BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Mar 20, 2008, 03:53 AM   #41
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

You know, I hadn't paid much attention to the lack of her evidence of charitable giving, but now that you guys point it out, I find it very disturbing indeed. I have to wonder if her focus on charity has been more of a way for her to make money and less about her concern for the welfare of anyone other than herself. I hate to sound so mean, but at this point, I wouldn't put it past her.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 05:04 AM   #42
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinluv182 View Post
Welcome to the world of Heather doing hurtful and mean things to your favorite Beatle.
Well said.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:17 AM   #43
Jania Coyd
Dr. Robert

I'm glad is over for Paul and Bea. Can't really say I care about Heather... From now on I won't say anything about her at all.
But I love Paul.

Bjrn
Jania Coyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:23 AM   #44
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Well said.

Sorry if you feel I have stepped on your toes, Lucy. I know you feel protective towards Paul and I think your feelings towards him are sweet and well intentioned... also very loyal.

Please do not think I do not share your wishes for the best for Paul. I always have. I merely also liked Heather as well.

I do not understand her hiring Gloria Allred.

As Lynn said, I hope they can move on now.

Last edited by Hari's Chick : Mar 20, 2008 at 07:24 AM.
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:24 AM   #45
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
Once again Heather is shown to be lying. In her last TV appearance, before these court documents were released, she clearly stated on camera (I watched) that she was all about charitable giving and that her friends were astonished at the amounts she gave away to charity every year. Nobody could give away that much!, she claimed they said.
I think there's something else to think about here. & I'm not attacking Heather, I'm just merely pointing out something...

If you give to charity, WHY do you do it? Do you do it to help the needy? Or do you do it for yourself?

I find it interesting that Heather tends to talk openly & freely about "how much she has given". & now that she's a millionaire, giving some of that millions is not going to be as hard as it would be for someone to give away their last dollar, if you know what I'm saying.

If she had really done enough, her actions would speak louder than words, wouldn't they? I don't remember Princess Diana going around pointing out to the media how much she had given. But how many film clips have we actually SEEN of her giving, doing, supporting the needy?

Why draw attention to yourself by saying "I did this & I did that", "see what I've done here", etc. It's like saying "see what a wonderful person I am". I just don't understand why people give so that they look good... does that make sense?
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:43 AM   #46
VersusBatman
Sun King

Quote:
Why draw attention to yourself by saying "I did this & I did that", "see what I've done here", etc. It's like saying "see what a wonderful person I am". I just don't understand why people give so that they look good... does that make sense?
Absolutly. Take Mother Theresa. She never exploited her service to people. She just did it because it was the right thing to do. There is a fine line between bringing awareness to a cause and bringing the attention to yourself.

It's like the parable of the Widow's Mite. The rich pharasee made a showcase of giving tons of money to the church. But the poor widow quietly gave her last two mites.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:05 AM   #47
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha View Post
I actually DO kind of understand that. While selfless giving is a wonderful thing, to be sure, there are a lot of people with big egos or who are insecure who like, perhaps even NEED, to be recognized for the good they do. They want the pats on the back and the "Oh you're so generous" comments. Yes, that does make their giving a little "All About Me", but they're still giving and the money is no less needed than if it'd been donated anonymously. If I was running a charity, I'd rather have a celeb give me a lot of money and expect to be acknowledged for it than not have them contribute at all.

Not that this has much to do with Heather, but I do kind of get where people like that are coming from. I think you can be generous and not necessarily be selfless.

Last edited by Rellevart : Mar 20, 2008 at 11:06 AM.
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 02:01 PM   #48
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
They want the pats on the back and the "Oh you're so generous" comments. <snip> Not that this has much to do with Heather, but I do kind of get where people like that are coming from. I think you can be generous and not necessarily be selfless.
The problem with Heather is that she wants to get the pats on the back WITHOUT doing the act! That's not a very nice thing to do however you look at it, is it? Particularly since she's been going on record condemning others for not giving enough!
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 02:15 PM   #49
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
The problem with Heather is that she wants to get the pats on the back WITHOUT doing the act!
If that ends up being the case, I totally agree with you.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:36 PM   #50
Serena

it's expected that she'd be immature about this situation, even after its final settlement. i'm not sure what else she's getting at, she just like pouring salt on wounds.

i'm still not exactly sure what went wrong in the first place.

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 06:01 AM   #51
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I'm just glad it's over so that Paul can finally move past this...

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:40 AM   #52
PaulisMine
Dr. Robert

Thumbs up

Paul seems in good spirits today! Look, he's even throwing a Macca! HOW CUTE OMG SQUEE
take me to that place
where I can find my brave face
PaulisMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 01:34 PM   #53
Maxine
Dr. Robert

Well, it's a good thing that this is finally over! However, it pisses me off how much money that woman walks away with, but hopefully we never have to hear about her again. Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged...
Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 01:37 PM   #54
VersusBatman
Sun King

Na na na na! Na na na na! Hey hey hey! Goodbye!

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 09:41 PM   #55
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I say good on Paul for wanting to keep things cordial with Heather for the sake of their child. That will no doubt pay dividends and it reflects well on him.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 02:45 AM   #56
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

Unfortunately folks not as over as we all seem to think, and did you know they love her in America??? See the link below for more Heather c**p!! Poor Paul!!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2303...nd_mucca.shtml

We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.
Paul McCartney

Last edited by oldbeatlechick : Mar 23, 2008 at 02:46 AM.
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 05:41 AM   #57
Magill
Sun King

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeatlechick View Post
...and did you know they love her in America???
It's true that we're more accustomed to unstable people like her and her antics may be less shocking for us, but I can assure you, she is definitely not loved by many Americans.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:59 AM   #58
dav-here
Sun King

Send a message via Yahoo to dav-here
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill View Post
It's true that we're more accustomed to unstable people like her and her antics may be less shocking for us, but I can assure you, she is definitely not loved by many Americans.
I can vouch that she's definitely NOT loved by Dave here!!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:48 PM   #59
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeatlechick View Post
Unfortunately folks not as over as we all seem to think, and did you know they love her in America??? See the link below for more Heather c**p!! Poor Paul!!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2303...nd_mucca.shtml
Americans WANT to hear what she has to say? Mercy! I only know one American that I can think of that would listen. I think the rest of us have heard quite enough. & if these quotes are really her words, I'm just sick inside. Why is she so intent on making anyone else's life rough? Such a sad, sad mind.
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 02:05 PM   #60
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I feel very sorry for Heather Mills.

It's over; they couldn't work it out.
It's over; they ain't gonna twist and shout.
It's over; it's sad how it's come about.
It's over; both parties wanted out.

It's over; it's time to call it a day.
It's over; let's hope all had their say.
It's over; the best will come we pray.
It's over; there ain't much else to say.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote