BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Nov 05, 2003, 06:20 PM   #1
beatlesfan2003
Fool On The Hill

Default Major Shortage Of Solo Beatle CDS

Hey everyone. I was in Best Buy today looking to pick up a few McCartney and Harrison solo cds. I first went looking for the McCartney cds. To my surprise they only had a about two spaces on the rack for Paul cds. These were not even filled either. The only cds they had were 1 copy of Wingspan, Paul Is Live, Driving Rain, Band On The Run 25th Ann., a few copys of Back In The U.S. I was wondering where the hell are all the Paul cds so I looked under Wings which there was nothing there. I know not all the Paul cds are in print (Off The Ground, etc.) but what is the problem with a huge chain like best buy not carrying Paul cds? They only have a few recent cds of one of the best selling artists of all time? Is there a big remastering job coming out like they jsut did for Bob Dylan because there were tons of Bob Dylan stuff. I went down a few steps and looked at Lennon stuff. There were a few more Lennon cds then McCartney but not a huge difference. They had the usual Lennon Legend, Imagine Sdtk., Imagine, Shaved Fish, Double Fantasy but still only one copy of each. After being disgusted with this I walked over to see what Harrison had. WOW! The only harrison they had was All Things Must Pass, Best Of, and Brainwashed. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD? I know that most of Harrison stuff is out of print (Cloud Nine, George Harrison, etc.) but where is the stuff in print (Extra Texture, Dark Horse (which I think I need to get new copies of cause my dad has had them since aug.)) Does anyone know of any plans of the remastering of the whole back catalog of Harrison or McCartney because I am very dissatisfied and this may be the reason why I can't find anything? (I also had the same problem with my local FYE) Please help me because if I keep having these problems finding solo stuff then I might have to just buy the stuff of amazon which I don't want to do because I have had problems with them and do not trust their marketplace anymore or my post office. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa, there should be some solo stuff here.
beatlesfan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2003, 10:53 PM   #2
Magill
Sun King

Default Re: Major Shortage Of Solo Beatle CDS

Do you have Barnes & Noble out there? They have alot of the hard to find solo cds. I've seen Xtra Texture, Dark Horse and Living In The Material World there. If not, check their website and see if they have it in stock. It may cost you more, but it may end your search. And then there's always Amazon.com too. I've been waiting on Dhani to re-release his dad's catalogue it seems like forever! I'm jonzin' for "George Harrison" (which I know is a fantastic album because I had the LP) and "Cloud Nine", which is impossible to find anywhere, short of downloading it. But, I wouldn't do that. [img]graemlins/angel4.gif[/img]
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2003, 03:49 PM   #3
onosideboards
Taxman

Not all B & N have music. Borders is more expensive, but they usually have a better selection and can special order stuff for you no problem. Or there's always Amazon.
onosideboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2003, 04:33 AM   #4
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

another place to check from time to time is

Secondspin.com

They probably don't have much right now because I shop there, but I have found some great used cd's and movies through them. Service and quality (so far) has been outstanding.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2003, 07:19 AM   #5
Feef_The_Hippy
Rocky Raccoon

Send a message via AIM to Feef_The_Hippy Send a message via MSN to Feef_The_Hippy

I have a Borders nearby and while there are more John CDs than there are for the others, they do offer a great selection
Feef_The_Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2003, 10:19 AM   #6
IWantToTellYou
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to IWantToTellYou

Hmmm, I have never had a problem finding Macca/Wings solo stuff at the Best Buy near my house. Actually, they have the best selection in the whole city! And it is cheap too, I paid $13.99 for the Macca CDs (remastered)!!!

Over the past few months I bought (all at Best Buy):
-Flowers In The Dirt
-Back To The Egg
-Wings At The Speed Of Sound
-Ram
-Band On The Run
-Wild Life
-McCartney
-London Town
-Press To Play
-Tug Of War

I found "Off The Ground" second hand and paid 10 dollars for it, at CD warehouse.

I don't have a problem finding Lennon solo music either, because they are remastered. Those CDs are way to expensive, at $26.99 each!!! So I just bought "The John Lennon Collection".

As for George Harrison CDs forget about it. They have the Best Of George Harrison, a compilation of the "best" songs from the Beatles to solo career. Brainwashed, and ATMP are over stocked. I only managed to find (at 26.99 each!):

-Dark Hourse
-Living In The Material World
-Extra Texture

CD stores tend to stock albums that appeal to the fairweather music listener. They tend to stock lots of "Greatest Hits" CDs, or CDs they know will be big sellers (recent releases) (i.e. Back In The U.S. Live, Brainwashed, etc.).
IWantToTellYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2003, 11:18 PM   #7
beatlesfan2003
Fool On The Hill

Geez where do you live? Are those remasters the import versions? Living In the Material World for 27.00? NO WAY That is too steep. By the way Off The Ground is my favorite McCartney album.
beatlesfan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2003, 11:44 PM   #8
IWantToTellYou
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to IWantToTellYou

I live in Ottawa, Canada. None of those CD were imports. Yeah, I thought 27 dollars plus tax was pretty expensive too.

The reason why I paid that much is because I knew I would never see it again if I didn't. I haven't been able to find it in any other store...In Ottawa.

Yeah, I am glad that I found "Off The Ground" it is an awesome album!
IWantToTellYou is offline   Reply With Quote