BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Feb 28, 2014, 06:02 PM   #1
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Sex and the Beatles 400 Entries

Examiner
2/28/2014
'Sex and the Beatles': Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask

http://www.examiner.com/article/sex-...-afraid-to-ask

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...f-walker-2014/
Old Mar 01, 2014, 01:44 AM   #2
jonesingjay

I read about this. 400 entries is a lot of tales. I wonder about the credibility of the author.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2014, 05:45 AM   #3
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

One could wonder about the credibility of any author.

I just wonder how it will treat the subject of bisexuality and homosexuality. I recently read Randy Scouse Git and talked to the author. I felt satisfied with the way he treated Lennon's bisexuality, and at least called it that rather then homosexuality, but he was stating how no rumors of any of the others existed.

I pointed out an obvious one to him in an interview Ringo did with Tom Tomorrow in the early 80s. Ringo talks about his rings and how he was called "B*tch" and "F*gg*t" by the sailors because they were a display of homosexuality.

the author stated that terms for gays in the 50s in Liverpool would have been 'pouf' not those terms Ringo used. He is contradicting Ringo's own account in what I took as a strange way. (though he did have a point that as an entertainer which Ringo was even then, he could get away with the jewelry)

I'm just blessed that I've talked with a few ladies who had been with a Beatle in my lifetime and told believable stories and chatted with me about it.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2014, 01:53 PM   #4
BeatleNut9
Wild Honey Pie

I look forward to seeing people's opinions here once they've read it! Hmm.
BeatleNut9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2014, 09:55 AM   #5
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I've got it and been skimming it . It is meant to be fun. (Love the cartoons of the screwing Beatles everywhere) and is written with a sense of humor.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Winston O' Boogie
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesingjay View Post
I read about this. 400 entries is a lot of tales. I wonder about the credibility of the author.
Me Too!

Just reading about how this book was complied may lead one to believe most is based on hearsay, but looks humorous enough not to be taken too seriously. I mean we all know that the wild days of Hamburg could be loaded with such colorful escapades that would make your sexuality stand up and take notice but has Mr. Starr and Sir Paul ever lay claims to any lurid claims regarding the other two that cannot defend or define those stories?

It's been told by Klaus Voormann that Lennon did like to frequent The Monika Bar where all the transvestites performed and was caught one evening getting satisfied by one in a toilet stall.
Winston O' Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2014, 07:15 AM   #7
jonesingjay

Quote:
but has Mr. Starr and Sir Paul ever lay claims to any lurid claims regarding the other two that cannot defend or define those stories?
Not that I know. Whenever they have spoken of Hamburg, Paul and Ringo aren't ones to do into detail about the group's sexual exploits.

They do speak about the use of Prellies, drinking, and the carousing they did. If they mention the sex stuff, it doesn't go into graphic detail.

I do recall Paul saying that it was common for him to walk in on John with a girl, and apologetically step out of the room.

I hadn't heard of John being serviced by a transvestite. I did hear a story about The Beatles setting up a visiting mate as a practical joke with a known transvestite. Only to tell him after the fact that the woman who'd given him a blow job was really a man.

You're right. It could be a humorous read. The kind of book that should be taken with a grain of salt though.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 07:19 PM   #8
Winston O' Boogie
Day Tripper

Quote:
Not that I know. Whenever they have spoken of Hamburg, Paul and Ringo aren't ones to do into detail about the group's sexual exploits.

They do speak about the use of Prellies, drinking, and the carousing they did. If they mention the sex stuff, it doesn't go into graphic detail.

I do recall Paul saying that it was common for him to walk in on John with a girl, and apologetically step out of the room.

I hadn't heard of John being serviced by a transvestite. I did hear a story about The Beatles setting up a visiting mate as a practical joke with a known transvestite. Only to tell him after the fact that the woman who'd given him a blow job was really a man.

You're right. It could be a humorous read. The kind of book that should be taken with a grain of salt though.
I stand corrected after watching the video below, I could have sworn it was Klaus but it seems that it was actually Horst Fascher who commented in The Beatles "Biggest Secrets" fast forward to about 10:00 minutes into this first part to hear more about "Monika's Bar" ....

Winston O' Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2014, 06:29 AM   #9
jonesingjay

Quote:
I stand corrected after watching the video below, I could have sworn it was Klaus but it seems that it was actually Horst Fascher
It's easy to get things confused. Sometimes it's harder to admit it. LOL.

Thanks for the source. I never watched this when it first aired on television. Is the rest of the documentary worth viewing?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:28 AM   #10
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

The book was fun. though some of the entries don't count. blog entries of young girls in 2011 telling their sexual fantasies with the Beatles don't count.

but the book was a lot of fun. Much better then Randy Scouse Git, the Sex Lives of the Beatles that just came out
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:30 AM   #11
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
It's easy to get things confused. Sometimes it's harder to admit it. LOL.

Only when the person confronting you is someone bullying you on another forum and has repeatedly been asked to leave you alone
Old Mar 30, 2014, 03:37 PM   #12
jonesingjay

Hey, Winston O' Boogie, you can check out a excerpts from the book on Amazon. Here is a link, Sex and the Beatles Preview.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:57 PM   #13
frizxtes
Little Child

Hello. I’ll tell you right away, an erection simply doesn’t come on its own without sexual arousal (without a girl) or it will be completely insignificant. And if you choose https://nizagara100.com/ a drug, then it’s better to see if the drug has worked or not by side effects. If not, then this is your drug and use it with pleasure.

P.S. This drug is best taken for an hour or two before you have sex.

Last edited by frizxtes : Feb 18, 2020 at 11:57 PM.
frizxtes is offline   Reply With Quote