BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old May 27, 2007, 09:11 AM   #61
Esmirelda
Sun King

This is from WhatGoesOn.com...Apparantly Mucca was supposed to be on The View:

HEATHER AXED
By Ryan Parry 26/05/2007
HEATHER Mills has been dumped from a big-name US TV show after a row with its powerful host Barbara Walters, it was claimed yesterday.

The presenter, an American TV legend, was furious when Mills failed to turn up for an interview after her stint on Dancing With the Stars.

Sources say the estranged wife of Sir Paul McCartney has been dropped from a week-long guest slot on Walters' morning show, The View.

But a friend said Mills turned down the show because she had to look after her daughter Beatrice.

Mills, 39, was meant to go on air and talk about her time on the hit reality dancing show.

But when she failed to turn up, angry Walters refused to work with her.

A clearly peeved Walters rubbished Mills to a live studio audience.

She said: "When I brought up that maybe everything she had said was not totally true, a whole other side of her came out."
Old May 27, 2007, 05:55 PM   #62
beatlelover45223

Sounds like two stories mixed together and embellished to me!

~ Nancy ~
Old May 28, 2007, 04:30 PM   #63
jesgear
Sun King

Yoko Ono lavishes praise on Heather Mills

By ANI
Monday May 28, 06:25 PM
London, May 28 (ANI): One person firmly in Heather Mills' corner is John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono.

Ono, who has for long been blamed by Beatles fans for breaking up the band, praised Sir Paul McCartney's estranged wife for winning over the public in the US, if not in the UK, after appearing on the show 'Dancing with the Stars'.

"That was so incredible. Making herself a heroine with that ballroom dancing stuff in America," the Mirror quoted Ono, as saying.

And, what has really garnered Mills the respect of Ono, is the fact that she turned around the opinion people had of her on her own.

"She did it single-handedly. That's difficult for anyone to do. The worst thing a woman can have is guilt. As long as your intention is not to hurt or upset other people, then anything you do is fine," Ono said.

However, Ono's support for Mills is not likely to endear her to Macca, who has never made an attempt to disguise his dislike of Lennon's widow since the 60s.

Macca and Mills recently decided to call a truce on their nasty divorce battle, for the sake of their three-year old daughter Beatrice. (ANI)

Old May 28, 2007, 04:57 PM   #64
Hari's Chick

Yay, Yoko, I agree with what she says.
Old May 28, 2007, 06:15 PM   #65
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Smile

It's nice to see someone say something positive.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : May 28, 2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old May 29, 2007, 03:43 AM   #66
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Hmmmm.....likely the reason that Yoko came out in support of Heather is because of her dislike for Paul. Yoko's opinion does little to make me like her or Heather any more.

I hope this divorce is finalized soon so that Heather can fade into the background.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old May 29, 2007, 03:45 AM   #67
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

I don't think Yoko is the kind of woman to say something about someone else purely to get at a third party. Well I hope not anyway because I really like her!
Old May 29, 2007, 08:51 AM   #68
Loka
Nowhere Man

...how comes that no one ever doubts anything good the press writes about her, but :rollseyes: and stuff as soon as there´s a bad article.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:12 AM   #69
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesgear View Post
However, Ono's support for Mills is not likely to endear her to Macca, who has never made an attempt to disguise his dislike of Lennon's widow since the 60s.
Ehh! This is the same old stuff that comes up all the time. I don't think Paul & Yoko have THAT much in for each other. I don't know why the press loves to do this. (Well, yes I do!)

I think Yoko was just being supportive of Heather & I do think to many people, her being on that show was a positive, encouraging thing. So Yoko's not wrong in saying that.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:50 AM   #70
VersusBatman
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmirelda View Post
This is from WhatGoesOn.com...Apparantly Mucca was supposed to be on The View:

HEATHER AXED
By Ryan Parry 26/05/2007
HEATHER Mills has been dumped from a big-name US TV show after a row with its powerful host Barbara Walters, it was claimed yesterday.

The presenter, an American TV legend, was furious when Mills failed to turn up for an interview after her stint on Dancing With the Stars.

Sources say the estranged wife of Sir Paul McCartney has been dropped from a week-long guest slot on Walters' morning show, The View.

But a friend said Mills turned down the show because she had to look after her daughter Beatrice.

Mills, 39, was meant to go on air and talk about her time on the hit reality dancing show.

But when she failed to turn up, angry Walters refused to work with her.

A clearly peeved Walters rubbished Mills to a live studio audience.

She said: "When I brought up that maybe everything she had said was not totally true, a whole other side of her came out."
Wow, seems like Babwa has issues. Of course this is small potatoes compared to the Rosie/Elizabeth fued.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
Old May 30, 2007, 06:44 PM   #71
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Oh, boy! If you're going to have a barney, girls, can I hold your coat? Rosie vs. Elizabeth is the stuff television history is made of. I think all of these ladies on The View have issues, Babwa aka Baba Wahwah and Joy as well.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old May 30, 2007, 09:44 PM   #72
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Mills may join Macca to cut his birthday cake

By ANI
Wednesday May 30, 11:20 AM
Washington, May 30 (ANI): Now that Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills have decided to call a truce, they are on such good terms that they might be celebrating the singer's 65th birthday together.

The couple, who were involved in some pretty nasty mud-slinging when they decided to go their separate ways, put their differences aside when they realised that their antagonism was taking a toll on their young daughter Beatrice.

And the two have apparently come such a long way, that they are now planning a "special celebration" with just the two of them, and Beatrice.

A source revealed that though Mills would not be attending Macca's official birthday bash on June 18, they would be meeting up later for a private get-together.

"She's not going to his party, because she feels that is inappropriate and would cause too much ill feeling among the family," Contactmusic quoted the source, as saying.

"But Paul, Heather and Bea will have a special celebration with cake and presents. Their celebration will take place on the day of his birthday and Heather will buy a present from Bea, but also one from herself," the source added.

Macca and Mills, who tied the knot in 28 October 2002, announced their split on May 17, 2006. (ANI)
Old May 30, 2007, 09:45 PM   #73
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Heather Mills regrets marriage split
Sunday, May 27 2007, 09:58 BST

By Daniel Kilkelly

Heather Mills has decided that she regrets her split from Sir Paul McCartney, according to a report.

The former model has told pals that she would rather give her marriage another try than receive a huge cash sum as part of their divorce settlement.

One friend told the News of the World: "She said she'd been devastated by the divorce and has become an emotional wreck. Heather doesn't care about the huge load of money coming her way. She'd much rather be happily married than rich and miserable.

"She said she would gladly give back every penny for another shot at happiness with Paul. She loved being married to him and it was the biggest regret of her life that things became so awful between them that divorce was the only option."
Old May 31, 2007, 05:10 AM   #74
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Paulrus View Post
"She said she would gladly give back every penny for another shot at happiness with Paul. She loved being married to him and it was the biggest regret of her life that things became so awful between them that divorce was the only option."
She loved being married to him? But... but... all those things she said... Did they not happen? Or is it because she's fading from the spotlight & she wants back in it?

Poor dear girl! She needs to make up her mind! & well, so does Paul! Crazy!
Old May 31, 2007, 06:57 AM   #75
VersusBatman
Sun King

After all that stuff she said, I don't know how Paul could take her back. They were pretty serious accusations.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
Old Jun 02, 2007, 09:36 AM   #76
PEACENYC2009
Fool On The Hill

Default Yoko on Heather

The women do not know one another at all. Have met all of once or twice in their lives, if that. So the view is not really valid nor based in experience with HM. One just needs to look at Ms. M's past relationships and patterns and lifelong penchant to exaggerate and to self-promote and the whole truth is revealed. Her charity work is about her own needs for attention and self-aggrandisement which is why people are often skeptical about it. HM's ego appears to be what drives her and not an innately charitable nature.
Old Jun 03, 2007, 12:36 PM   #77
sadie
Sun King

I like what Yoko said, a wise lady.
Old Jun 03, 2007, 01:27 PM   #78
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha View Post
She loved being married to him? But... but... all those things she said... Did they not happen? Or is it because she's fading from the spotlight & she wants back in it?

Poor dear girl! She needs to make up her mind! & well, so does Paul! Crazy!

The woman is obviously missing being married to the iconic Paul McCartney!

I think she is missing the celebrity that the relationship bought her.

“We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.”
Paul McCartney
Old Jun 04, 2007, 08:31 AM   #79
PEACENYC2009
Fool On The Hill

I agree with you--it is a little late to be bemoaning the end of a marriage. She gave up quickly when there were bumps which is what all romance-a-holics do. Look at her patterns with all previous men. A person is the sum of their choices.

Yoko does not know HM from a hole in the wall as well as she and Paul do not socialize but when forced to do so, i.e. Cirque du Soleil. So her opinion is a projection at best and probably intended to get at Paul as they both seem to do from time to time.
Old Jun 04, 2007, 08:38 AM   #80
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACENYC2009 View Post

Yoko does not know HM from a hole in the wall as well as she and Paul do not socialize but when forced to do so, i.e. Cirque du Soleil. So her opinion is a projection at best and probably intended to get at Paul as they both seem to do from time to time.
Obviously you and other fans know Heather better and are free to comment.
Way to much have been read into Yoko's comments, she just thought it was good for Heather to be on the show. Honestly all this has very little to do with the divorce, and when the divorce finally is settled some probably will still be busy digging up every Heather article. If you don't care about Heather why waste more time on her. She would have been long forgotten if it wasn't for the internet and forums with topics like this. I really don't care what Heather does, if she wants to dance on a show good for her.

Last edited by Legs : Jun 04, 2007 at 08:39 AM.
Closed Thread