BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Your Mother Should Know

Old Feb 04, 2003, 07:56 AM   #141
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Default Re: Hi- \'Paul is Dead\' theory?

'E's back.

My site is currently down, but all will be revealed soon. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2003, 01:43 PM   #142
Sgt.McCartney
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to Sgt.McCartney

Cool, Mike! [img]graemlins/thumbsup2.gif[/img]

Can't wait to see it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Feb 04, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message Edited By: Sgt.McCartney ][/size]
Sgt.McCartney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 05:01 AM   #143
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I think the whole Paul is Dead thing is quite funny! I dont think the beatles delibrately put clues one thier albums, though. I mean, how could anyone know that a walrus was a sign of the dead?! I think it's quite funny how people would spend hours over their beatles albums tryin to find clues..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:19 AM   #144
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted By lennonluvr9:
I think it's quite funny how people would spend hours over their beatles albums tryin to find clues..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">hey, nuthin' wrong with that! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2003, 11:11 AM   #145
mojolawoman
Day Tripper

One time at a beatles fest, I found an "OPD" patch! and I was so excited. then this guy came up to me and wanted to buy it from me... I wouldnt give in for a long time, untill he offered me $20 for it, so I accepted. I have regreted it ever since!!! I want my offical Paul is Dead OPD patch!!
mojolawoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2003, 07:01 PM   #146
Maggie Mae
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By bearkat77:
It doesn't matter HOW long you've been a Beatles fan. The main thing is that you ARE.

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Mind if I second that?

Well, my opinion on the whole hoax is one of pure skepticism (is it just me or does 'skepticism' look like the weirdest word?!) I enjoy reading about it just for fun, because it's quite amusing to see just how far we, as humans, can push the limits. Wanna hear something crazy?:

(Excerpt from the Edmonton Sunday Sun, May 17, 1981)

WAS PAUL THE FIRST TO DIE?
By Peter Howell

The rumor that will not end says fame and money can achieve the impossible. The rumor may be true.

It can be stated clearly: John Lennon, shot dead las Dec. 8, was the second Beatles to die in tragic circumstances. His song-writing partnet Paul McCartney died in a car accident on Nov. 9, 1966. A lookalike with similar musical skills replaced him.

The rumor became The Rumor of the 1960s in September, 1969, when Beatle fans began noticing on their record albums strange clues that all was not right with the Fab Four of Lennon, McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr.

There was hysteria until McCartney - in virtual seclusion since the last live Beatles concer three years earlier - made a rare appearance outside his Scottish farm to prove he was very much alive.

But what if The Rumor was true? Even in 1981 that question keeps Beatle fans wondering, talking, searching for clues, and interviewing "witnesses." And here's an incredible twist: Was the "imposter" a Canadian?

The Canadian connection is one of the three main theories associated with the death rumor. As fanciful as they sound, all are supported by substantial evidence.

The evidence alone could fill a book, and shortly will. Joel Glazier, 29, a high school reacher teacher from Wilmington, Delware, is working on a book based on the three-hour lecture on Paul's "death" he has given at dozens of conventions, high schools and colleges since the mid-1970s. He's considered an expert by Beatle fans and he has copyrights on many of the more credible clues connected witht he rumor.

Another person interested in McCartney's life and possible death is Toronto rock impresario Gary Cormier, who has pieced together the Canadian connection from various sources. The three theories and their explanations follow:

The Canadian Connection :

Local legend has it the Canadian Nation Exhibition and CHUM radio sponsered a Paul McCartney lookalike contest in 1966 or 1967. The winner, says Cormier and others, was a student of the exclusive all-boys Lakefield College School near Peterboro, the school Prince Andrew attended in 1977. The winner - whom no one can name - vanished shortly after and has never been heard from.

"I first hear about this guy from someone at Ontario Ladies' College," Cormier said. "He was a very popular fellow because he really did look like Paul McCartney. The only thing they knew about this guy was he was quiet and had a girlfriend named Linda in New York City."

McCartney's wife Linda comes from New York, a freelance photographer he married in 1969 after suddenly ending a long engagement to English actress Jane Asher.

This theory can't be easily verified. CNE and CHUM officials say they can't recall a McCartney lookalike contest. A check of 1960s yearbooks at Lakefield College School proved inconclusive. The student pictures are tiny, badly printed and poorly identified. But there is a tantalizing tidbit from the 1965/1966 yearbook: A school rock group called "Peter, Paul and Paul" was apparently popular. None of the faces of the band members in the yearbook photo, however, are legible.

There is proof of McCartney's interest in Ontario, which he has visited several times. Inside the conver of Sgt. Pepper , he's seen wearing an Ontario Provincial Police shoulder patch. How did he get it?

The Devil Theory :

This one is popular with English Lit majors and occult believers and Glazier said it generally goes like this: The Beatles in the early '60s made a Faustian deal with the Devil to exchange a human soul for success and wealth. Lennon the leader signed the deal; McCartney became the blood victim.

This theory is difficult to take seriously, but it should be noted that the Beatles and their musical rivals the Rolling Stones were very interested in the occult and mysticism. There are many audio clues on Beatle albums that must be played backwards to understand - backwards speech is the language of Lucifer. A doll on Sgt. Pepper has the words: "Welcome the Rolling Stones", which Glazier said is a [sic] invitation to the Stones to take over as the world's top band. The Stones returned the favor on their Satanic Majesties Request album by hiding the faces of the Beatles in the bushes on the cover.

The CIA Theory :

Glazier claims credit for this. The idea came to him in 1973, when he noticed John Lennon and Yoko Ono were amongst the audience at the Watergate hearings on corruption in the Nixon administration. Lennon had long been persecuted by Nixon because of his anti-war rallies and support of counter-culture heroes such as Yippie leader Jerry Rubin.

Glazier explained: "The Beatles represented a threat to the American lifestyle and there had been several attempts to try and discredit them to ruin their popularity... The only route left was assassination, and who would be more obvious a choice than the CIA?

"But the Beatles decided, we'll bounce back, you'll never get away with Paul's death. The clues are actually John's way of tormenting the CIA."

Can any of these theories be believed? No one who has seen the uncanny Beatlemania stage shows recreating the Fab Four can discount the idea of a talented souble taking McCartney's place. McCartney, of course, professes to be alive: Touring, recording and reportedly earning more than $50 million a year.

But fans say his music has never been the same since the Beatles, and others say he doesn't even look the same: His teeth, lips and hair part aren'ts at all like they were before 1966.

The clues are all there and they've never been fully explained.

I mean, come on... a Devil Theory? CIA assassinations? Some people clearly have too much time on their hands... and yet it's oddly amusing to read about, isn't it?

[size="1"][ Feb 22, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message Edited By: Maggie Mae ][/size]
Maggie Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2003, 07:05 PM   #147
Maggie Mae
Mr. Moonlight

psst... would you believe me if I told you that it took me 45 minutes to type that whole thing out??

Congrats to me, I'm a Nowhere Man!!! (And look at the post that got me there... 45 minutes was worth it, I say!)
Maggie Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2003, 01:12 AM   #148
bearkat77
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted By Maggie Mae:
Congrats to me, I'm a Nowhere Man!!! (And look at the post that got me there... 45 minutes was worth it, I say!)
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Way to go, Maggie Mae! Keep on posting. [img]graemlins/cyberguy.gif[/img]
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote