BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Jun 14, 2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Lynner

Default Please post Heather articles here!

Hi everyone! Since Heather's very much in the news lately, Beatlebangs and I talked it over and decided to try to have all of the articles posted in just one topic (this one!) Basically, the topics tend to engulf each other anyway. So please, rather than start a new topic each time you want to post an article, post it here and we can discuss this all in one place. Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:13 PM   #2
bearkat77
Administrator

Thumbs up

Very good idea, Lynner. I also believe it would be better to closed all the other threads so the focus will be directed towards this one.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Lynner

Can't take all of the credit, Kat. Legs put the bug in my ear and BB and I thought it was a good idea, so, thanks Legs!
Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Lynner

Im listening to my admin and closing most of the Heather topics. So...carry on over here!

Last edited by Lynner : Jun 14, 2006 at 07:32 PM. Reason: forgot to make it a sticky!
Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:43 PM   #5
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006250730,00.html

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/e..._21221843.shtml

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/e..._21221826.shtml

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260282,00.html

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com....5001026,00.html

http://www.pr-inside.com/print7292.htm

MILLS WINS SOLE CUSTODY OF BABY BEATRICE

2006-06-07 08:57:58 -

LATEST: SIR PAUL McCARTNEY's estranged wife HEATHER MILLS has won sole custody of the couple's daughter BEATRICE.
The model-turned-activist's US spokeswoman MICHELE ELYZABETH has revealed the news to American TV show EXTRA.

Elyzabeth, who went public with her thoughts about the split and the press attacks on her client, claims Mills went to court on Friday (02JUN06) in London and received an order granting her full custody, with Sir Paul receiving visitation rights.
McCartney and Mills married in June 2002. Their daughter was born in October 2003.
The couple announced their split last month (MAY06).
Last week (ends02JUN06), McCartney blasted UK reports suggesting his baby daughter would live with him following his divorce.
Writing on his website, the former BEATLE said, "I continue to be dismayed by the inaccuracies in the media. We both agreed to work at all times in Beatrice's best interests."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://people.aol.com/people/articl...1201580,00.html

McCartneys Deny Custody Report

Wednesday Jun 07, 2006 10:05am EST
By Courtney Rubin and Pete Norman
CREDIT: JANET GOUGH / CELEBRITY PHOTO

Despite a U.S. television report, Heather Mills McCartney has not gained full custody of Beatrice, her 2-year-old daughter with estranged husband Sir Paul McCartney, reps for both Heather and Sir Paul tell PEOPLE.

The TV show Extra reported Tuesday that Michele Elyzabeth, described as Heather's publicist, said Heather had gone to court in London on Friday and received an order granting her full custody, with visitation rights for Sir Paul.

Sir Paul's U.K. publicist, Stuart Bell, tells PEOPLE the claim is "total rubbish."

And Heather's U.K. rep, Anya Noakes, tells PEOPLE, "Michele is Heather's U.S.-based publicist and a friend of hers, but I have absolutely no idea why she would have said this as no decisions have been made about custody of Beatrice."

(Noakes also said that reports that Heather will appear on Larry King Live were "not true – no plans at all.")

Last week, Sir Paul disputed another report regarding custody of Beatrice. In a June 1 posting on his Web site, he wrote: "I continue to be dismayed by inaccuracies in the media. I have seen the story in Hello magazine regarding custody arrangements for Heather's and my daughter, Beatrice, which is simply not true. We both have agreed to work at all times in Beatrice's best interest, but no decisions have been made yet."

In May, Heather, 38, and Sir Paul, who turns 64 on June 18, announced their split after nearly four years of marriage.

No matter what, McCartney's longtime friend and former John Lennon girlfriend May Pang tells PEOPLE, "This separation will not stop Paul from being a good father, as he has always been."

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jun 14, 2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:47 PM   #6
beatlebangs1964

LONDON (Reuters) - Heather Mills McCartney, estranged wife of former Beatle Paul McCartney, is to take legal action over a newspaper article alleging she worked as a prostitute in her twenties, her lawyers said on Tuesday.

"Heather is very distressed by this article," lawyers for the former model said after the weekend allegations in the News of the World tabloid. She called the article "untrue and highly defamatory."

The statement said Heather, who separated from her multi-millionaire husband last month, is recovering slowly from revision surgery on her leg which was amputated below the knee after a collision with a police motorcycle in 1993.

"She has suffered weight loss, anxiety and sleeping problems as a result of the stress and anxiety of the break-up of her marriage," the statement said.

But legal proceedings against the newspaper will be deferred until her divorce settlement is concluded, it added.

McCartney, 63, and Mills, 38, announced their separation last month, blaming media intrusion for the collapse of one of the most high-profile showbusiness marriages.

Legal experts believe that McCartney could lose up to a quarter of his estimated 825-million pound ($1.52 billion) fortune after separating from his second wife.

That would equate to roughly one million pounds for every week of their short-lived four-year marriage.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...&src=rss&rpc=22

June 11, 2006 -- The People

HEATHER SO THIN

Thin and gaunt, Sir Paul's estranged wife cuts a lonely figure as she plays with their tiny daughter on the beach Heather can't sleep, can't eat.. she's lost 14lbs.. pals say she's going through absolute hell.

Playing tenderly with her little daughter on a beach, Sir Paul McCartney's estranged wife Heather Mills cuts a gaunt and lonely figure.

In her first proper outing since the couple's high-profile separation six weeks ago, the former model tries to bring a little normality back to her tormented life.

But the physical and emotional scars caused by the shock break-up have clearly taken their toll on the once radiant anti-landmines campaigner.

Fellow day-trippers to the beach near her Sussex home hardly recognised one of the world's most famous women as she played in the sand with her excited daughter Beatrice, two.

And a worried friend said: "This has been the worst time of Heather's life."

He said 38-year-old Heather's weight had plummeted by 14 pounds - and she can't eat or sleep properly.

To make matters worse, there have been complications with her amputated leg and she needed a wheelchair to get to the beach.

And she has been left reeling by the publication of erotic pictures taken when she was a naive 18-year-old.

The pal said: "Heather doesn't know who to turn to at the moment because she can't trust anyone.

"She has become a virtual recluse in her home as she contemplates her future without Sir Paul. Basically Heather's on the verge of a breakdown - but she is determined to stay strong for Beatrice even though there is no chance of a reconciliation."

Heather - who lost her left leg below the knee after being hit by a police motorcycle in 1993 - has shunned the limelight since the split with the 63-year-old Beatle legend was announced.

She first fled to a bolthole in remote Slovenia as her life became absolute hell, say pals.

Now, with her weight plunging to below 8 stone, she has hidden herself away at her £2 million ($3.6 million) beach home in Hove.

The friend added: "She needs time and space to think what is best for her daughter but is in a bad way at the moment.

"Her weight has dropped because Heather has lost her appetite through all the worry. Normally she loves her food but she can't face anything.

At the best of times she looks skinny but now Heather looks tired and gaunt.

"She can't even get to sleep because she's lying awake at night playing everything over in her head."

Our exclusive pictures show just how dramatically Heather's weight has crashed.

After removing her green floral dress to reveal a black bikini decorated with cherries, Heather's ribs are clearly visible through her skin.

She hid her tired and drawn eyes behind a large pair of sunglasses.

And she had to use a wheelchair to get to the beach because a recent operation on her left leg is taking longer to heal than expected.

An onlooker told The People: "She unfolded the wheelchair from the boot of her car and wheeled herself and Beatrice - who was sat on her lap - down to the sand. She then attached her prosthetic limb and walked across the sand with Beatrice until they found a place to settle.

"With just a beach mat, a sandwich box and an inflatable aid for Beatrice, they played in the sand like any other mum and young daughter."

Friends say the beach outing - with not a security man in sight - was Heather's way of trying to put a brave face on her anguish to protect her daughter.

And as the couple's lawyers thrashed out the terms of the final divorce settlement, one pal revealed: "It is so hard for her.

"She's still wearing her wedding ring but there is no chance of a reconciliation.

"No decisions have yet been taken about the custody arrangements for Beatrice.

"But Heather will never give up Beatrice - her daughter means the world to her. She could be offered £25million in a divorce to hand their daughter over but she never would.

"Heather went through so much to give birth."

The friend also poured scorn on reports that Heather will try to cash in on her fame in the US.

The pal said: "Stories about her going to America to tell all on a chat show are complete nonsense.

"Yes, it's true Heather has been offered opportunities in the States.

"But she is staying in the UK - Beatrice is her priority right now."

Sir Paul met Heather at an awards ceremony in 1999 and they wed at a fairytale castle in Ireland in 2002.

Little Beatrice was born two years later.

Despite the "amicable split", Sir Paul is still trying to help Heather rebuild her life. The friend said: "He talks to her on the phone every day. He's trying to encourage Heather to eat and sleep properly but at the moment she isn't listening to anyone."

And referring to the raunchy photos of Heather and a male model - taken from a German book - the pal said: "Sir Paul knew all about the shoot.

"He has seen the pictures and they haven't shocked him in the slightest.

"As far as he's concerned she was a gullible teenager desperate to get a head start in the modelling profession."

Now all that matters for Heather is the welfare and happiness of her little girl Beatrice.

The source said: "Heather's in a bad place right now.

"But those few precious hours on the sand with her daughter will give her the strength and inspiration to look forwards, not backwards."

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/mo...rticleid=141523

McCartney’s soon-to-be ex looks for a little help from her friends
By Inside Track
Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Lady Heather Mills McCartney reportedly believes that her failed marriage to rock ’n’ roll royalty Sir Paul McCartney makes her heartache comparable to the late Princess Diana and Prince Charles’ deep-sixed marriage. Pish posh, we say!

The former lingerie model-turned-activist is said to be negotiating a Princess Di-style sit-down with England’s ITV’s Sir Trevor McDonald, reports ThisisLondon.com.
Anglophiles may remember the gobs of sympathy the Princess of Wales elicited when she spilled the intimate details of her ruined royal relationship with telly presenter Martin Bashir.

Lady McCartney, dubbed a “gold-digger” in the London tabloids and now fighting her famous hubby for custody of their daughter, Beatrice, 2, feels the need to spin her side of the story.

But insiders expect the booted Beatle bride might not garner the same spin success as England’s Queen of Hearts considering that Diana was more popular than her husband was - or ever will be.

Heather contends she and her good deeds for landmine victims and baby seals were overshadowed by her husband’s celebrity. Ya’ think?

Friends of the 63-year-old singer hold strong to their suspicion that Mills’ fiery temper - and not McCartney’s fame or the meddling media - caused the couple’s demise.
“He tried everything to make their marriage work,” a source told the National Enquirer. “He took insults and swallowed his pride just to smooth over their violent rows. This guy is idolized by millions of women, but he lost his heart to one who humiliated him.”

It could be Heather’s growing reputation for rage that is pushing her to appear on television as a vulnerable victim. An ITV source said: “Heather wants to give her side of the story and knows Sir Trevor and is a fan of his. She thinks he would give her a relatively smooth ride compared to other interviewers.”

She may get an easy interview with Sir Trevor, but considering Paul McCartney’s super-powerful divorce lawyer, Nicholas Mostyn, she’ll need to save her energy for court.

Mostyn is renown for his specialty in representing wives seeking massive settlements from wealthy husbands.

“He’s the best in Britain,” an insider told the Enquirer. “Paul got him before Heather could.”

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:49 PM   #7
beatlebangs1964

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33959.html

McCartney pleads: Lay off Heather Mills

Friday, June 9 2006, 17:59 BST - by Dave West

Sir Paul McCartney has pleaded with critics and the press to leave his estranged wife Heather Mills alone.

The former Beatle reportedly said he was worried about Mills' emotional state and has to comfort her constantly.

"It's almost like a witch-hunt. I'm really worried about her," he told a friend, according to the Daily Mirror. "She's in pieces over this and I wish people could see she's really different from the person she's portrayed as."

He said they are still close and denied there will be a custody battle over their daughter Beatrice. "Under the circumstances we're fine," he told a source. "We're talking, sorting stuff out and making the best of it.

"I can't believe the cruelty towards her. Heather will continue to be an important part of my life. There's still a lot between us and there always will be."

The singer also insisted he knew that Mills had posed naked in 1988, contrary to recent tabloid claims. "There's nothing in her past I don't know about. Nothing," he said. "I knew she'd done the pictures before we married. It was such a long time ago."

Old Jun 15, 2006, 03:08 AM   #8
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
MILLS WINS SOLE CUSTODY OF BABY BEATRICE

2006-06-07 08:57:58 -

LATEST: SIR PAUL McCARTNEY's estranged wife HEATHER MILLS has won sole custody of the couple's daughter BEATRICE.
SOLE custody ?

I hope this is just a rumour because, if true, this is ''wrong'' in every possible sense of the word...

Last edited by ABCKO : Jun 15, 2006 at 03:09 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 05:04 AM   #9
Loka
Nowhere Man

It´s already been denied (surprise surprise), and I don´t think that either one of them is heading for sole custody... Heather wants to continue her "career" in the US (have fun, guys) and maybe the baby will live with Paul, and she will visit her during holiday...no idea.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:24 AM   #10
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCKO
SOLE custody ?

I hope this is just a rumour because, if true, this is ''wrong'' in every possible sense of the word...
Maybe calculate the time between the announcement of the divorce till now...then taking in account that they both do not feel at their best during such a time when also the whole world is upon then...then take in account average legal procedures...then take in account Paul's statements.. and take a provisional conclusion...?

Old Jun 15, 2006, 08:35 AM   #11
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCKO
SOLE custody ?

It's nice having all of the Heather stuff in one thread, but this is the only bad thing about it, because as we already discussed in the original thread, this article was refuted as a rumor almost as soon as it was reported (on the 7th).

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:20 AM   #12
MonaMe577
Bulldog

Here's one I haven't seen before.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/from...5028453576.htm

International charity speaks out in support of Heather Mills McCartney
14 Jun 2006 11:25:00 GMT

UK-based international charity MAG (Mines Advisory Group) has spoken out today in support of Heather Mills McCartney and her global work to help clear landmines.

A co-laureate of the Nobel Peace Prize and one of the world's leading charities specialising in humanitarian conflict recovery programmes, MAG has been clearing landmines and other remnants of conflict since 1989. Executive director Lou McGrath said: "Heather's support for the landmine cause has been invaluable and utterly selfless. She was involved with the issues before her marriage to Sir Paul McCartney and continues to be a huge influence for the cause today.

"After the tireless work Heather has put into the landmine cause over many years MAG wishes to show our unreserved support for her and Sir Paul McCartney during a very difficult time."

McGrath added: "In recent years, at a time when many people believe that landmines no longer pose a worldwide threat and the issue is in danger of dropping off the public's radar, Heather has been a most important spokesperson keeping the cause in the public eye."

Heather supports MAG's work both through her charity Adopt-A-Minefield and personally. She has visited minefield clearance operations in 2004 and shared information with amputees and conflict survivors in heavily bombed or mined countries such as Vietnam, Cambodia and Croatia.

McGrath said: "Heather is a forthright campaigner appearing at MAG's events and seminars without entourage or ceremony and has a genuine grasp of the issues. We're very pleased to work with her and will continue to support her aims in ridding the world of the impact of the landmine."

"They're just a passing phase, symptoms of the uncertainty of the times and the confusion about us. I hope, when they get older, they'll get a haircut." -- Billy Graham, on the Beatles
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:23 AM   #13
MonaMe577
Bulldog

And here's the latest in the "Pornogate" scandal.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=18362

More Heather Mills 'Porn Pictures Surface
She was a busy girl...

Sir Paul McCartney is said to be reeling after it was revealed that his estranged wife Heather Mills-McCartney had modelled for two more sex manuals during the 1980’s.

The new pictures from one guide named ‘Sexual Secrets’ depict Mills being spanked, simulating full sex and taking part in bondage…and more worryingly, that mullet shows no sign of disappearing.

The Sun has also claimed that Mills was pictured in a top shelf French magazine. A friend of McCartney’s told the tabloid bent on ruining the former model: “This will be yet another bombshell for him.

“Heather always insisted that her modelling past just included a sex guide. But Paul’s since been made aware of how pornographic some pictures are. He has always thought the press were exaggerating her colourful past – but now he just isn’t sure.

“They’re still talking as they have to think about their two-year-old daughter Beatrice. But the conversations aren’t as amicable as they were.”

"They're just a passing phase, symptoms of the uncertainty of the times and the confusion about us. I hope, when they get older, they'll get a haircut." -- Billy Graham, on the Beatles

Last edited by MonaMe577 : Jun 15, 2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:42 AM   #14
Lynner

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinluv182
It's nice having all of the Heather stuff in one thread, but this is the only bad thing about it, because as we already discussed in the original thread, this article was refuted as a rumor almost as soon as it was reported (on the 7th).
True, but some people must have missed it orignally. Glad you like having the stuff in one place, tho'!

Last edited by Lynner : Jun 15, 2006 at 11:45 AM. Reason: bad typing
Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:56 PM   #15
SandySunshine
Taxman

This is a brilliant idea 'cos all the other threads seemed to end up in the same kinda discussion anyway!!!!!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:20 AM   #16
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

I don't think Heather will have sole custody of Beatrice. That's just a stupid idea- some "journalist" must have been desperate for a story. If that was the case, I know damn well that Paul would fight for Beatrice. He has so so so so many witnesses that would say "Paul's a great father"- starting with accepting Heather (Linda's daughter) as his own. I do believe that Heather and Paul want the best for Beatrice, and I do believe that they both want to be part of Beatrice's life and to protect her.

Ringo just recently said: "I just wish someone would care about little Beatrice because she will grow up and all this will always be there." I happen to agree with him 100%. Don't you think that when she's grown up and sees all this apparent controversy media against her mother, she would be hurt? Of course, I'm on the limbo with Heather's discussion to go sue the media; For one, good for her- she's not the kind to back down and take the beating and on the other hand, it's just fueling the media to continue to beat against her. Of course, I'm more concern about Beatrice than anything else. She's only 2 years old and the life she knew has been torn apart. I feel sorry for any young child that has to go through such thing. Nobody is thinking about her and what this may do to her into the future.

So what about her nude pics? She was a glamour model after all. She's even admitted it, for crying out loud. She did those for a book, magazine, whatever. Sure it's low- but then again, if you show your breast for money, well it's all part of a job, isn't it? As for prostituting- I haven't read those articles, so hopefully someone would reply to me: has there been any John's coming out and admitting that he's paid Heather for some sex? Is there any hard-proof evidence? Is there a security camera showing about it? If there's any evidence that's proven that Heather was a prostitute, then I'll change my opinion.

But I happen to like Heather- whatever she's done in the past, well, nobody's perfect and she has turned her life around by keeping her clothes on and trying to help people who lost their limbs, counseling and comforting them.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:02 PM   #17
sadie
Sun King

Yeah I like what you said just there, i think people are being far too harsh and judgemental, also I wonder what Bea would think if she looked up what his fans have been saying about her mother....

Last edited by sadie : Jun 19, 2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:07 PM   #18
FPSHOT
Sun King

I fully agree...

Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:59 AM   #19
Magill
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantingLennon
Ringo just recently said: "I just wish someone would care about little Beatrice because she will grow up and all this will always be there." I happen to agree with him 100%. Don't you think that when she's grown up and sees all this apparent controversy media against her mother, she would be hurt? Of course, I'm on the limbo with Heather's discussion to go sue the media; For one, good for her- she's not the kind to back down and take the beating and on the other hand, it's just fueling the media to continue to beat against her. Of course, I'm more concern about Beatrice than anything else. She's only 2 years old and the life she knew has been torn apart. I feel sorry for any young child that has to go through such thing. Nobody is thinking about her and what this may do to her into the future.
The hard fact is, she did it. End of story. It may have never come to light had Heather not married a celebrity. Who knows? It may have unsurfaced itself even if she married any ol' John Doe. Heather wanted to be a public figure. Well, this is what comes with it. Like it or not. The fact remains, that we, as normal people, constantly have to pay for mistakes we've made in the past. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. I don't care who you are. Because, no one is perfect. (Believe me. I wish there was an "undo" button in life but, unfortunately, there isn't.) So why should Heather be exempt from having to explain herself? What, because she married Sir Paul McCartney? Look, Paul was publicly humiliated when he was busted for possession in Japan. Ever wonder how his kids felt knowing that both of their parents were potheads? Is the press really to blame for Heather posing for these books? It's too easy to blame the press. The harsh reality is, Heather needs to take accountability for her actions. Like Paul's had to do, many times before. Yes. Beatrice will find out about it someday and ask her Mum why she did it. Agreeably, that will indeed be a sad day for them both. But, that's something that Heather will have to deal with when the time comes. It's for Heather and Bea to worry about. Not anyone else.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 07:52 AM   #20
FPSHOT
Sun King

Exactly, "not anyone else", so...if this is all so bad...then why not just leave it for the family to deal with...

And exactly what does Heather suddenly have to do in terms of "accountability for her actions"? I have seen that here before now from some people...okay so what does she really have to do to get those satisfied who want to see her suffer?

Paul knew about it...and he married her....so who are "we" to come up judging her all of a sudden, don't people deserve changes in their lives?

Closed Thread