BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Not Only A Northern Song

Old Feb 03, 2005, 06:24 PM   #1
Beatle_soul
Dr. Robert

Default worst music in history.....

K-tell Mini pop kids (only one of them can sing nice but there music is so cheesy

Britany spears!

and stay faaaarr away from ashley simpson! lip syncer!~

yoko ono's singing sounds like a cat caught in an electric fence filled with helium

backstreet boys and nsync are the most commen.........
Beatle_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Sally
Sgt. Pepper

Default Re: worst music in history.....

Dire Straights, Celine Dion, Cliff Richard, Phil Collins to name but a few, bland bland bland they are.
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 12:07 PM   #3
Sally
Sgt. Pepper

[ QUOTE ]
Beatle_soul Posted:
K-tell Mini pop kids (only one of them can sing nice but there music is so cheesy

Britany spears!

and stay faaaarr away from ashley simpson! lip syncer!~

yoko ono's singing sounds like a cat caught in an electric fence filled with helium

backstreet boys and nsync are the most commen.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Yoko it cool! But the half the world love Dire Straights and I don't so who am I to say?
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 01:07 PM   #4
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

"The Name Game" by Shirley Ellis. I truly, intensely, passionately HATE this stupid word salad and I would NEVER wish it on my worst enemy. Stupid crap like that makes Titney sound good.

I also intensely hate Dean Martin's "Everybody loves somebody sometime" and wouldn't even wish that one on Charles Manson!
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 04:03 PM   #5
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

Eminem and any hip hop singer related.
Cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 04:16 PM   #6
luvsthebeatles
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to luvsthebeatles Send a message via Yahoo to luvsthebeatles

[ QUOTE ]
Cecilia Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]
You got that right!
luvsthebeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 06:12 PM   #7
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I have no idea what the world's worst music is. If I don't like it, I just don't pay attention to it. I don't have the time or inclination to expend energy hating music that doesn't appeal to me.
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 06:24 PM   #8
Celebrian
Bulldog

If I do not like it, I ignore it. Yet, there was this one station in town I used to love, but it had this tendency to play Foreigner ALL THE TIME. I despise Foreigner!! Always have....
Celebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2005, 08:55 PM   #9
Lynner

Someone's least fave is someone's most fave. I actually get a big kick out of teaching "the name game" to kids. It helps them work with rhymes. (And you should never use the name 'Chuck' when singing it. )
Can tell you some artists I don't esp. care for, but usually just don't pay attention, so couldn't tell you too many song titles.
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2005, 03:01 AM   #10
chaitanya
Sgt. Pepper

[ QUOTE ]
Rellevart Posted:
I have no idea what the world's worst music is. If I don't like it, I just don't pay attention to it. I don't have the time or inclination to expend energy hating music that doesn't appeal to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here

Anyway Mark Knopfler is a GREAT guitarist,don't mind if you like or not,simply he is.
chaitanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2005, 06:22 AM   #11
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
Cecilia Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I generally don't listen to most of today's music. It just doesn't appeal to me, so I don't bother to listen to it. But sometimes someone will play it at school, such as bringing a CD to class to play when we're working, so I'm forced to hear it then.
DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2005, 06:26 AM   #12
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

- Girl/boy bands, ex Backstreet Boys, N*sync, Spice Girls, etc etc.

- 90's music. Some of my friends were singing at our lunch table the other day, and said they were going to bring the 90's back. I told them it was bad enough the 90's had to exist in the first place, we certainly don't need to hear it again!

- really heavy rock. Ugh.

- anything by Kenny G.
DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2005, 09:16 AM   #13
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

[ QUOTE ]
Lynner Posted:
I actually get a big kick out of teaching "the name game" to kids. It helps them work with rhymes. (And you should never use the name 'Chuck' when singing it. )

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom did that once when she was little, singing it to her mom and grandma!
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2005, 09:32 AM   #14
Apple Scruff
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
Cecilia Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Eminem. And I like a lot of different hip-hop artists. Just because it isn't your bag doesn't mean it should be qualified as "worst music in history."

I kind of have a problem here. I see how people may put Britney and the boy bands in...but are these people's music really bad or do you just not like them because they aren't what you'd consider "real artists?" I don't listen to them at all, but I happen to work with many children and they adore people like Hilary Duff, Justin Timber, and all these other people. I don't want to have the attitide where I'm like, "Well children, your taste in music sucks." I want to be more open-minded. I don't know.

However, I will admit that Britney Spears is simply intolerable by me, as well as Jessica Simpson and NSync and others mentioned (Celine Dion). But I'm not sure my attitude is "worst music ever." I just don't listen to them.

Sorry for somewhat bringing this topic in a diff. direction, but I just felt like saying what I feel on the matter.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2005, 03:41 PM   #15
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

[ QUOTE ]
Apple Scruff Posted:
I like Eminem. And I like a lot of different hip-hop artists. Just because it isn't your bag doesn't mean it should be qualified as "worst music in history."

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the worst music in history to *me*. And that's this topic about. You can give your own opinion about what is the worst music to you. Music is a such subjective matter that if we all start to think what other people may like or not, we better stop giving our own opinions about any singer.

[ QUOTE ]
Apple Scruff Posted: I don't listen to them at all, but I happen to work with many children and they adore people like Hilary Duff, Justin Timber, and all these other people. I don't want to have the attitide where I'm like, "Well children, your taste in music sucks." I want to be more open-minded. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about that. A close-minded would be someone that it doesn't even bother to listen any other music type, because "all the modern music sucks". I've listened hip hop and Eminem, and I think I have my right to say that I think is the worst music ever. It may not to you, but you have your own taste. And yeah, you won't say "your music sucks" to all those kids, because it would be out of context. A music forum or a discussion with friends would be the right moment...like this topic.

[ QUOTE ]
Apple Scruff Posted:However, I will admit that Britney Spears is simply intolerable by me, as well as Jessica Simpson and NSync and others mentioned (Celine Dion)

[/ QUOTE ]

As Eminem and hip hop is to me. See? We all have different opinions.
Old Feb 05, 2005, 03:53 PM   #16
justanothergirl
Taxman

Send a message via Yahoo to justanothergirl

I don't care much for todays music. I don't know any of it really, exept for country and that I like but I have heard some rap and heavy metal and frankly it was pretty scary...
justanothergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2005, 09:05 PM   #17
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

[ QUOTE ]
DizzymissLizzy909 Posted:
- Girl/boy bands, ex Backstreet Boys, N*sync, Spice Girls, etc etc.

- 90's music. Some of my friends were singing at our lunch table the other day, and said they were going to bring the 90's back. I told them it was bad enough the 90's had to exist in the first place, we certainly don't need to hear it again!

- really heavy rock. Ugh.

- anything by Kenny G.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Add caplypso, disco, doo wop, rap and heavy metal and reggae to the list for me. I hate reggae. I don't care for the girl/boy bands either.

I hate "Be Kind to Your Parents" and "Bushel & a Peck" and find them dreadful songs.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2005, 09:28 AM   #18
IWantToTellYou
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to IWantToTellYou

[ QUOTE ]
Beatle_soul Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! I used to lurve them when I was young! I hate to admit that, but hey, I was maybe 5 or 6. What did I know?

I agree that I do not like hip hop. In fact I do not listen to any music from "my" time. '80s & '90s have no place in my vast music collection.

I mostly only listen to '60s & '70s music. Not all music from those decades were good either...Disco anyone?

IWantToTellYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2005, 09:29 AM   #19
Apple Scruff
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
Cecilia Posted:

It is the worst music in history to *me*. And that's this topic about. You can give your own opinion about what is the worst music to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the topic as more general, as it's titled "Worst music in history" not "Worst music to me." If you felt offended that I happened to quote what you wrote and went with it, I'll have to say that wasn't my intention, although I admit, yes, I get put off is someone labels a whole genre of music as "worst music in history"-- but that isn't the point. You are correct, all music is subjective and we have the rights to our opinions. I stand by mine, you stand by yours. I apologize if you were offended in any way.And I think we can move on from that.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2005, 09:36 AM   #20
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

[ QUOTE ]
Apple Scruff Posted:
I apologize if you were offended in any way.And I think we can move on from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just clarifying my point of view. No offense taken