BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Aug 28, 2009, 05:16 AM   #1
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Exclamation Heather Mills releases eco-friendly recycled fashion line

I like Heather's cute 1920's hair style!

Heather Mills releases eco-friendly recycled fashion line, but should these pieces stay at the back of the local charity shops?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ity-shops.html

She's on a one-woman mission to change the world, but Heather Mills may have gone too far with her latest venture.
The infamous vegan and animal rights campaigner has just released a new fashion line of recycled and re-modelled pieces.
But far from converting people to her cause, the bizarre-looking clothes could drive them back into the arms of big business.

Instead of producing a wearable covetable collection, Ms Mill's range, called Be@one, looks more like the fancy dress found at the back of a charity shop.
A fushia pink corset dress with garish ruffles would look at home at a children's party rather than a cocktail party.
While a pair of 'high-waisted trousers for the office' are more suited to a clown's day job, not your normal office job.
Heather debuted her new collection at the Celebrity Catwalk event in Hollywood last night.

The annual star-studded evening sees a number of celebrities give up their time and talents, and take to the catwalk to raise funds and awareness of animal rights.
Heather, 41, also collected an award at the event for animal activism.
The ex-wife of Beatle Paul McCartney chose to launch Be@one at the event, but it's not yet known how Hollywood's greatest interpreted the collection.
On her website, Heather describes the restyled clothes as 'inspirational'.

'Society throws away over a million tones of clothing and textiles into the rubbish bins annually. Many of these items could be resold or remade into something new and exciting,' she writes.

'The collection consists of women’s and menswear, designed for the assertive, fashionable and eco-conscious person.
'All the fabrics used in the pieces have been carefully sourced and remodeled into something unique and highly wearable.'
Although her definition of 'highly wearable' seems odd when you actually see the clothes themselves.
In addition to the garish corset dress and clown trousers, Heather has designed a recycled white lace evening gown, which looks more like a bedraggled wedding dress.
She's also turned out a figure-frumping black knee-length jumpsuit, which is slashed from thigh to knee.

Not to mention a purple skirt/black top combo which can only be described as Frankenstein-inspired.

The boys don't get off lightly either, with a number of their own satorial disasters to choose from.
Knee-length tuxedo shorts, with ugly aquamarine satin-trimmed jacket anyone?
Eager to inflict her curious brand of fashion onto the public, Heather says there will be two collections a year from Be@one.
But judging from the first outing, we're not sure there will be a great deal of fans clamouring for a second onslaught.
It's a good job Heather has her vegan restaurant and wholefoods business to fall back on.

And Stella McCartney - Sir Paul's daughter and an esteemed designer - can probably stop worrying that Heather is going to steal her fashion icon status.
But are we being unfair? Would you wear anything from Heather's new collection? Let us know your thoughts below!
Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:52 AM   #2
VersusBatman
Sun King

Those clothes are hideous.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 08:03 AM   #3
FPSHOT
Sun King

Way to go Heather

Thanks for posting, Lucy.

Typical how again an article writer probably wants to get famous for writing such an article about bad bad Heather.

The first thing she misses is the connection with the name Be@one.

The writer probably does not know that Heather has a daugter names Be which is Heather's first (one) child and maybe also refers to a collection of Daddy's music and more examples could be found in these words. Be one is a spiritual description.

Besides, I believe the type of clothes, which would not be my style, can be seen sort-like in many other collections these days.

in other words, another piece of rubb(ersoul)ish

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 08:17 AM   #4
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
Typical how again an article writer probably wants to get famous for writing such an article about bad bad Heather.
Hunh? First of all, I don't think you "get famous" by writing an article for a newspaper. Second of all, she never says anything in the entire article about Heather being "bad", just that the clothing in her line is ugly. Lots of designers design ugly clothing, that doesn't make them bad (well, maybe bad designers, but not bad people) and it doesn't make those who write about said ugly clothing full of rubbish.

Just for clarity, I like her cute hairstyle and don't like her not so cute designs.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:23 AM   #5
Georgie Girl
Sun King

I must say, I never saw many runway outfits that were suited to the office. I've seen far more outlandish things on the fashion shows on tv over the years than this stuff. I think the designers just want to go for effect on the runway and not wearability anyway.

The first things I ever saw from Stella I thought were hideous!

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:06 PM   #6
hibgal
Sun King

It's true that discarding clothes before they're worn out, simply because they're not in style or the person got tired of them, is a waste of resources, true. It's just - somehow the reality doesn't exactly match with the mental image conjured by the words.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:59 PM   #7
beatlelover45223

Wink

I think the writer got the point of the clothing line name, I took this line for the article:

Catwalk collection: The logo for Be@one seems to be the most fashionable thing about the entire line

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1209657/Heather-Mills-releases-recycled-fashion-line-pieces-stay-charity-shops.html#ixzz0PXekzgS7

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2009, 03:14 PM   #8
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

While I am not overly fond of the clothing displayed, I do commend Heather for her accomplishments. I salute her eco-friendly support.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2009, 03:14 AM   #9
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
Hunh? Second of all, she never says anything in the entire article about Heather being "bad"
oh the bad part is just my personal addition because 9 out of 12 articles about Heather seem to have that attitude

the clothing being ugly is just a personal opinion. I don't find them ugly, no matter who made them, but they are to me not ugly.

And saying they are not the ones to have on to office etc. is a comment which to me is just silly from a reviewer. They are not designed to be worn at those occasions, just like a designed soccer outfit will hopefully not have a review saying it is not proper to wear at an office or Christmas dinner.

Quote:
Lots of designers design ugly clothing, that doesn't make them bad (well, maybe bad designers, but not bad people) and it doesn't make those who write about said ugly clothing full of rubbish.
they sure don't intent to design them ugly, it is the opinion of others, so in my book a review should always leave a personal stamp and not define anything as rubbish

Heather's hairstyle's very cool to me yes, she is not my type but I like what she does and how she shows, most of the time.

Last edited by FPSHOT : Sep 01, 2009 at 03:23 AM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2009, 12:35 PM   #10
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
I like what she does and how she shows, most of the time.
Well said.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote