BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:23 PM   #61
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

"Ring out the old, ring in the new" seems very a propos.

You've just got to love George. The man had appropriate lines/lyrics for any occasion!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 05:07 PM   #62
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Delight View Post
In some beleif systems, November is the start of the New Year. A great time to 'begin anew' or start a new endeavour.

:)
I'm a practicing witch for over 4 decades and November is our new year. I just wouldn't have thought George would be into that unless it's an English folk custom he enjoys.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 04:28 AM   #63
larainefan
Little Child

My sister, of course, is aware that George passed on in November. Also, once I got into a conversation with her about George being deported from Hamburg in November, and she said a lot of things seemed to happen to him in November.
larainefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:12 AM   #64
SnapDepp
Banned

The Book would great
SnapDepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:07 AM   #65
beatlebangs1964

What a long awaited treat.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Jul 03, 2011, 02:15 AM   #66
larainefan
Little Child

I can't wait! What a beautiful book it will be!!! Looking forward to the long-awaited film too!
larainefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:34 AM   #67
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

that cover is beautiful. It looks like it was from Help. I've got the book on preorder from Amazon where it is cheaper right now which isn't bad. I'm glad it's at least affordable as the last few offers from the Harrison camp were only for the material folks.

This is making me even more excited and so glad I preordered it.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 07:37 AM   #68
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

I've ordered the book there the now and still looking forward to seeing the film when it's released.

www.metaltalk.net for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions
johnnymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:20 PM   #69
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapDepp View Post

The Book would great
George was such a beautiful man.

Symbolic, that water. Water, the source of life
and life forms start out in water.

If this book DOES come out in November, it will
be here in time for Christmas. Think of what the
gift of Olivia and George would mean to so many
people!

Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:25 PM   #70
FPSHOT
Sun King

Good news !!!

HBO has acquired the North American TV rights to the highly anticipated "George Harrison: Living in the Material World," the documentary on the former Beatle produced by famed director Martin Scorsese, it said Wednesday.
The documentary will premiere over over two nights, Oct. 5 and 6, the network said.

The film takes viewers on the musical and spiritual voyage that was George Harrison’s life, much of it told in his own words, HBO said in describing the film. "The result is deeply moving and touches each viewer in unique and individual ways."

Scorsese's film traces Harrison’s life from his musical beginnings in Liverpool through his life as a musician, a seeker, a philanthropist and a filmmaker, weaving together interviews with Harrison and his closest friends, performances, home movies and photographs. Much of the material in the film has never been seen or heard before, HBO said, and "the result is a rare glimpse into the mind and soul of one of the most talented artists of his generation and a profoundly intimate and affecting work of cinema."

It includes interviews with Eric Clapton, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, George Martin, Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono, Tom Petty, Phil Spector, Ringo Starr and Jackie Stewart, who are said to speak honestly and frankly about Harrison’s many talents and contradictions.

“Like so many millions of people, I first came to know George through the music, which was the soundtrack of our world. The Beatles’ music, those beautifully lyrical guitar breaks and solos, those unforgettable songs of George’s like ‘I Me Mine’ or ‘If I Needed Someone,’ and the images, in magazines, on album covers, the TV appearances, the newsreel footage, the Richard Lester movies; and then there was the world after the Beatles, when George and his music seemed to open up and flower," Scorsese said in a statement.

"I will never forget the first time I heard ‘All Things Must Pass,’ the overwhelming feeling of taking in that all glorious music for the first time. It was like walking into a cathedral. George was making spiritually awake music – we all heard and felt it – and I think that was the reason that he came to occupy a very special place in our lives. So when I was offered the chance to make this picture, I jumped at it. Spending time with Olivia, interviewing so many of George’s closest friends, reviewing all that footage, some of it never seen before, and listening to all of that magnificent music – it was a joy, and an experience I’ll always treasure." Noted Olivia Harrison, “Martin Scorsese’s intuition towards George was evident the first time we met to discuss this project. He sensed what George was about: his music, his strong beliefs, his art, his place in the Beatles’ story and his extraordinary life afterwards. Marty’s wonderful film has found all of that and more. I always hoped HBO would be our North American partners because of their respect for artistry. I am doubly happy to be working with their excellent team.”

"George Harrison: Living in the Material World" was produced by Scorsese through his Sikelia Productions banner, Olivia Harrison through her Grove Street Pictures banner and Nigel Sinclair through Exclusive’s documentary label, Spitfire Pictures. Margaret Bodde served as executive producer on the film, which was edited by David Tedeschi, who previously worked with Scorsese, Bodde and Sinclair on “No Direction Home: Bob Dylan,” and with Scorsese and Bodde on “Public Speaking.” Tedeschi also edited Scorsese’s Rolling Stones concert film “Shine a Light.”

Exclusive Films International, the international sales and marketing arm of Exclusive, has the movie rights for the rest of the world outside of the U.S. Scott Pascucci serves as executive producer for Grove Street and is coordinating all aspects of the film’s distribution for Grove Street.

In late September, Abrams Books will publish a companion book, Olivia Harrison’s “George Harrison: Living in the Material World,” a personal archive of photographs, letters, diaries and memorabilia from George’s life that reveals the arc of his life, from his guitar-obsessed boyhood in Liverpool, to the astonishment of the Beatles years, to his days as an independent musician and bohemian squire. The book release is intended to coincide with the release of Scorsese’s film.

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:50 PM   #71
SnapDepp
Banned

A new George Harrison documentary featuring home movies, interviews and never before seen material will make its debut in October on HBO, the cable channel said Wednesday.

Produced by Oscar-winner Martin Scorsese and Harrison’s widow Olivia, “George Harrison: Living in the Material World”, traces the life of the late Beatle from his musical beginnings in Liverpool to his fame with the Fab Four in the 1960s as well as his work as a philanthropist and filmmaker.

Harrison died of lung cancer in 2001 in Los Angeles at the age of 58. Although often referred to as the quiet Beatle, he wrote hit songs like “Here Comes the Sun” and “Something” for The Beatles before playing with the 1980s supergroup, Traveling Wilburys.

The 3-1/2 hour documentary includes interviews with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr as well as Eric Clapton, Yoko Ono, Phil Spector and record producer George Martin, among others. It will air in two parts on HBO on Oct. 5 and 6, and be released in Britain on Oct. 10 on DVD and Blu-Ray through Lionsgate, Lionsgate UK said.

Scorsese, whose music projects include “The Last Waltz” in 1978 about the final concert of The Band, and the Rolling Stones documentary “Shine a light”, said he had long been a fan of Harrison.

“So when I was offered the chance to make this picture, I jumped at it. Spending time with Olivia (Harrison), interviewing so many of George’s closest friends, reviewing all that footage, some of it never seen before, and listening to all of that magnificent music — it was a joy, and an experience I’ll always treasure,” Scorsese said in a statement.

A book accompanying the documentary will be published in late September featuring photos, letters, diaries and other memorabilia from the personal archives of Olivia and George Harrison.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:51 PM   #72
SnapDepp
Banned

A new George Harrison documentary featuring home movies, interviews and never before seen material will make its debut in October on HBO, the cable channel said Wednesday.

Produced by Oscar-winner Martin Scorsese and Harrison’s widow Olivia, “George Harrison: Living in the Material World”, traces the life of the late Beatle from his musical beginnings in Liverpool to his fame with the Fab Four in the 1960s as well as his work as a philanthropist and filmmaker.

Harrison died of lung cancer in 2001 in Los Angeles at the age of 58. Although often referred to as the quiet Beatle, he wrote hit songs like “Here Comes the Sun” and “Something” for The Beatles before playing with the 1980s supergroup, Traveling Wilburys.

The 3-1/2 hour documentary includes interviews with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr as well as Eric Clapton, Yoko Ono, Phil Spector and record producer George Martin, among others. It will air in two parts on HBO on Oct. 5 and 6, and be released in Britain on Oct. 10 on DVD and Blu-Ray through Lionsgate, Lionsgate UK said.

Scorsese, whose music projects include “The Last Waltz” in 1978 about the final concert of The Band, and the Rolling Stones documentary “Shine a light”, said he had long been a fan of Harrison.

“So when I was offered the chance to make this picture, I jumped at it. Spending time with Olivia (Harrison), interviewing so many of George’s closest friends, reviewing all that footage, some of it never seen before, and listening to all of that magnificent music — it was a joy, and an experience I’ll always treasure,” Scorsese said in a statement.

A book accompanying the documentary will be published in late September featuring photos, letters, diaries and other memorabilia from the personal archives of Olivia and George Harrison.

Last edited by SnapDepp : Jul 14, 2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:18 AM   #73
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

I've just got them email about this myself. Looking forward to seeing the film and I've pre-ordered the book already.

www.metaltalk.net for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions
johnnymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:09 AM   #74
AeolianCadence
Wild Honey Pie

I squealed like a schoolgirl when that lovely poster came up in my FB news feed this morning. It will be close enough to my birthday that I'm considering it a present. : )
AeolianCadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:23 AM   #75
beatlebangs1964

George IS a gift. One that keeps giving.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jul 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:26 PM   #76
FPSHOT
Sun King

ok back to topic please

There seems so be an official message on the GH website but due to heavy traffic it is temporary offline.

George Harrison's official website announced Thursday that Lionsgate UK will be releasing the documentary "George Harrison: Living in the Material World" on DVD in that country on Oct. 10, a Monday.

No U.S. date information is yet available. New American DVD releases generally hit the shelves on Tuesdays, making Oct. 11 a possible U.S. release date.

There's more: The film will be offered in three editions. Besides the usual DVD and Blu-ray/DVD combo, there will also be a DVD / Blu-Ray Deluxe Edition. This will include "an exclusive CD" of previously unheard tracks from George Harrison, and also a book of photography to accompany the film. No price was announced.

The possibility of unreleased Harrison tracks has been buzzing among fans ever since the film was initially announced.

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:14 PM   #77
beatlebangs1964

Thanks for keeping us up to speed. I am so glad it will be released in "accessible" form for people outside the UK

Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:15 PM   #78
Unknown Delight
Nowhere Man

-

Am i the only one dissapointed in the recent news?

All this time i was under the impression this was a film to be released in cinemas..not television.

I find it a little bit of a let down...but a friendly poster on another forum noted that having it released on tv allows for a much longer running time. Your typical documentary film shown in a cinema tends to be shorter then the plannned run time for the GH program.

Still...i was really expecting this to be shown in theatres. I was looking forward to hearing all that great music in a cinema setting.

Oh well.....

www.youtube.com/user/pizzatimeplayer
Unknown Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:32 PM   #79
Unknown Delight
Nowhere Man

-

I am dissapointed that it has come to light this highly anticipated documentary is NOT being released in cinemas...but only on television.

All this time i was under the impression it was to be released on the big screen. Perhaps they could not find a film studio to foot the bill for such a release, or were tempted by the more immediate profits of a quick cable tv release?

It is a bit of a letdown for me.
However, a kind poster on another forum pointed it out to me that in the end it is a positive thing it is going to television. This will enable the documentary to be much greater in length, as a standard film release would probably only be 2 hours.

Stilll..i was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen...with that wonderful music enveloping me.

Oh well....

www.youtube.com/user/pizzatimeplayer

Last edited by Unknown Delight : Jul 14, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Unknown Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:46 PM   #80
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default HBO has acquired the North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary

Another article about the documentary.

Scene and Heard
July 15, 2011
HBO DOCUMENTARY FILMS SECURES NORTH AMERICAN TV RIGHTS TO MARTIN SCORSESE’S DOCUMENTARY GEORGE HARRISON: LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD FROM GROVE STREET, SPITFIRE PICTURES AND SIKELIA

HBO has acquired the North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s GEORGE HARRISON: LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD from Grove Street Pictures. The film was produced by Scorsese (through his Sikelia Productions banner), Olivia Harrison (through her Grove Street Pictures banner) and Nigel Sinclair (through Exclusive’s documentary label, Spitfire Pictures). Margaret Bodde served as executive producer on the film, which was edited by David Tedeschi, who previously worked with Scorsese, Bodde and Sinclair on “No Direction Home:* Bob Dylan,” and with Scorsese and Bodde on “Public Speaking.” Tedeschi also edited Scorsese’s Rolling Stones concert film “Shine a Light.”* The documentary will debut in two parts – on Oct. 5 and 6, 2011 – exclusively on HBO.

http://sceneandheardblog.wordpress.c...s-and-sikelia/

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Jul 14, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote