BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Bootleg Network

Old Aug 06, 2003, 10:25 AM   #1
onosideboards
Taxman

Default sulpy\'s "get back" book and the vigotone thirty days collection

i just got doug sulpy's (of "the 910" bootleg 'zine fame) book "get back: the let it be disaster" or whatever. i've been reading it while i listen to vigotone's thirty days collection and i'm already noticing some discrepencies. [btw, i realize a better companion would be the day by day series, but i'm still working on that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ]

for instance, on thirty days vol. 7 we get a long version "bye bye love." sulpy has this song at like 3 seconds and says those 3 seconds are the only available pieces for this song.

so what sources did sulpy use in writing this book? just the videos? all that 30 days stuff was taken from nagra A rolls, which has not been diffiucult to come by for like 10 years, possibly longer (from my understanding). how could he not have access to the same tapes i have access to?

another example is a version of "let it be" probably around vol. 6 or so. i know i've heard it before i got the thirty days set too. they're playing and john and someone else decide they would rather fool around. so paul gets annoyed and says "back to the drudgery. come on lads, back to work" and things like this. john suddently becomes very angry, yelling, "it's you that's bloody making it like this." and paul cheerfully ignores it. i think it's the most interesting dialogue in the whole GB sessions--plus you can actually hear it.

i've read every single entry for "let it be" in sulpy's book and nowhere do i find a word about this little row. you cannot tell me sulpy did not find this dialogue intersting enuf to comment on.

anyone know what's up here?
onosideboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2003, 10:29 AM   #2
onosideboards
Taxman

Default Re: sulpy\'s "get back" book and the vigotone thirty days collection

nevermind, found my answer elsewhere.

http://www.bootlegzone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2147

too bad FPSHOT and Legs are on vacay....

[size="1"][ Aug 07, 2003, 11:32 AM: Message Edited By: onosideboards ][/size]
Old Aug 08, 2003, 10:00 PM   #3
joelcrowservo
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted By onosideboards:

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">OMG!!! What about ME??!! I feel so dissed.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But yeah, they at the zone gave good answers. And I too have NO idea how to come by those 910 books. Theyd be nice, I suppose...speaking of Bye Bye Love,thats one I would imagine will surface legally, since it was recorded on multi track tape.

[size="1"][ Aug 08, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message Edited By: joelcrowservo ][/size]
joelcrowservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2003, 10:30 AM   #4
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By onosideboards:
nevermind, found my answer elsewhere.

http://www.bootlegzone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2147

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Hey I am back from my vacation, but you don't need me for questions about Get Back, I just know they rehearsed a bunch of songs and that I have some of it. The only Supply book I have is the guide to the Beatles outtakes one.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 03:43 AM   #5
joelcrowservo
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted By Legs:
... I just know they rehearsed a bunch of songs and that I have some of it.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">The most exact review I have ever heard of the Get Back sessions! Very funny! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
joelcrowservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 10:21 AM   #6
onosideboards
Taxman

ooops, i haven't been paying attention to my all-time favorite forum!

oh joel, i didn't include you in that one post because it had been up for a while with no response so i figured you just had nothing to say.

but i do have more to say about this book. i'm beginning to hate it. there is WAY too much editorial comment. not to mention hypocracy (paul's the only enthusiastic beatle on one page and then the next page they diss is yawning during a george song). i've become absolutely furious a few times.

i've never read any 910s or anything else by suply, but i am really disappointed in the get back book. he seems like one of those beatles fans who are out to get them, not unlike GG. i could be totally wrong though.

still, since there no other book that chronicals this time period, i still must suggest this as a "must read."

and yes legs, that was a very concise review of the get back sessions [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]