speculation the news we've all been waiting for was finally released this morning in the following press statement...

Jenna-Louise Coleman has beaten hundreds of hopefuls to become the new companion to Doctor Who, it was announced today by Steven Moffat.

Twenty-five year old Jenna from Blackpool will star alongside the 11th Time Lord, Matt Smith, to mark the biggest year in the show's history.

Best known for her roles in Emmerdale (Jasmine Thomas) and Waterloo Road (Lindsay James), Jenna will replace Karen Gillan when she and Arthur Darvill bow out of the show in a heartbreaking departure after one final series of rollercoaster voyages later this year on BBC One.

Jenna says: "I'm beyond excited, I can't wait to get cracking; working alongside Matt I know is going to be enormous fun and a huge adventure."

The Doctor will meet his new friend in a dramatic turn of events as the show builds towards its enormous, climactic 50th anniversary year - full of thrills, adventures and big surprises. Series seven is currently filming and comprises 14 big, blockbuster-movie episodes - each a brand new epic adventure featuring new monsters and some familiar foes as you've never seen them before.

Lead writer and Executive Producer, Steven Moffat, says: "It always seems impossible when you start casting these parts, but when we saw Matt and Jenna together, we knew we had our girl. She's funny and clever and exactly mad enough to step on board the TARDIS.

"It's not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it's about to happen. Jenna is going to lead him his merriest dance yet. And that's all you're getting for now. Who she's playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor's standards, this isn't your usual boy meets girl."

Danny Cohen, Controller, BBC One, adds "As we approach Doctor Who's 50th anniversary it's great to welcome a new companion to the TARDIS. I feel confident the Doctor will look after her in his own very unique style."

In 2011 Jenna made her big screen debut in Captain America: The First Avenger and is soon to star as Annie Desmond in ITV1's Titanic. She has just finished filming on Stephen Poliakoff's Dancing On The Edge for BBC Two.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:10 AM   #123
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

Not seen Coleman act before but will see how she goes.

To be honest, the programme's less good since Moffatt took over, in my opinion.

I've been watching "Doctor Who" since 1978, and I can't put my finger on specifics, but it's just less enjoyable now than even the Sylvester McCoy stuff, and a lot of that was *pretty* ropey!

www.metaltalk.net for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions

Last edited by johnnymain : Apr 26, 2012 at 04:11 AM.
johnnymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:59 AM   #124
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Tom Baker will return for Doctor Who's 50th anniversary

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-Doctor-s-50th

Thursday June 7,2012

By Lizzie Catt with Lisa Higgins and Jack Teague

FORMER Doctor Who star Tom Baker is being lined up to make a dramatic return to the television series to mark the show’s 50th anniversary, Day & Night can reveal.

The actor, who starred as the Time Lord from 1974 to 1981, has been approached about reprising the role when the show celebrates its half century in 2013.

Famed for his character’s trademark scarf and curly hair, Baker, now 78, will join forces with current Time Lord Matt Smith, 29. “It will be fitting to have Tom back to mark the 50 years,” says a show insider. “He was a big part of the show’s success and is much-loved by the fans.”

Having successfully played the character for seven years, Liverpool born Baker, who spent six years as a monk before losing his faith in his youth, was initially keen to distance himself from his most famous role.

He refused to be involved in the 20th anniversary show in 1983 with producers bizarrely replacing him with a waxwork dummy when his fellow Doctors appeared for the publicity photograph.

In recent years he again came to prominence after agreeing to narrate the Little Britain series for comedians David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

Doctor Who bosses are remaining tight-lipped about their plans for next year but there is speculation the anniversary series could also prove to be Smith’s last as he prepares to pursue new roles.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:30 PM   #125
John's lover girl
Dr. Robert

Send a message via Yahoo to John's lover girl Send a message via Skype™ to John's lover girl

anyone else think David Tennant who played the 10th doctor is kinda cute
‎alchemy the science of understanding deconstructing and reconstructing matter however it is not an all powerful art it is impossible to create something out of nothing is one wishes to obtain something something of equal value must be given. this is the law of equivalent exchange. the bases of all alchemy in accordance with this law there is a taboo among alchemists human transmutation is strictly forbidden for what could be the value of a human soul- full metal alchemist
John's lover girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:40 PM   #126
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Smile

David Tennant is Scottish, not English, he just does a very good English accent!!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:01 PM   #127
John's lover girl
Dr. Robert

Send a message via Yahoo to John's lover girl Send a message via Skype™ to John's lover girl

i know but i still think he kinda cute.
‎alchemy the science of understanding deconstructing and reconstructing matter however it is not an all powerful art it is impossible to create something out of nothing is one wishes to obtain something something of equal value must be given. this is the law of equivalent exchange. the bases of all alchemy in accordance with this law there is a taboo among alchemists human transmutation is strictly forbidden for what could be the value of a human soul- full metal alchemist
John's lover girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:59 AM   #128
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

Juts over 2 weeks till the new series starts over here.

Let's hope it's better than the last couple of seasons, which I think have been a bit touch and go.

Also, all the surviving Doctors attended a convention together for the first time ever recently, and all have confirmed that none of them have been approached by the BBC with regards to appearing in an Anniversary show next year.

This may change, of course, but it means that The Express story above is not true.

Last edited by johnnymain : Aug 02, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old May 29, 2013, 09:09 AM   #129
Legs
Sun King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Em8l...layer_embedded
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2013, 03:27 AM   #130
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

I thought the last series of "Doctor Who" was absolute rubbish - and I've been watching it since 1976!

Not too fussed about Matt Smith leaving, but hope the stories improve for the sake of the show and the incoming actor.

Last edited by johnnymain : Jun 04, 2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:40 AM   #131
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

There was a rumour going round that 90 missing episodes of Hartnell/Troughton stories had been found, but this all appears to be a hoax unfortunately.

Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:41 AM   #132
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymain View Post
I thought the last series of "Doctor Who" was absolute rubbish - and I've been watching it since 1976!

Not too fussed about Matt Smith leaving, but hope the stories improve for the sake of the show and the incoming actor.
Thought it was quite good. The "Who is the girl?" story needs an amazing ending tho to make it worthwhile.
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:32 AM   #133
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

So, Peter Capaldi then eh?

Third Scotsman to have the role and a genuine fan from the 1970, no less.

Old Aug 31, 2013, 05:09 AM   #134
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

My best friend and I have started watching Dr Who and we kinda like it. Unfortunately we havent been together often enough to get very far. We're only a few episodes into the David Tennant ones (and yes, he is easy on the eyes )

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:41 AM   #135
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonluvr9 View Post
My best friend and I have started watching Dr Who and we kinda like it. Unfortunately we havent been together often enough to get very far. We're only a few episodes into the David Tennant ones (and yes, he is easy on the eyes )
Remember the Christopher Eccelston ones before David Tennant.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 05:23 AM   #136
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Yep we saw those! We're watching in order. He wasnt bad in our collective opinion but then we dont have much to compare to either. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up watching them again soon.

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2013, 12:11 AM   #137
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

So, it seems like a some previously missing episodes from Hartnell/Troughton may have been found and returned to the BBC, eh?

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/10...013211915.html

Good news if it's true.

Last edited by johnnymain : Oct 08, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:27 PM   #138
Legs
Sun King

I still wish there would be proper dvd releases of these. I never seem to be able to find them over here.

But while I am here, you seem to have missed the biggest Dr. Who news of late Johnnymain.

Paul McGann is back!

The night of the doctor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote