BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:06 PM   #1
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Default Autographed guitar for sale (Of all Four Fabs)

(Personally, I think this dude is the biggest DUMMY for selling this guitar. His father busted his hump to get these autographs of the Beatles and the son is selling it? How cold is that?)

Scottsdale, AZ (NEWS-ANTIQUE) March 27, 2006 -- Adding fuel to an already hot fire, a last minute addition of a very rare guitar is making the headlines again. ''On top of seven rare signed Beatles albums, now bidders will have a shot at a very rare autographed guitar with all four signatures, with a very solid provenance,'' commented Michael Dunn with Rock Star gallery. The guitar is being flown in from Virginia by forensic expert Christopher Morales. Christopher will further review other ots in the auction for bidders who request further authentication. ''All the lots in the auction already are covered by a guarantee and prior forensic expert review, however his presence will re-affirm any questions from live or online bidders about the authentication of any autograph in the auction'' explained Michael. ''It is wonderful Christopher can attend the live event'' His resume will be posted shortly online. Here is the story on how the autographs were obtained on the guitar: Dave Wakefield Sr., an avid Beatles fan from Virginia, worked for Baltimore City in the 70s and 80s. During that time period, a close friend of his, a police officer who moonlighted as event security at the Civic Center got Dave signed on as one of the extra event security workers. This provided him with the opportunity to be backstage for various events. He had the chance to meet and get the autographs of many performing artists who appeared at the Civic Center during this time period.

His primary work was done at the Civic Center, which became the Baltimore Arena. He also did security work at the MerriWeather Post Pavilion, the Capitol Center, Cole Field House, the Towson Center and RFK Stadium.

Three out of the four signatures on the Beatles guitar were acquired at these various venues (Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison). He was unable to acquire John Lennon's signature at any of these locations.

In early 1980, after several failed attempts to get the remaining signature to obtain the final autograph, he traveled to New York to attempt to get John Lennon's signature. He went to the Dakota, the building Lennon lived in, and waited patiently outside. On the second day, John Lennon came out on foot and Dave approached him. He explained that he had the other three Beatles signatures but was missing his. Lennon commented “.. of course, he needed the most important signature” and signed his guitar.

Dave Wakefield Sr. kept the guitar in his home in a case. A few years ago, he passed it on to his son who is now putting it up for auction.

Catalog: www.cbtechlive.com

Rare rock memorabilia, albums, guitars all autographed to be auctioned April 1, 2006 a portion benefiting “Center for Cancer and blood Disorders at Phoenix Children’s Hospital”. Also available for bid is a series of high-quality photographic prints from Robert M. Knight, one of the most prolific photographers in rock music history. The photographs include classic shots of such artists as Jeff Beck, Dave Matthews, John Mayer and ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons. Possible guest celebrities including world renowned rock photographer Robert Knight and friends will attend to auction off rare rock music photography to benefit the children.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 05:31 AM   #2
Dr. Dreamer
Mr. Moonlight

Lennon commented “.. of course, he needed the most important signature” and signed his guitar. SO John!
Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Beatle Corinne
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dreamer
Lennon commented “.. of course, he needed the most important signature” and signed his guitar. SO John!
Yes, that made me chuckle

My Beatle Covers

My Homepage

My Poetry
Beatle Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2006, 06:44 AM   #4
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dreamer

I know eh? Good old John........makes me sad though that the signature was signed in 1980.......