BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Closed Thread

Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:05 AM   #21
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny Lover Send a message via AIM to Johnny Lover Send a message via MSN to Johnny Lover Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Lover Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Lover
Default Re: Fan Fics

Quote:
Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
Thanks for the Rooftop Sessions plugs, JL...I appreciate it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's always nice to hear that people enjoy what I do on my site!

Re unfinished fics -- well, I can tell you that EVERY SINGLE FANFIC on Rooftop Sessions is finished, I won't accept a story unless I have the WHOLE THING in my hands. I do serialize stories, and I do run complete stories where sequels or further stories come later, but every single story on Rooftop is a complete story arc at the time that I begin to run it. I do not believe in leaving people hanging with unfinished stories -- serializing is one thing, but to have to wait for an author to finish writing something when it's already begun to be posted...no way. I don't think that's fair to the reader.

There are a TON of John fics on Rooftop Sessions, too, since you were talking about how it's hard to find them sometimes -- have you read any of Angel Godiva's stories? Or Lena King's? (I know the first story "Perchance to Meet" says something about Ringo in the blurb...but trust me, it's a John fic... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

I can also highly recommend "Hamburg Daze" by Cheryl Mortensen (a George fic, but my God, a masterpiece!), "Revolution," by Cheryl Mortensen and Jim Ryan, and "Impressions" by C.A. Jones. (That's an early days story -- takes place before the Beatles were famous, still in their leather days...) All of these stories are in the Rooftop Sessions archives, listed by author. We also have a lot of George and Ringo fics in addition to the requisite Paul stories! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway...I want to thank you again for your kind words about my site!! And if you do read any of the stories I mentioned above, let the authors know how you like them -- I always encourage people to give feedback, because it is so important to writers to hear that people enjoy their work! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">You're welcome! Rooftop Sessions really IS awesome! I read all the stories in the archive in less than a week (lol)! And I emailed, like, every one of the authors! Those stories are so awesome.
By "Unfinished" I guess I meant, like, the John and Mary thing... It's not unfinished, but,... you know?
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:09 AM   #22
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny Lover Send a message via AIM to Johnny Lover Send a message via MSN to Johnny Lover Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Lover Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted By DizzymissLizzy909:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:

Unfinished: (if the authors of these are on beatlelinks, could you PLEASE hurry up and finish these stories? Some haven't been updated in years! It's torture waiting do long to finish reading!!!
[url=http://www.rationalmagic.com/Strings/Strings.html]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I do know this one is written by our fellow Linker ShowTunes... so if you're getting impatient for her to finish it, drop her a line!
And wow, what a list JL, thank you! It may take years to get through them, but I will try to read every fanfic you suggested. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Already emailed her. But I guess it might take a while for an update... She's been working on the story for 23 years!
hehe. You're welcome for the list... Half of the stuff from "tripod.com" have showed "temporarily unavailable" for the past month or so, so I'm guessing they were taken off the web.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:18 AM   #23
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Hey, did you guys know there's another version of "With Strings Attached"? It's at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6954/Aviva.html ...
I didn't read it yet, so I'm gonna start now...
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:23 AM   #24
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

I was looking for "Like Dreamers Do", and found out that the site has discontinued it's free hosting service... Is it on any site other than dencity.com?
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:33 AM   #25
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Ooh! I just remembered another great one!!! And once again I don't remember the title.... I might have already mentioned it, though... Anyroad, It starts off in 1980 (or so) and Paul is incredibly sick and goes to John's house. He faints and when he wakes up he doesn't remember how or why he got there. Then it's the 1960's and it was all a dream, but Paul is still sick and knows that he's supoosed to know who "Linda" "Yoko" and "Sean" are from his dream. Paul is really really sick and lots of weird things are happening to him... I don't remember the rest of the story. Either because it wasn't good or because I'm just going insane (I'd put my money on the latter).
I'm so addicted to fanfics I spent hours a day reading them until my dad grounded me from the internet. So then I woke up every morning at 4AM while everyone was asleep just to read!
"Into My Life" was so great I read it 3 times... I especially liked the parts with John. I love fics with a twist that include him!
Oh, no, I'm getting carried away again...
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:41 AM   #26
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
I was looking for "Like Dreamers Do", and found out that the site has discontinued it's free hosting service... Is it on any site other than dencity.com?
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I don't think so... I was looking for that one several months ago, but I think it seemed to be only on that site. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old Nov 16, 2003, 07:04 AM   #27
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Wow, "The Movemenet You Need" was fab, SF4-EVER! You're an awesome writer! (And, as I mentioned before, "Lennon's Line" Rules!!!)
Old Nov 16, 2003, 07:31 AM   #28
SF4-EVER

Quote:
Wow, "The Movemenet You Need" was fab, SF4-EVER! You're an awesome writer! (And, as I mentioned before, "Lennon's Line" Rules!!!)
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Thanks, Johnny Lover! [img]graemlins/blush1.gif[/img] *I always like hearing back from readers.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:07 PM   #29
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted By DizzymissLizzy909:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I don't think so... I was looking for that one several months ago, but I think it seemed to be only on that site. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">This is the most recent link I have for the story (and, as of today, at least, it's there):
http://www.likedreamersdo.batcave.net/main.html

Enjoy!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:23 PM   #30
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlegirl9977:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By DizzymissLizzy909:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I don't think so... I was looking for that one several months ago, but I think it seemed to be only on that site. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">This is the most recent link I have for the story (and, as of today, at least, it's there):
http://www.likedreamersdo.batcave.net/main.html

Enjoy!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">*gasp* No way!! Thank you thank you Tina! I've heard from two of my friends In My Life and Like Dreamers Do are two of best fan fics out there.

Oh boy, I have quite a bit of reading to catch up on! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:33 PM   #31
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I've also heard that "Like Dreamers Do" is the best fanfic out there, but thought I couldn't read it! THANK YOU!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:44 PM   #32
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

I just finished reading "A Hard Midsummer's Night"... Another great story by SF4-EVER!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:57 PM   #33
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Is "Like Dreamers Do" a John fic? Well, I mean, I know Paul's the main character and all, but John's on the front page picture too...
Old Nov 16, 2003, 02:03 PM   #34
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Is "Like Dreamers Do" a John fic? Well, I mean, I know Paul's the main character and all, but John's on the front page picture too...
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Oh yeah, both John AND Paul gals will appreciate the story, trust me... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old Nov 16, 2003, 02:13 PM   #35
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

YAY!!!! GO JOHN!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 04:17 PM   #36
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Hey, did you guys know there's another version of "With Strings Attached"? It's at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6954/Aviva.html ...
I didn't read it yet, so I'm gonna start now...
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">That's the OLD version -- it's very different from the one on Rational Magic...in fact, Aviva WISHES Geocities would take the page down, it hasn't been updated in YEARS...but it still persists...
Old Nov 16, 2003, 04:20 PM   #37
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I've also heard that "Like Dreamers Do" is the best fanfic out there, but thought I couldn't read it! THANK YOU!!!!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">"Like Dreamers Do" is probably one of the best-written pieces of Beatles erotica I've ever read...QUITE adult, but oh my goodness....*fans self vigorously*

Thanks for the updated link on that, Tina! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old Nov 16, 2003, 04:22 PM   #38
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlegirl9977:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Oh yeah, both John AND Paul gals will appreciate the story, trust me... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Hoo-hah, you ain't kiddin', Tina!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Man, those scenes with John...just about singed the pages outta my hands when I read 'em! Yowza! [img]graemlins/psycho.gif[/img]
Old Nov 16, 2003, 04:27 PM   #39
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
Thanks for the Rooftop Sessions plugs, JL...I appreciate it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's always nice to hear that people enjoy what I do on my site!

Re unfinished fics -- well, I can tell you that EVERY SINGLE FANFIC on Rooftop Sessions is finished, I won't accept a story unless I have the WHOLE THING in my hands. I do serialize stories, and I do run complete stories where sequels or further stories come later, but every single story on Rooftop is a complete story arc at the time that I begin to run it. I do not believe in leaving people hanging with unfinished stories -- serializing is one thing, but to have to wait for an author to finish writing something when it's already begun to be posted...no way. I don't think that's fair to the reader.

There are a TON of John fics on Rooftop Sessions, too, since you were talking about how it's hard to find them sometimes -- have you read any of Angel Godiva's stories? Or Lena King's? (I know the first story "Perchance to Meet" says something about Ringo in the blurb...but trust me, it's a John fic... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

I can also highly recommend "Hamburg Daze" by Cheryl Mortensen (a George fic, but my God, a masterpiece!), "Revolution," by Cheryl Mortensen and Jim Ryan, and "Impressions" by C.A. Jones. (That's an early days story -- takes place before the Beatles were famous, still in their leather days...) All of these stories are in the Rooftop Sessions archives, listed by author. We also have a lot of George and Ringo fics in addition to the requisite Paul stories! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway...I want to thank you again for your kind words about my site!! And if you do read any of the stories I mentioned above, let the authors know how you like them -- I always encourage people to give feedback, because it is so important to writers to hear that people enjoy their work! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">You're welcome! Rooftop Sessions really IS awesome! I read all the stories in the archive in less than a week (lol)! And I emailed, like, every one of the authors! Those stories are so awesome.
By "Unfinished" I guess I meant, like, the John and Mary thing... It's not unfinished, but,... you know?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Well, I have more of John and Mary...enough for several months, actually. But I can only run so much at one time -- I have to serialize things, otherwise the pages crash the server! Same with Lena King's stories...as long as a story is complete in itself (e.g., one complete story arc), even if there's more to come eventually and it SEEMS like stuff is being left "hanging," it's not really. I would never leave readers hanging indefinitely -- so even if sequels come much later, the stories in themselves are always finished before I start running them.

I agree with you, though -- it is beyond aggravating when you start reading something promising that only has a chapter or two and then it is never completed.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:57 PM   #40
SF4-EVER

Quote:
I just finished reading "A Hard Midsummer's Night"... Another great story by SF4-EVER!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Glad you liked that one too, Johnny Lover.
Closed Thread