BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products



Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2006, 08:50 PM   #61
angelababy
Fool On The Hill
 
Join Date: May 07, 2006
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Angela, since you are new, please be reminded that the overall tone in your posts has raised many hackles. I am asking you nicely to stick with issues, please and leave personalities or any differences, real or imagined you have with others out of it.
I have no problems with any other members, so why turn it personal? (I'm also not responsible for anybody's hackles but my own.) I've done fine sticking with the issue, which is that I don't think such a nasty insult against Heather should be able to stand. Famous or not, such malicious accusations against the Fabs or their loved ones I would think would not be tolerated on a fan board. If that poster steps up and apologizes then I see no reason why the thread shouldn't be fine, as it was doing fine before then before that crap was posted. But how are we supposed to show respect to posters when such disrespectful comments about the Beatles or their families are allowed? If the mods don't like Heather as they've clear then that's fine, but I would think such blatant insults to her character would still be nipped in the bud, at least because of libel concerns.
angelababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 03:00 AM   #62
Magill
Sun King
 
Magill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2002
Location: Back to where I once belonged
Posts: 13,597

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelababy
If the mods don't like Heather as they've clear then that's fine, but I would think such blatant insults to her character would still be nipped in the bud, at least because of libel concerns.
Not sure what you mean here, maybe there's a typo in there somewhere? But if you're even insinuating that the mods don't like Heather, then those are fightin' words, missy! Look back on BB's posts. I also know that Lynn has no problem with Heather. What I do have a problem with is that you really don't seem to know a whole lot about why all of us members are really here for. And that is, The Beatles. Heather? Eh...not so much.
(Uh, oh..I'm starting to hear troll bells going off here. )
__________________
That WAS you buzzin'! You naughty boy!

Last edited by Magill : May 15, 2006 at 03:08 AM.
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 03:07 AM   #63
Harry
Nowhere Man
 
Join Date: May 13, 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelababy
Okay, I have to speak up, because some of you all are posting very ridiculous and WRONG comments, and I don't want anyone lurking to believe some of what you all are saying. Some of you have a knack for completely inventing things that never came out of Heather's mouth just to make her look bad. You all are too wrapped in your image of Paul as the mythical perfect Beatle, that's the only myth making I see going on (and turning Linda into a saint).



You should be ashamed of yourself. What the hell is wrong with YOU? She made a joke to an interviewer that she answered emails alone "which is a change, because usually my baby is crawling on my lap and hitting all the wrong buttons." You're the one who turned that into a nasty thing because you don't like her and buy into the myth of Paul.

I had to laugh at the above "Heather is too Park Avenue" comment, too. Heather is British, grew up poor, and at various points lived in a children's home or on the streets. You know who actually DID grow up on Park Avenue? Linda! Her family had an apartment on Park Avenue in addition to their house in the Hamptons.

Here's a comment from Paul on the fight he and Linda had the night before they were married:

"We were crazy. We had a big argument the night before we got married and it was nearly called off. We were very up and down, quite funky compared to the eventual image of 'Twenty-five years of married bliss! Aren't they lucky for people in showbiz?' But we are. You get this picture of us swanning along in a little rowboat managing to avoid the white water, but we were right in the middle of that white water, man, so it's even more miraculous that we made it. But we did."

He always emphasized how he and Linda argued and had many problems in their marriage. In Vanity Fair in 1993 he said, "At any point in the last 24 years you would've looked at us and said, They might not last." To which Linda said, "We STILL might not last." She wasn't joking and the interviewer clarified just to make sure.

But fans are now spouting crap about how Paul and Linda were perfect, never argued, were never apart, and it's entirely unlike Paul to get mad and run off after an argument, even though he did at least once in the 70's and by his own admission did it the night before his and Linda's wedding. The Daily Mail article today in particular was disgusting, going on and on about how Paul is kind, caring, gentle, perfect in every way, doesn't have a temper, is brilliant, etc. but Heather is an evil hussy who has a temper and starts arguments and yells, etc. This is the same tabloid who a few months ago was excerpting the Sandford book and calling Paul a manwhore, an egomaniac, a terror of a boss, and cheap.

ATA: I forgot to add that the people saying Heather didn't know who the Beatles were are the ones who are lying, not Heather. She NEVER said that. She said she wasn't a big fan of the Beatles and didn't know much about them, and there's a difference. Just because you all are obsessed with the band doesn't mean every other person has to be. Her exact quote when interviewed by Barbara Walters five years ago, when asked if she was a Beatles fan was, "Not really. I liked Wings." I find it funny that those who accuse her or lying of stretching the truth are actually the ones doing that themselves. I'm not a fan of Yoko's, but people did the same thing with her. Fans still repeat over and over that Yoko claimed she had never heard of the Beatles before she met John. But if you actually go and look at the original source, what Yoko said is that she wasn't really into the Beatles because it wasn't her type of music and pop music wasn't big in the circles she hung out in. But because Beatles fans can't accept that others' lives don't revolve around the band, that turned into, "Let's call her a liar over something she never said."
You only speak the truth, go on you tell them!!!!!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 03:24 AM   #64
Georgie Girl
Sun King
 
Georgie Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2005
Location: Sinkhole, Texas
Posts: 17,132

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynner
If you have a problem with someone's post on this thread, then pm them. Thanks!
I wish people would do the same in the George threads.
__________________

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 03:54 AM   #65
Lynner
Moderator
 
Lynner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13, 2001
Location: Elmwood Park, IL USA
Posts: 12,499



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl
I wish people would do the same in the George threads.
You could bring that up to the moderator's there. I'm sure that that would be fine. Actually, that should hold true on any of the forums.
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 04:01 AM   #66
beatlebangs1964
Moderator
 
beatlebangs1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2001
Posts: 37,552



Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default

GGirl, what happened on that one George thread has nothing to do with this thread. In that instance, it was handled front board because many people were doing the same thing and it had reached a point where immediate action was needed. That same behavior was occuring in other fora and not just CP. People were egging each other on, which caused the behavior to escalate and keeping the issue going. By doing it front board there, it was in response to the actions of more than one person. However, that is separate from this case.

As moderators, we strive to meet everybody's needs equitably.


Quote:
Originally Posted by angelababy
I have no problems with any other members, so why turn it personal? (I'm also not responsible for anybody's hackles but my own.) I've done fine sticking with the issue, which is that I don't think such a nasty insult against Heather should be able to stand. Famous or not, such malicious accusations against the Fabs or their loved ones I would think would not be tolerated on a fan board. If that poster steps up and apologizes then I see no reason why the thread shouldn't be fine, as it was doing fine before then before that crap was posted. But how are we supposed to show respect to posters when such disrespectful comments about the Beatles or their families are allowed? If the mods don't like Heather as they've clear then that's fine, but I would think such blatant insults to her character would still be nipped in the bud, at least because of libel concerns.
Angela, I am asking you again nicely to please keep things courteous. You are responsible for the way you respond to others. Lashing out and making personal attacks is bound to raise hackles. You can get your point across much more effectively by being courteous.

Now I don't like personal attacks on Heather either and I have said many times that if anybody has any issue with any of her public behavior that has been reported or if they want to express an opinion, well and good. If it turns personal and nasty toward her, then that's a different story. So far people have been good about not dumping on her which won't sit well here. For those who have expressed critical opinions, they are well within their right to do so. We are just as within our right to disagree. Again, I must insist that you keep from attacking other members. That just isn't going to work here, Angela.

The Beatles are not sacred cows and if somebody has a differing opinion, they are entitled to express it. You are just as within your right to disagree. We are not thought police; we are just people sharing ideas and opinions. Again, Angela I am asking you to remain civil.

So far we've had many interesting viewpoints come across. I want to keep this thread open so others can have a chance to express themselves. That is only fair and again, Angela, I must insist that you please keep from lashing out at others who disagree with you.
__________________
With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!-- Beatles, 1963

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : May 15, 2006 at 09:16 AM. Reason: mispelled a word
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 04:02 AM   #67
Lynner
Moderator
 
Lynner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13, 2001
Location: Elmwood Park, IL USA
Posts: 12,499



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelababy
If the mods don't like Heather as they've clear then that's fine, but I would think such blatant insults to her character would still be nipped in the bud, at least because of libel concerns.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
Not sure what you mean here, maybe there's a typo in there somewhere? But if you're even insinuating that the mods don't like Heather, then those are fightin' words, missy! Look back on BB's posts. I also know that Lynn has no problem with Heather. What I do have a problem with is that you really don't seem to know a whole lot about why all of us members are really here for. And that is, The Beatles. Heather? Eh...not so much.
Thanks, Nancy, I was going to post the same thing. Angelababy, please clarify your first sentence, because I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Anyone Paul loves is fine by me. I try not to judge, as I don't know her. I don't know all the facts behind what Heather has said and what she has not, so if another member misquotes or mis-reprsents something Heather has said, and someone else can give correct information, well then they should post it. We just prefer that it's done in a nice style, rather than an accusing one.

You seem to know a lot about Heather and if you'd like to share that knowledge, then that's cool.

Last edited by Lynner : May 15, 2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: took out a line that wasn't needed/misspelled
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 04:05 AM   #68
Georgie Girl
Sun King
 
Georgie Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2005
Location: Sinkhole, Texas
Posts: 17,132

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
GGirl, what happened on that one George thread has nothing to do with this thread. In that instance, it was handled front board because many people were doing the same thing and it had reached a point where immediate action was needed. That same behavior was occuring in other fora and not just CP. By doing it front board there, it was a response to the actions of more than one person. However, that is separate from this case.
Of course.
__________________

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 04:08 AM   #69
beatlebangs1964
Moderator
 
beatlebangs1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2001
Posts: 37,552



Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default

Getting back to where we once belonged which was this topic...

I think Lynner said it best. Since I don't know Heather personally, I feel I am in no position to judge. Anybody Paul loves and wants in his life is fine by me as well...I have no reason to take any issue with Heather. Since we can't verify that story/report, just keep an open mind and if somebody does have and can provide any different information, well and good.
__________________
With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!-- Beatles, 1963

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 04:10 AM   #70
Rellevart
Moderator
 
Rellevart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 15, 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 13,764


Send a message via MSN to Rellevart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart
As I've said before, IF it's true, it'll come out soon enough via the legitimate press and until then I'll respect Paul and Heather's privacy and not speculate as to the truth or lack thereof of the rumors.
Mmmmm...yeah. Still think this.
__________________
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 04:13 AM   #71
beatlebangs1964
Moderator
 
beatlebangs1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2001
Posts: 37,552



Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default

Well put. I second that.
__________________
With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!-- Beatles, 1963

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 06:17 AM   #72
Loka
Nowhere Man
 
Loka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 23, 2005
Posts: 222
Default

You should be ashamed of yourself. What the hell is wrong with YOU?

...and THAT was not a very nice move, Heather.

We´re talking about two people that we all don´t know and I would very much like to suggest not to go bashing each other.
Try to keep the focus of your posts on Paul and Heather and don´t attack me.

I kindly ask you.
__________________
"Don´t hit that tone with me, young man! I fought the war for your sort."
Loka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 09:05 AM   #73
beatlebangs1964
Moderator
 
beatlebangs1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2001
Posts: 37,552



Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default

And on that note we resume our discussion.
__________________
With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!-- Beatles, 1963

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 09:08 AM   #74
VersusBatman
Sun King
 
VersusBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 10,937
Default

Trolls are like stray cats. The more you feed them, they more they come back.

Just a thought...
__________________
"Truly, this man was the King of Pop." - Nostalgic Critic


It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 09:11 AM   #75
beatlebangs1964
Moderator
 
beatlebangs1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2001
Posts: 37,552



Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default

Yes, and I think it is time to stop feeding into the side discussion of trolls and troll like behavior. The sooner we let that pass, the sooner we can resume business and the conversation at hand. Everybody's cooperation is greatly appreciated.
__________________
With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!-- Beatles, 1963

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 10:43 AM   #76
angelababy
Fool On The Hill
 
Join Date: May 07, 2006
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
The Beatles are not sacred cows and if somebody has a differing opinion, they are entitled to express it. You are just as within your right to disagree. We are not thought police; we are just people sharing ideas and opinions. Again, Angela I am asking you to remain civil
Again, we're not talking about a valid criticism of her or an opinion. We're talking about someone who invented a quote of Heather's that she never said regarding her own child and used it to personally attack her. Something that would get her sued had it been printed in a regular newspaper. How you think that fits into a "nice discussion" or just an exchange of views is beyond me. I don't see why you're avoiding that issue by cloaking it in "Well, everybody is just entitled to their views." If I said John Lennon was a child molestor, that wouldn't be my opinion, it would be a malicious attack. It's not a "view" when it's based on something that didn't happen. If you want civility or respect why not start?

You said, "If it turns personal and nasty toward her, that's a different story." Well, it did turn personal and nasty toward her and the mods STILL as yet haven't done anything about that post. You're too busy harping on me, who dared to say anything about that nasty comment. Now that is suspicious.
angelababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 11:04 AM   #77
Rellevart
Moderator
 
Rellevart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 15, 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 13,764


Send a message via MSN to Rellevart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelababy
Well, it did turn personal and nasty toward her and the mods STILL as yet haven't done anything about that post.
I'm not a moderator on this part of the forum, so BB and Lynner, please forgive me for butting in, but I'd just like to let you know that in general, around here, moderators try to guide the discussion back to the topic at hand and they don't just go in and edit/censor members posts the way they do on some forums.
__________________
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 11:06 AM   #78
MonaMe577
Bulldog
 
MonaMe577's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 23, 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,128
Default

Oh, for Pete's sake...

Here's the quote in question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka
Then her complaints about being a full-time Mum, her baby bothering whenever she wants to have time for herself - what the hell is wrong with that woman?
And here's what Heather actually said:
Quote:
“Motherhood is the hardest job in the world – all mothers should be paid a wage. Now, going to work feels like a holiday even though I adore my baby. Whenever I speak to my friends they say the longer you're at home the more confidence you lose. It's absolutely true – talk about multitasking! I've just started to get a babysitter to give me a bit more time but usually my baby is climbing on my lap deleting my emails or cc'ing private ones to inappropriate people.”
Now, I might not personally agree with Loka's interpretation of the quote, but I can see how she (he?) might draw that conclusion. I wouldn't call her (him? ) a liar...and I certainly wouldn't call it slander.
__________________


"They're just a passing phase, symptoms of the uncertainty of the times and the confusion about us. I hope, when they get older, they'll get a haircut." -- Billy Graham, on the Beatles

Last edited by MonaMe577 : May 15, 2006 at 11:07 AM. Reason: adding hyperlink
MonaMe577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 11:46 AM   #79
angelababy
Fool On The Hill
 
Join Date: May 07, 2006
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
I'm not a moderator on this part of the forum, so BB and Lynner, please forgive me for butting in, but I'd just like to let you know that in general, around here, moderators try to guide the discussion back to the topic at hand and they don't just go in and edit/censor members posts the way they do on some forums.
You don't have to censor or edit, but saying, hey, that's not allowed, would be nice. Or at the very least don't jump all over me for quoting that original person's words.
angelababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 01:11 PM   #80
Lynner
Moderator
 
Lynner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13, 2001
Location: Elmwood Park, IL USA
Posts: 12,499



Default

angelababy and BB, I sent you both a pm on this topic, please check it out when you can. Thanks.


And going back to the topic:

I still don't believe the rumors. I think it's possible that they've perhaps had a fight and because they're famous, it gets escalated to divorce rumors. Man, if the papers ever heard me and my husband argue (and yes, I love him madly) they'd have thought we'd divorce years ago!
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nashvillians remember Paul McCartney and Wings' working vacation here in 1974 I am the Paulrus Red Rose Speedway 6 Aug 24, 2005 01:06 PM
Chart Runs for Paul McCartney Wolf Red Rose Speedway 1 Jun 03, 2004 11:33 PM
Another poll for the ladies... DizzymissLizzy909 Abbey Road 24 Jan 26, 2004 10:16 AM
2002-11-23 - TV Guide - Paul McCartney Jerry The Word 0 Jun 13, 2003 11:45 PM
Paperback writers- Beatles Fan Fiction Litl Lennon Come Together 45 Mar 20, 2001 08:10 PM


Advertisements

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Features
Search Links

  Advanced Search
Category Jump



BeatleMail

FREE E-MAIL
@ BEATLEMAIL.COM


Username


Password




New User Sign-Up!
Lost Password?
Beatles History




Donate
The costs of running our database and discussion forum are steadily rising. Any help we receive is greatly appreciated. Click HERE for more information about donating to BeatleLinks.
Extras
» Chat Room
» Current News
» Monthly Contest
» Interviews Database
» Random Site
» Banner Exchange
» F.A.Q.
» Advertise
» Credits
» Legal
» Contact Us
Copyright © 2000-2019 BeatleLinks
All Rights Reserved