BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:10 AM   #21
thecaitycat
Rocky Raccoon

I think it's more about whoring for attention than it is about money. People like Heather Mills and Michele Elyzabeth can't stand to not be the center of attention, no matter the cost.

I wish they would retire.

"Congratulations, Madam. There's another town you've destroyed." - William Shaw
thecaitycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 06:05 AM   #22
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCKO View Post
To paraphrase Michael Palin in the Ruttles, one of these days, Heather will sue herself, by mistake...

Ahh so that's what's happening, is it? "I remember I'd get up in the morning, sue someone..."

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 09:05 PM   #23
FPSHOT
Sun King

No doubt Heather is the only one in the world who sues someone for public slamming. No one else has ever done that and no one would do that when for instance a "publicist" or anyone like that would tell all these things about someone. No one but Heather takes legal action. What a bitch huh..

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 09:26 PM   #24
hibgal
Sun King

Well, I must admit that Heather seems overly keen on suing people in general, although, in THIS instance, I don't blame her at all. Even "bitches" have a right to protect their privacy. If ever a person deserved to be sued it's this Countess woman. A PR person should know better than to go public with this kind of information regarding a former client, irrespective of the circumstances. It smacks of revenge to me as, if she only wanted the money, there are better and surer ways to go about!

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:12 AM   #25
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
way to go Heather !!!!!!!!!

what this publicist did (nice word spell btw) is unacceptable so the 250.000 is far too little and I surely hope it will be a lot more.
Amen to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal
...in THIS instance, I don't blame her at all. ...a right to protect privacy. If ever a person deserved to be sued it's this Countess woman. A PR person should know better than to go public with this kind of information regarding a former client, irrespective of the circumstances. It smacks of revenge to me as, if she only wanted the money, there are better and surer ways to go about!
Amen, Sister! This Miss Elyzabeth has a problem or three. I agree that if anybody gave anybody else good reason to sue them, this Countess woman would top my short list. The whole thing sounds cruel spirited and ruthless and I don't like to see people being treated that way.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Sep 25, 2008 at 06:15 AM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:26 AM   #26
Asha
Sun King

I guess life was too quiet for Heather. She just needed to be in the news again.

I'm sorry... Actions speak louder than words.

She has enough money, she doesn't need to sue to rectify slander. Instead of running to court because she doesn't like what someone is saying about her, she should be acting in a manner that would show the world that she's a better person... like going out & doing good in the world instead of wasting time & money in the court systems.

I wish she'd just get on with her life...
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:17 AM   #27
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha View Post
I guess life was too quiet for Heather. She just needed to be in the news again.

I'm sorry... Actions speak louder than words.

She has enough money, she doesn't need to sue to rectify slander. Instead of running to court because she doesn't like what someone is saying about her, she should be acting in a manner that would show the world that she's a better person... like going out & doing good in the world instead of wasting time & money in the court systems.

Beautifully said. I second that.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:30 AM   #28
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:

Instead of running to court because she doesn't like what someone is saying about her, she should be acting in a manner that would show the world that she's a better person... like going out & doing good in the world instead of wasting time & money in the court systems.

Apart from the fact that I disagree to this position because many people, especially in the USA, who get slammer, will quite quickly build a lawsuit, I wanna address the nice initiative which Heather took in New York for poor children which was sadly snowed under here at Links by some weird discussion about the unawareness of what veggie burgers are these days and where to buy healty food in New York.

So, of course some fans of a Beatle will automatically have a certain position towards an ex-wife of that Beatle, that is human nature as long as there are married Beatles, but strictly spoken you can not disagree that after what this "publicist" said about Heather that Heather taking action against it is not a common normal response.

Maybe I can remind you guys of when a rumour came about about a book Heather was to be writing many here could not wait to pick up the "sue her" !!!!! initiatives?

Last edited by FPSHOT : Sep 25, 2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:56 AM   #29
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Apart from the fact that I disagree to this position because many people, especially in the USA, who get slammer, will quite quickly build a lawsuit, I wanna address the nice initiative which Heather took in New York for poor children which was sadly snowed under here at Links by some weird discussion about the unawareness of what veggie burgers are these days and where to buy healty food in New York.
Well, I live in the USA & I don't personally know one person who has ever sued someone for anything, let alone for slander. (I guess it's just another one of those lovely misconceptions the outside world has of Americans? Oh no, wait... Maybe I just hang out with the wrong Americans? That must be it! My friends aren't rich & famous & have nothing better to do but run to the courts? Oh no, wait! Aren't all Americans filthy rich? HA! Well, whatever the reason...)

Please re-read my post. I did not say that Heather hasn't helped people... I have never said that. What I was trying to convey was that rather than taking time in court, she should use the time to continue to help people & work for causes. Someone has brought her back into the news media by slandering her, & it would just show she is above gossip, slander & not seeking further media attention if, by her actions, she continued to do charity work rather than stopping the assistance to people & animals who could benefit from her time.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:57 AM   #30
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Thumbs down

Quote:
So, of course some fans of a Beatle will automatically have a certain position towards an ex-wife of that Beatle, that is human nature as long as there are married Beatles, but strictly spoken you can not disagree that after what this "publicist" said about Heather that Heather taking action against it is not a common normal response.

Maybe I can remind you guys of when a rumour came about about a book Heather was to be writing many here could not wait to pick up the "sue her" !!!!! initiatives?
What are you talking about? This doesn't even make sense.

It is unfair to state that the only reason some of us disagree with this is because she used to be married to Paul. In my defence, that has nothing to do with it. And because I know Asha personally and very well, I know that is not the case for her either. We are not that pathetic.

And you can remind us of anything you like. Just so long as I can remind you of the fact that we are entitled to disagree with something that you might not like. And don't go saying you have never said that. I quote: "..you cannot disagree..".
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:59 AM   #31
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

I think the point being made FP is that these things can happen without the whole world having to know about it! Heather takes delight in airing her dirty laundry in public! I agree she has recently done some good for veganism, but she spoils it with this behaviour!
Unfortunately Heather is working on the principle no publicity is bad publicity, poor misguided fool!

“We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.”
Paul McCartney

Last edited by oldbeatlechick : Sep 25, 2008 at 08:06 AM.
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:09 AM   #32
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post

It is unfair to state that the only reason some of us disagree with this is because she used to be married to Paul. In my defence, that has nothing to do with it. And because I know Asha personally and very well, I know that is not the case for her either. We are not that pathetic.
LMAO! I didn't even see the post that you are replying to, Lucy. Haha!

OMG! No, I don't care who she was or wasn't married to. My post has nothing to do with her divorcing Paul. If it were true, I'd have to hate Cynthia, Maureen & Pattie for divorcing the other three! I should also hate Cynthia & Pattie for writing books. How dare these ex-wives tell us about their imperfect husbands! (As IF they are/were perfect!) (I think it's yet another stereo type... we are female fans & therefore we are so IN LOVE we can't see how human our PRECIOUS Beatles are! Yeah, let's just use generalizations once again... we're all alike after all!)

My response is only based on her choice of her use of time & energy. However, sadly, there are a lot of people who use their time & energy in unproductive ways.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:10 AM   #33
Hari's Chick

Do you guys really think it is wrong for Heather to defend herself or want her named cleared from being attacked verbally, publically?

You guys really think that is wrong or bad?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:11 AM   #34
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Well, I live in the USA & I don't personally know one person who has ever sued someone for anything, let alone for slander.
consider yourself lucky

Quote:
(I guess it's just another one of those lovely misconceptions the outside world has of Americans? Oh no, wait... Maybe I just hang out with the wrong Americans? That must be it!
LOL typical US reply. Don't take it so serious? It is common knowledge worldwide that things like this happen a lot and not only in the US. Insurers and lawyers live from these things, and glossy magazine reporters

Quote:
Please re-read my post. I did not say that Heather hasn't helped people... I have never said that. What I was trying to convey was that rather than taking time in court, she should use the time to continue to help people & work for causes. Someone has brought her back into the news media by slandering her, & it would just show she is above gossip, slander & not seeking further media attention if, by her actions, she continued to do charity work rather than stopping the assistance to people & animals who could benefit from her time.
I did re-read it

then we agree? but your post does not read that way...yet

"Instead of running to court because she doesn't like what someone is saying about her, she should be acting in a manner that would show the world that she's a better person... like going out & doing good in the world instead of wasting time & money in the court systems."

well, she probably spent 5 minutes over the phone telling her lawyer "sue that B#@# and take care of it" and then went along preparing for the charity event

Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:14 AM   #35
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post

And you can remind us of anything you like. Just so long as I can remind you of the fact that we are entitled to disagree with something that you might not like. And don't go saying you have never said that. I quote: "..you cannot disagree..".
Holy Moly.

Good Grief, what is happening?

No comment. This is very sad.

Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:17 AM   #36
Hari's Chick

If nothing else, just my thoughts here... Heather paid her publicist big money, I assume. The publicist lets just say...did not do her job, at the end of the day. So, Heather should at least be refunded the money given to her publicist so then maybe that money could be better spent elsewhere, for instance like on a kind gesture like Heather did in New York.

I think we might all agree to that?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:17 AM   #37
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
My response is only based on her choice of her use of time & energy. However, sadly, there are a lot of people who use their time & energy in unproductive ways.
I very much agree to that last sentence Asha

Maybe to get facts back in order? The Publicist started a huge slammer campaign against Heather.

That was action one.

Then after a while Heather very logically took action as many people do in such cases.

So now people here conclude that Heather is the bad one?

Very funny...and typical

Fine with me...

Last edited by FPSHOT : Sep 25, 2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:18 AM   #38
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
If nothing else, just my thoughts here... Heather paid her publicist big money, I assume. The publicist lets just say...did not do her job, at the end of the day. So, Heather should at least be refunded the money given to her publicist so then maybe that money could be better spent elsewhere, for instance like on a kind gesture like Heather did in New York.

I think we might all agree to that?
Yes !!!!!

Well HC, don't get your hopes up but very well said

Last edited by FPSHOT : Sep 25, 2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:42 AM   #39
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
I am sure this all very funny but again what you say is that Heather is making the wrong choice whereas I am only saying that she is secondarilyy reacting to a public assult made her way.

She did not take initiative for it but now is put in the spotlights only because as many other people do, she reacts to public slammer.

But only because she is Hearther she now is the bad one.

I believe that rather sucks, but... no doubt I am wrong.

Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:53 AM   #40
hibgal
Sun King

Default Keeping the facts straight

Quote:
Now, wait a moment! Let's keep things straight here. I'm no fan of Heather but let's be fair, hm? It's not Heather that went to the tabloids this time; it was this Michele Elyzabeth's who gave an interview to New of the World about her former client. Heather hasn't as far as I know given any interviews regarding this issue. If she has, please post. What is cited in Daily Mail is not a public statement made by Heather but an excerpt from the filed paperwork itself. May I remind you that the article stated very clearly that it's a "Breach of Confidence" suit against Ms Elzabeth and "the case is being handled by renowned barrister Jonathan Crystal". Such filings are public, hence the reason Daily Mail had access to this information.

Also, there's already a legal dispute, brought on by M Elyzabeth, for a supposedly $300,000 unpaid bill, which is yet to be resolved. That legal dispute has direct bearing on this one, which is probably why Heather filed her suit. It's certainly enough reason for just about anyone to file a counter suit, including me! Perhaps my fellow linkers wouldn't do a thing to recoup that amount of money but I'm sorry to say I'm mercenary enough to care!

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote