BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Goodnight Vienna

Old Dec 25, 2003, 01:39 PM   #1
Legs
Sun King

Default I Wanna Be Santa Claus

Well it's that time of the year again. So what does everyone think of Ringo's Christmas album.

I always shiver when I hear that one of my favourite artist is going to release a Christmas album, I think of that cheesy stuff like Mariah Carry's "All I want for Christmas" and that the artist in question must have hit a real low.

I've waited for years to buy the cd, not sure if I wanted to buy it at all or just copy it, but I bougth the original one. With Ringo it works it suits his style,some of it actually brings a smile to my face, I like the original songs the best, "C,mon Christmas" in particularly is a strong track, tho some others are on the edge of the Carry example given above( I wanna be Santa Claus)."White Christmas" guess is on every Christmas album even on the one by The Moody Blues, but then you also have "Christmas Eve" which is a nice original ballad and my favourite "Pax Um Biscum" also an original song and it's different to say the least. And while I do prefer the Beatles version, I guess Ringo has the right to remake "Christmas Time is Here again".

[size="1"][ Dec 25, 2003, 01:58 PM: Message Edited By: Legs ][/size]
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2003, 07:48 PM   #2
darkhorse
Sun King

Default Re: I Wanna Be Santa Claus

I think it's a fantastic album. Not only for the present season, but also for being a company through all the year. It's got some really great melodies, and the production sort of carries on the work that Vertical Man had done with the songs. "Come On Christmas, Christmas Come On" might be the wackiest track; but there are nice versions of "Winter Wonderland" and "The Little Drummer Boy" (Ringo has the authority to sing that!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )... The strongest track to us Harrison fans though has to be the VERY Harrison-ish "Pax Um Biscum (Peace Be With You)" which closes the album. Also "Christmas Eve" is a nice ballad.

All in all, a very good album, and one of my favorite seasonal efforts. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2003, 11:09 AM   #3
Hari's Chick

I love this CD~~ it is definitely the holiday CD here at our house. I love the messages between Barabra and Ringo at the ending part of Pax Um Biscum...that is playing right now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It was so cute, because each year we play this CD when we decorate the tree and then also Christmas morning as we open gifts. This year, since my son is getting a little older, I asked...would you rather this CD or to put on the radio and hear all different kinds of Christmas music? He said he would definitely want Ringo... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ....that the CD was the very best Christmas music! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It is such a lovely, warm, happy, original recording.
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 09:15 AM   #4
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I actually dont have this one. I've been thinking about getting it though...
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:30 AM   #5
mindgames
Sgt. Pepper

I don't have it, and I've never seen it in a store.
mindgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:06 AM   #6
Legs
Sun King

I was hoping to avoid it to.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote