BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > And Your Bird Can Sing

Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:58 PM   #21
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs
I have almost done the same. Originaly I wanted to burn a "606-1" Revolver and a "Yesterday and Today", but I only had the "Yesterday and Today" stereo mixes of the three Revolver songs and "Yesterday" from "Yesterday and Today". Since I thought it was useless taking the other songs from the official U.K. cd's, I just burned myself a mono "Revolver" plus the three "Yesterday and Today" tracks, plus some more alternate mono mixes as bonus tracks.
I created CD art from some jpgs I pulled off the internet. My CD label is a (modified) Parlophone "Revolver" LP label... which I switched from "605" to "606" on Photoshop. LOL! I'm truly insane.
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:43 AM   #22
Legs
Sun King

I did find out how to download the mp3's, perhaps it's because I am using firefox I was having dificulties downloading them straight away.
However I only downloaded some of the home demo's from disc 1 which I wasn't sure wheter I had them or not.

For my new, Revolver mono plus bonus tracks cd, I used two older bootlegs I had. One a cd-r copy which I had to re-burn anyway.

Congrats on your Ebay purchase. The EP box set is a great thing to own. I once had the chance to buy years ago it but didn't. First because I couldn' afort it, second because back then I wasn't into collecting different versions of the songs. I didn't even know it had some alternate versions, and because I had the songs already I simply decided against buying it.

All the cd releases after "A Hard Day's Night" are in Stereo. The mono versions are avaiable but only on bootlegs.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:33 PM   #23
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs
Congrats on your Ebay purchase. The EP box set is a great thing to own. I once had the chance to buy years ago it but didn't. First because I couldn' afort it, second because back then I wasn't into collecting different versions of the songs. I didn't even know it had some alternate versions, and because I had the songs already I simply decided against buying it.

All the cd releases after "A Hard Day's Night" are in Stereo. The mono versions are avaiable but only on bootlegs.
Thanks! I should have it in a few days.

I never used to be into collecting all the different versions, either. I always knew they were out there, but for some reason I always shyed away from mono - thinking it an inferior process. I realized - from much of what I've read here over the past year or so - that this was hardly the case. So, I've gone on a mono binge.

This, plus all the hype about the mono versions on the last Capitol volume, gave me the mono bug... ha! It gave me mono!
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:16 AM   #24
Paolo Meccano
Taxman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner
P.S. Never mind posting them... I got them off of CD 2 here: http://mantra.nm.ru/beatles.html
Thanks for the link