BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Oct 01, 2001, 12:13 AM   #1
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default Rooftop Sessions - October 2001 Issue Is UP!

Hi everyone:

As we are all well aware, on September 11th, the world experienced, as the New York Times said, one of those moments that divide history into "before" and "after." "After" has been difficult for everyone the world over, but especially difficult for those of us who live in New York City. To be honest, I had considered discontinuing the Rooftop Sessions website in the wake of the terrorist attacks, since it seemed a rather trivial pursuit in light of the things going on in the "real world." However, after much consideration, I have decided that I will continue with the site, if for no other reason than that I will not play into the hands of the terrorists by doing exactly what they want us to do by stopping things that bring us happiness. I want to assure all of Rooftop Sessions' readers that there's no way this site will cease to exist -- not as long as I have the ability to continue putting it out and have contributors who are providing some of the best Beatles fan fiction available on the Web! And I want to thank all of you for your support -- without our readers, we are nothing.

That said, we have a wonderful October issue for you, jam-packed with six fabulous stories, one essay and one Write Thinking article, most of which are centered around a seasonal Halloween theme. And so, for your reading pleasure this month, we proudly present:

"A Taste of Honey" by Mary Spollen - A woman meets her favorite Beatle and discovers he's more than she expected.

"All I Wanna Do...Is BOO-galoo" by Lisha Goldberg - A little girl living in the Dakota attends her neighbors' Halloween party.

"Don't! Pass Me By!" by James Ryan- Young Richard Starkey, in hospital with pleurisy, makes some friends and has an encounter with a mysterious night nurse...

Hamburg Daze, Part One" by Cheryl Mortensen - Can Stuart and Astrid save George from the clutches of a beautiful and very frightening stranger?

"Shelly and the Rock Star, Part 3" by Mary Spollen - Shelly is forced to face Paul's world head-on, and her bodyguard Jo receives some unexpected news.

"To Thine Own Self Be True, Act Seven" by Sandra M. Ulbrich - The parallel universes diverge...and Paul prepares to confront his mother's killer!

"You May Say I'm a Dreamer..." by Lisha Goldberg - An essay with some thoughts about the recent terrorist attacks, and what Beatle People might do to help.

And in the "Write Thinking" section:

"The Opening Hook: How to Begin a Fanfic" by Sandra M. Ulbrich - Getting off to a good start can make or break a story -- here's how to draw your readers in for big payoffs!

As usual, the URL is http://www.rooftopsessions.com, and as usual, we welcome your comments and submissions. There's a link to our submission guidelines on the main page, and links to all the authors at the end of every story -- please feel free to contact us and tell us what you think!

Enjoy the October issue!

Susan Ryan
Publisher & Editor-In Chief
susan@rooftopsessions.com
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2001, 06:57 PM   #2
Beatleicious
Taxman

Default Re: Rooftop Sessions - October 2001 Issue Is UP!

Woohoo! A new issue of Rooftop Sessions is always good. I already read almost all of this month's stories.

I also want to add that in the past few days I have read almost all of your Move Over Mrs. L and To Thine Own Self Be True series Sandra. I've read all except Part 7.

I didn't really ever consider reading it before, (don't know why!) until I read the Write Thinking section and I grew curious of what the series was like.

I think it is really good, my favorite parts are the "real John" related ones.

------------------

my site: http://kstarz.4mg.com/
Beatleicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2001, 11:43 PM   #3
alliesun
Bulldog

hi susan!

i just wanted you to know that i checked out your website for the first time... i really enjoyed it! i got so hooked on reading, before i knew it - over an hour had passed... anyhow - i've always been skeptical of fan fiction - until now. thanks for your great work!

------------------
"dance every dance, live your dreams, and above all - learn to love as you've never loved before..."
alliesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2001, 04:21 AM   #4
SF4-EVER

I'm very pleased you like the stories, Beatleicious, thanks! Yeah, have to admit there's no one like the real John, though I find my Paul Harrison character pretty intriguing as well. Hope you get a chance to read Part 7 soon, as there's some "real John" scenes in there as well.

------------------
"It is better to light a candle than to damn darkness." -- Confucius

Author of "Move Over Ms. L." and the sequel "To Thine Own Self Be True,"
hosted at www.rooftopsessions.com
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2001, 04:27 AM   #5
SF4-EVER

Allie, Susan's going to be very pleased that you enjoyed the site when she gets back. Hope you come back to the Rooftop and spend some more time there; there are lots of good stories in the Archives.

------------------
"It is better to light a candle than to damn darkness." -- Confucius

Author of "Move Over Ms. L." and the sequel "To Thine Own Self Be True,"
hosted at www.rooftopsessions.com
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2001, 05:02 AM   #6
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Hi all! The B&B where we are staying this weekend has a computer! So I guess I officially have no life...I've had to check in at Beatlelinks!!

Glad you are enjoying the site, Allie...please go through the archives and read, there are some FINE stories in there. And Beatlelicious, I am so happy that you like Sandra's stories...I am proud to be hosting them!!

I'll be home Tuesday, see ya then!

------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. October 2001 Issue up now! About.com BEST OF THE NET, April 2001! www.rooftopsessions.com

"O superb! O Manhattan, my own, my peerless!/ O strongest you in the hour of danger, in crisis! O truer than steel!" -- Walt Whitman
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2001, 10:20 PM   #7
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

"Thankyou" for this INFO!

------------------
McCharlenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2020, 02:19 PM   #8
frizxtes
Little Child

Hey. To find a site that offers services for writing essays, term papers and diplomas on order is much easier than a single author. Although such sites are not few. The easiest way to find such sites is to type in “assignment help for Australian students” in any search engine. We pay attention to advertisements in many search engines. If a company AU.Assigncode.com (website) pays for advertising, it means there is something to pay for, so its services are in demand. Although this topic can also be argued.
frizxtes is offline   Reply With Quote