BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:13 PM   #41
FPSHOT
Sun King

Sorry Nipper, but the same as you take your right to bash on Heather day in day out, I take the right to say what I think about it...well....I don't even go that far...

I even deleted my post you quoted... but then...you beat me to it..

Last edited by FPSHOT : Jun 07, 2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:14 PM   #42
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Gentle reminder...

Getting back to the topic at hand here....

Many might say it is Devil's Radio, perhaps? Still, everyone will have to wait and see. As for myself, I will hope for everybody's best interest, here on this board and in the McCartney family.
I am confused, how exactly are you defining "Devil's Radio." I don't understand the phrase at all and cannot understand when people here use it to cover everything that is "uncomfortable" to talk about. It seems to be a catch-all for "this is a disturbing topic, so let's gloss over it."

Paul and Heather are getting a divorce. There is a child involved. There is likely to be a custody issue, whether the tabloids report it or not, simply because there usually IS one when a child is involved in ANY divorce. That's not "Devil's Radio," that's fact.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:15 PM   #43
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT
Sorry Nipper, but the same as you take your right to bash on Heather day in day out, I take the right to say what I think about it...well....I don't even go that far...

I even deleted my post you quoted... but then...you beat me to it..
I am not bashing her, you are practically canonizing her! If you can't stand to hear that some of us can't stand her, well, too bad.

I'm not afraid to hear what you think, go ahead and say it.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:16 PM   #44
FPSHOT
Sun King

Devil's Radio is a song by George Harrison... as in...the one who did The Beatles with Paul, John and Ringo...and it about Gossip....just so you know...

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:16 PM   #45
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Devil's Radio is a song by George Harrison... as in...the one who did The Beatles with Paul, John and Ringo...and it about Gossip....just so you know...
Yes, and people around here seem to use it to cover anything that is remotely "controversial" to discuss.

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:18 PM   #46
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

When I said "Devil's Radio," I was saying it in jest. I did not mean to gloss over a disturbing topic. I do not think this is really a disturbing topic.

It is current; it is a matter of interest to many fans; and it is a fact is right that there is a divorce with a young child involved. I apologize if my feeble attempt at levity has offended anyone; it was not meant to. I was just hoping to lighten things up a tad, that is all.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:20 PM   #47
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
When I said "Devil's Radio," I was saying it in jest. I did not mean to gloss over a disturbing topic. I do not think this is really a disturbing topic.

It is current; it is a matter of interest to many fans; and it is a fact is right that there is a divorce with a young child involved. I apologize if my feeble attempt at levity has offended anyone; it was not meant to. I was just hoping to lighten things up a tad, that is all.
No, BB, you didn't offend, I was just wondering why you used that particular phrase. I've seen it bandied about by other people who DO use it to gloss over things they'd rather not think about, that's all.

Thank you for clarifying.

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:20 PM   #48
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
I am not bashing her,
Okay in that case I think my English needs some improvement....I probably misunderstood some 200 posts the past weeks...

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:22 PM   #49
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Okay in that case I think my English needs some improvement....I probably misunderstood some 200 posts the past weeks...
Yes, I'd say you probably have.

I've stated strong opinions about how I don't like the woman, but I believe I have been very mindful of how I have stated it. Tough if it's not "nice" and "pretty" and "sweet." I won't lie and say I adore her, sorry. I am only sorry Paul ever got involved with her -- and I am sure he is too.

Last edited by HMVNipper : Jun 07, 2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:25 PM   #50
beatlebangs1964

And you shouldn't have to. I've bitched and moaned from time to time about echoing the prevaling sentiment to appease others and I respect someone who will stand behind their own opinion. I've said for the last few years that being a vocal vertebrate (one with their own voice and a backbone) is an asset, a plus.

And I agree - it is not a requirement to like Heather or anybody else. As Susan stated above, it has to do with how that is expressed. I feel that she has a) expressed her position well and b) been very mindful of how she's done so.

I will ask that everybody be courteous; that is not directed toward any individual, but a general request so that everybody has a turn at bat and feels free to express their opinions without fear of reprisal.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:26 PM   #51
MonaMe577
Bulldog

Yow! Getting hot in the kitchen, wouldn't you say?

"They're just a passing phase, symptoms of the uncertainty of the times and the confusion about us. I hope, when they get older, they'll get a haircut." -- Billy Graham, on the Beatles
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:27 PM   #52
FPSHOT
Sun King

LOL.... I LMAO....ok Nipper...seems the floor is all yours... have fun

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:28 PM   #53
VersusBatman
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaMe577
Yow! Getting hot in the kitchen, wouldn't you say?
I've never been to a site where the Mods fight amongst themselves.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:37 PM   #54
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
I will ask that everybody be courteous; that is not directed toward any individual, but a general request so that everybody has a turn at bat and feels free to express their opinions without fear of reprisal.

The west is
the best.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:38 PM   #55
beatlebangs1964

And that is why a gentle reminder is being given.

We are not interested in drawing dividing lines in the sand...all I am asking is that everybody keep it to the topic; feel free to voice their honest opinions about Paul & Heather and Bea's situation. As long as we keep our own personal feelings out, then the kitchen will be cool without the help of a maximum powered AC.

Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:38 PM   #56
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman
I've never been to a site where the Mods fight amongst themselves.
I have--it rocks!

Just kidding, guys!

The west is
the best.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:49 PM   #57
Lynner

Hey! Mods are members, too! We just have a, er..title.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:50 PM   #58
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynner
Hey! Mods are members, too! We just have a, er..title.
And a "banned" button!

The west is
the best.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:51 PM   #59
Lynner

Nope. We don't.Anyway...back to topic...
Old Jun 07, 2006, 12:51 PM   #60
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl
How about instead?

Just for the record, Mods do not ban anybody...that is not our decision to make.

And the title is "Heather Getting Full Custody." How about we give custody of this topic to what its title suggests?

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jun 07, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
Closed Thread