BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Come Together

Old Nov 24, 2003, 02:54 PM   #1
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

Default "Halbut Returb" (Or...BeatleChick comes back--from the fires!!!)

Hello all!!! Oh---I have missed this place SO much!!!

Where have I been, and why was I away....?

Well....things got a little busy with school and family, so I hadn't able to post all that often for that reason, and then....right before Halloween....

THE FIRES HIT!!!

I live in the area that was the hardest hit by the Cedar Fire out here in California. I live in little old Harbison Canyon (that "funky hippy community", as we call ourselves). I have lived in "Harbo" for the passed 18 years. Wow...got the evacuation warning early in the morning (right in the middle of the Sunday morning Beatles radio show), and left immediatly (we went to my grandfather's and stayed there for a few days). A few days after the fire swept through Harbo, we got news from a neighbor about the status of our home. She said that everything on our street was gone! Totally destoyed! That is...except for our home! It is one of 2 still standing on our street! Just amazing! Especially considering that there are only about 100 homes out of 400 and some, remaining in Harbo. We are so lucky, but the sad thing is that all of my close friends (including the one that let us know that our house was alright) have lost their homes. Just about everything that I have known since the age of 4 is gone! It's really sad. Anyway....we have been very busy helping friends and neighbors out, and working down at the relief center that was set up (by my older brother--who has given all of his time and energy to helping people get what they need and getting outside assistance for our little area--he is one of few--if not the only--person who spends every moment of his time there--day and night--helping out...he's a real hero) in the park just down the street. Things have been so busy (helping people get their lives started up again, trying to deal with everything emotionally ourselves, oh yes--and must not forget having all those politicians "gracing us with their presence" for about a week there) that I just haven't been able to be on the board for a while (please forgive me!) But...now things are settling down a bit, so I can start hanging out here again (yea!!!) So...that is the reason for my LONG absecne! If you guys want to see some photos of "Harbo" (there's also a place to donate on the site, if you wish--but no pressure), there's a website set up:
http://www.harbisoncanyonrelieffund.org
Check it out! (BTW, the guy in the red shirt and army slacks in many of the photos--such as "food break", and "break time"--those oh so rare breaks he has--is my older brother--who not so long ago got out of the army and came home! Oh, and "burned auto" is right across the street from our house.)

Anyway...that's where I was, but now I've "returbed"!!!! Yea!!!!

Oh--and I'd like to say a big Hello to all who have joined the board during my abscence, and happy birthday to all who had one that I missed!!!!
BeatleChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2003, 03:09 PM   #2
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Default Re: "Halbut Returb" (Or...BeatleChick comes back--from the fires!!!)

Welcome back! I'm glad you are well and your home is still standing. My heart and prayers go out to all the others still fighting to get back to a 'normal' life.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 05:29 AM   #3
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Welcome back, BeatleChick! Glad to hear you and your house were saved from the fires, but my heart goes out to all those whose homes were burned down.
DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:46 PM   #4
shonatinik
Rocky Raccoon

Welcome back, good to see you and your home are ok. My thoughts and prayers go out to all your neighbours and friends. I would like to say big well done to your brother too, i am sure he has been an angel to all those poor families. take care s x
shonatinik is offline   Reply With Quote