BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Closed Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 03:40 AM   #41
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny Lover Send a message via AIM to Johnny Lover Send a message via MSN to Johnny Lover Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Lover Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Lover
Default Re: Fan Fics

Quote:
Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By beatlegirl9977:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
Is "Like Dreamers Do" a John fic? Well, I mean, I know Paul's the main character and all, but John's on the front page picture too...
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Oh yeah, both John AND Paul gals will appreciate the story, trust me... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Hoo-hah, you ain't kiddin', Tina!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Man, those scenes with John...just about singed the pages outta my hands when I read 'em! Yowza! [img]graemlins/psycho.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Hehe. Can't wait to get to the John parts then...
Old Nov 17, 2003, 03:41 AM   #42
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny Lover Send a message via AIM to Johnny Lover Send a message via MSN to Johnny Lover Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Lover Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Lover

I'm only on chapter 10... (still reading in the morning while my parents are asleep)
Old Nov 17, 2003, 06:19 AM   #43
ShowTunes
Wild Honey Pie

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice words about Strings! I'm sorry I haven't updated it in a while; I always seem to get major-league writer's block in the same darn chapter. What this has resulted in, actually, is that I've split the book into two segments and am currently sending the first (finished) segment around to agents in the faint hope someone will want to publish it, thus stimulating me to finally finish the crummy thing. (FYI, the first segment consists of Movements One and Two and is called "With Strings Attached: The Fabulous Four." The second will consist of Movements Three and the as-yet unwritten Four and will be called "WSA: The Big Pink Job." Also FYI, there have been some minor but important changes made in the story--nothing very noticeable, but hopefully it's been improved slightly.) I'll certainly let everyone know if I hear any positive news about this.

It's likely that if I don't get someone to represent or publish it, I'll self-publish the first half, hopefully early next year to take advantage of the 40th anniversary of the Ed Sullivan appearance.

As for the old version on the GeoCities site, I wish it would vanish away, as that version is not one I want on the web--for one thing, it's impossible to change my email addy on it, as the guy who ran the site is LONG gone--but for some reason it's been kept on all these years. I've tried to get GeoCities to remove it, but it's all but impossible to contact a real human being about such things. Sigh.

Aviva
Old Nov 17, 2003, 07:28 AM   #44
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Ok, I just spent an entire weekend of depression reading "Like Dreamers Do", and let me tell you all, I was TGHIS CLOSE to buying myself a rubber dummy. Made my imagination run rampant!!!! Paul... yummmeeee...
Great stuff, this was!!! I love reading and writing erotica in romance fics, but this one has become one of my fave stories next to "Into my life". Briliant!!!
Old Nov 17, 2003, 01:33 PM   #45
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Originally Posted By Cream Tangerine:
Ok, I just spent an entire weekend of depression reading "Like Dreamers Do", and let me tell you all, I was TGHIS CLOSE to buying myself a rubber dummy. Made my imagination run rampant!!!! Paul... yummmeeee...
Great stuff, this was!!! I love reading and writing erotica in romance fics, but this one has become one of my fave stories next to "Into my life". Briliant!!!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yeah, that story is pretty hot stuff! [img]graemlins/eyebrows.gif[/img] I have to admit a certain partiality to the scenes with Bailey and John...not that the ones with Paul are not wonderful, mind you, but those are just INCENDIARY! I have been reduced to puddles reading that story on many occasions! Whew!
Old Nov 17, 2003, 03:23 PM   #46
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Oh boy, I'm really going to have to get going on reading this fic, I've got to find out what it's all about!
Old Nov 17, 2003, 05:52 PM   #47
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted By DizzymissLizzy909:
Oh boy, I'm really going to have to get going on reading this fic, I've got to find out what it's all about!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Same here! I'm just on chapter 13 now... Didn't have much time to read it in the past few hours, lol.

[size="1"][ Nov 17, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message Edited By: Johnny Lover ][/size]
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:04 PM   #48
laura
Day Tripper

Hmmm...I got to Part 2 of "Like Dreamers Do," where they're older, but I stopped reading months ago. Maybe it's just me, but after a while the sex scenes just get a bit repetitive. It's not bad at all, just a little long.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:09 PM   #49
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted By laura:
Hmmm...I got to Part 2 of "Like Dreamers Do," where they're older, but I stopped reading months ago. Maybe it's just me, but after a while the sex scenes just get a bit repetitive. It's not bad at all, just a little long.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yeah, I've never finished the entire saga, either. I think I made it up to about Chapter 25 or so and pretty much faded out on it after that. It's still a very very good read, though! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old Nov 18, 2003, 03:59 AM   #50
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlegirl9977:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By laura:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yeah, I've never finished the entire saga, either. I think I made it up to about Chapter 25 or so and pretty much faded out on it after that. It's still a very very good read, though! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Well, yes...I gave it up after a few chapters of the "older" part...but the first part, where they are young? A rollicking good read! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old Nov 18, 2003, 08:55 AM   #51
Sarandipity
Dr. Robert

Okay... I've gotta go to class in like 10 minutes... Haha. But I've got a 3 hour break after that, and it looks like I'll be spending that entire time starting 'Like Dreamers Do.' I've been having a craving to read fanfic for quite some time.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 05:19 PM   #52
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

In addition to sterling, high caliber fan fic, there are some EXCELLENT articles on Rooftop Sessions. Aviva wrote an exceptional piece entitled "My Sweet Lawsuit" in re plagiarism. I had someone read it and I've recommended it to other people and each one of them came back raving about how wonderful the magazine is and the article in question.

Every month I look forward to the next issue.

For the November issue, I love the period piece about George in Medieval times. That was a BRILLIANT story! [img]graemlins/thumbsup2.gif[/img] Beth Shorten provided a nice bonus treat with a sequel to her original story about the McCartneys - keep it up, folks! I love it! [img]graemlins/thumbsup2.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Nov 18, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message Edited By: beatlebangs1964 ][/size]
Old Nov 26, 2003, 06:50 PM   #53
MissusLennon
Dr. Robert

My absolute favourite fic is the "Perchance..." series by Lena King. I can't wait for the next installment, I've read the whole thing up to this point twice so far and I'm itching for more!

Second place goes to "Impressions" by C.A. Jones, although the ending kind of disappointed me. It is still a fantastic read, in fact, I'm planning to re-reading it soon!!
Old Dec 16, 2003, 05:51 PM   #54
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

I'm still reading LDD.... (Chapter 30 something of part 2)It's gotten pretty boring and repetitive and I don't really feel like reading it anymore... (no John parts for a while. those are the best! hehe. Part I was just WOW !)
Anyhoo... Has anyone read "A Dark And Snowy Nite"? I read it last year and forgot about it completely until now. It was voted somewhere as one of the top 10 fanfics (don't remember what number it got), but I personally didn't really enjoy it... Cuz I mean, the girl finds Paul unconscious in front of her house and she takes him in and takes care of him. Then he wakes up and they start talking and all as if they'd known each other for ages, when they've just met! And she's not even nervous of excited or shy or whatever. And she calls him "baby".... AND THEY JUST MET!!! I forced myself to finish reading it, and I don't even want to THINK about reading Part II or III. It's not a bad story or anything, I just don't really like the way it was written... And I guess the fact that I'm tired of Paul-related-fanfics might contribute to why I don't like it as well.
Just my two cents...
But why must ALL fanfics be about Paul?

[size="1"][ Dec 16, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message Edited By: Johnny Lover ][/size]
Old Dec 16, 2003, 05:53 PM   #55
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted By Sarandipity:
Okay... I've gotta go to class in like 10 minutes... Haha. But I've got a 3 hour break after that, and it looks like I'll be spending that entire time starting 'Like Dreamers Do.' I've been having a craving to read fanfic for quite some time.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Have you started LDD yet, Sarandipity? What do you think of it?

[size="1"][ Dec 16, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message Edited By: Johnny Lover ][/size]
Old Dec 17, 2003, 03:18 AM   #56
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
I'm still reading LDD.... (Chapter 30 something of part 2)It's gotten pretty boring and repetitive and I don't really feel like reading it anymore... (no John parts for a while. those are the best! hehe. Part I was just WOW !)
Anyhoo... Has anyone read "A Dark And Snowy Nite"? I read it last year and forgot about it completely until now. It was voted somewhere as one of the top 10 fanfics (don't remember what number it got), but I personally didn't really enjoy it... Cuz I mean, the girl finds Paul unconscious in front of her house and she takes him in and takes care of him. Then he wakes up and they start talking and all as if they'd known each other for ages, when they've just met! And she's not even nervous of excited or shy or whatever. And she calls him "baby".... AND THEY JUST MET!!! I forced myself to finish reading it, and I don't even want to THINK about reading Part II or III. It's not a bad story or anything, I just don't really like the way it was written... And I guess the fact that I'm tired of Paul-related-fanfics might contribute to why I don't like it as well.
Just my two cents...
But why must ALL fanfics be about Paul?
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">The "girl" in Dark and Snowy Nite isn't a GIRL, actually, she's a woman in her late 40s-early 50s. That probably explains a lot about her actions and the way she speaks -- she's been a Paul fan forever, and when she finds him in front her her house in the snow and takes him in so he doesn't freeze to death, she takes care of him. I personally liked that story when I read it because it's NOT about Paul and some chick 30 years younger than him, it's about a woman of a "certain age" who has some substance behind her. (Maybe that's because I'm closer to that "certain age" myself [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) But that's my opinion, and to each his own, I guess... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(I do agree, though, that there are WAY more fics about Paul than about the others -- I don't know why that is, exactly. Though in the Rooftop archives I have plenty of John, George and Ringo stories, and if you are so inclined, you could always write one too, y'know! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

[size="1"][ Dec 17, 2003, 04:21 AM: Message Edited By: HMVNipper ][/size]
Old Dec 17, 2003, 05:25 AM   #57
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I haven't gotten to part 2 yet, I'm still somewhere on part one, and I know what you mean! Part 1 is awesome! Although the sex scenes are *already* getting a little repetitive, the actual story is great. I'm not sure if I'm going to get right to the end of part 2, though...
Old Dec 18, 2003, 07:14 AM   #58
LadyMadonna9698
Nowhere Man

I'm on my way over to finish reading
"Like Dreamers Do"....oh my!
(blushing!)

Thanks for posting the link! [img]graemlins/wink2.gif[/img]
This FanFic stuff is really new to me, enjoying it very much--RTS is a great site too, lots of quick reads....

[size="1"][ Dec 18, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message Edited By: LadyMadonna9698 ][/size]
Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:56 AM   #59
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By LadyMadonna9698:
I'm on my way over to finish reading
"Like Dreamers Do"....oh my!
(blushing!)

Thanks for posting the link! [img]graemlins/wink2.gif[/img]
This FanFic stuff is really new to me, enjoying it very much--RTS is a great site too, lots of quick reads....
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I'm so glad you enjoy Rooftop Sessions, LadyMadonna! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I hope you checked out the archives as well as the current issue, because there's a TON of good stuff in there...

The new issue should be up on New Year's Day or thereabouts. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old Dec 18, 2003, 01:11 PM   #60
LadyMadonna9698
Nowhere Man

Thanks, actually I haven't made it that far yet--But I will check out the archives and read the new ones too, definately have found a new pastime here--hee hee! [img]graemlins/wink1.gif[/img]
Closed Thread