BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Mar 30, 2003, 09:07 PM   #1
StrawberryShorty
Day Tripper

Default Ringo on Carson -- MY Story!! (Finally!)

So sorry it took me a week to post this story!! LOL! But I have an excuse, I was in shock!

So since there's stories all over the internet about this, I'll just give the details from "my point of view". I got there with my mother around 4pm, and my father later joined us in line. He's a big Beatles fan, but he's a real joker. So he says to the lady behind us, "Wow, I didn't know Ringo had this many fans!" [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] * He left us right before they were about to let us in, and he goes down stairs and ran into Bill Clinton's lawyer. So he came back upstairs all proud and my mom and I were like.. "Okkk.. whatever!" (My mother does not get along with my father at ALL.. but she wanted to go cuz Ringo's her favorite!) So they lead us downstairs to go thru security (which is backwards to me! I think they should be doing a security check on everybody who walks into that building, but hey!) Ok ok, so from here to there, we're sitting in the SNL studios, waiting anxiously while the DJ is spinning Beatle tunes. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They had told us while we still in line that we'll be in the back rows for the interview, but for the performance they'll move us up to the front!! [img]graemlins/clap2.gif[/img] So, everyone is seated and then the young producer guy comes out to prep the audience for the tv show. (He was quite cute too! [img]graemlins/laugh5.gif[/img] ) So he asks us if we have any questions, a young girl in the balcony asked if we could scream.. LOL, someone asked when it will be aired (April 1st), he said "da man" doesn't want us taking pictures or autographs. So someone from the audience asked.. "Well WHAT IF at the end of the show Ringo wants to take pictures with each and everyone of us and sign an autograph for each of us?" The guy looked at her like she was nuts and said.. "Ok yea.. and WHAT IF John Lennon comes back at the end of the show to sing a song with Ringo?? WHat IF that happens? I"ll tell ya what, IF that happens, I want to have some of what you're smoking!" LOL! Then the young girl up in the audience's young friend asked if the guy knew if Ringo would leave the studio before or after the audience left, and the producer was like, "Um.. STALKER ALERT!" Then Carson came out to say hi and asked how many people have actually seen his show before, I think I was one of the only ones who actually cheered at that point. LOL! So then the show's theme song starts, and Ringo comes out giving the peace signs!! He looked excellent!! I dont remember all the questions, but there was one where Ringo actually spoke to me! ::faints:: They were talking about the Beatle's trip to NYC for the first time and they showed the picture of the boys landing at JFK and getting off the plane. I let out a "WOOOOOOOOOO!" (cuz they showed my Johnny Boy! LOL) and Ringo goes... "OH wow! She must be from JFK!" Hahahaha. But they put the camera up on the young crying chic in the balcony. But just so you guys know, that was ME that screamed! I hope they dont cut that part out!! LOL. Hehehe.. So then Carson asks if Ringo is pissed at Michael Jackson for buying the publishing rights of the Beatles songs. Ringo was like.. NO! Cuz he didn't buy my songs!! (I also let out a EHHHHH at that point.. people around me I think were getting a little annoyed I was making alot of noises!! LOL! I couldn't help myself tho!) Then Ringo explained and was like.. "He only owns the Lennon/McCartney songs, not mine!" And everyone started laughing. Hmmm.. can't remember what else. During the commercial Ringo was "drumming the air" to "Come Together". [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That was awesome to watch. Then the actree Carlie Nilson? (sp) came out and gave Ringo a hug. Ringo was all checking out her ASSests before she sat down. Hahaha. You could tell she was nervous to be sitting next to a Beatle and Carson asked her if there was anything she wanted to ask Ringo, and she says.. "Well my dream came true he already hugged me" so Ringo then gave her another hug and moved closer to her!! Awwwww! Then when she was talking about kicking John Travolta's butt in her new movie, Ringo moved away from her. LOL. Ok ok, so fast forward to the performance!! They started moving the chairs int he front to the side and everyone in the front rows started standing up. So I stood up a little prematurely in the backrow and I seen the pages like pointing at me. (As most of you know, I'm only 22 but look like I'm like 14, and it didn't help that I had on a shirt that had Eyeore on it!) So they start leading people up the middle aisle and putting them on either side of the microphone in front of the stage. There was a lady blocking the middle of the aisle so that you couldn't stand in front directly in front of the microphone. So when it was our turn to walk down the aisle (lol), the lady moved outta the way. And she pointed to the front?! I was like, WHAT?? YOu want me to go to the front? She was like yea, go ahead! I said, "All the way to the front??" She giggled and said YEA! I asked again, "ALLLLLL THE WAY?" My mom then pushed me cuz I was in shock and she placed me directly in front of Ringo's microphone!! If I woulda reached out my arm I coulda grabbed his "Starr shaped tamborine" that was hanging on the mike! I was speechless and my mom was rubbing my back trying to calm me down. I started to tear up and the lady next to me said, "Dont you go passing out now!" I said NO! I cant' do that cuz then I'll miss the show!! LOL! SO then he came out.. oh my goodness!! GORGEOUS! And he stood right in front of me. Ahhh.. ok.. breathe in, breathe out. LOL. I get all ansy just thinking about it! So, he started singing "Within You Without You", and that's when he noticed me! I think he noticed my shirt first, and then he looked up at me and smiled and was singing to me! [img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] My mom starts like poking me in my back cuz she was so excited! He continued to look at me alot and I know I had to look like a moron just staring at him, but SO WhAT! LOL. Then he started to sing "A Little Help From my Friends" and everyone was singing along. I pulled out my Beatle rolling paper that I had in my pocket and started waving it high in the air when he would say.. "I get a high with a little help from my friends", he started to giggle. There was one point where he dropped the tamborine, and I was so tempted to pick it up and hand it to him, but I figured security woulda jumped on me before I could've of even gotten my whole hand around it. So that was basically it! When he was done singing, it looked like he wanted to continue, but they kinda got rushed off stage. My mom also told me at the end, that there was a camera directly behind the drummer, which I did not notice. I'm kinda hoping that Ringo was blocking me so I wont be seen on TV, cuz I just know I'm gonna look like a doofball. LOL. But oh well [img]graemlins/dork1.gif[/img] . Just no one make fun of me if you see me on TV! LOL.

I actually asked Mark Hudson on Saturday at Beatlefest about the show, and he said it's true! When Ringo got in the car he said, "Man, I could've played another 3 or 4 of my hits! The crowd was jammin'!" [img]graemlins/rocknroll2.gif[/img]
StrawberryShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2003, 09:24 PM   #2
Beatlesgal
Bulldog

Default Post deleted by Jerry

Beatlesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 04:59 AM   #3
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9
Default Re: Ringo on Carson -- MY Story!! (Finally!)

Wow! It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Wish I could have gone there! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 05:13 AM   #4
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

Girl, don't I envy you now! [img]graemlins/rotate.gif[/img] * Wish I was there.
BrazilianFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 07:42 AM   #5
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Well! I was supposed to be there too, but I got REALLY sick and couldn't go...I'm really disappointed!

Sounds like you had a GREAT time! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2003, 09:03 PM   #6
StrawberryShorty
Day Tripper

Susan!

I sure do hope you're feeling better!! There's seems to be some kinda nasty virus going around. (Knocking on wood that I haven't gotten it yet!)

2 Beatle-y things in one week and I still havent been able to meet an actual Beatle-linker!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
StrawberryShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2003, 04:49 AM   #7
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Originally Posted By StrawberryShorty:
Susan!

I sure do hope you're feeling better!! There's seems to be some kinda nasty virus going around. (Knocking on wood that I haven't gotten it yet!)

2 Beatle-y things in one week and I still havent been able to meet an actual Beatle-linker!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Well, Kristina, you just have to come back to NYC on another day, eh? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm better, though not 100% yet...sigh...
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2003, 09:27 AM   #8
beatlelover45223

Thanks for posting this StrawberryShorty, sounds like you had fun and WOW, you got to sit right in front of Ringo, that is so SWEET ....
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2003, 01:30 PM   #9
LuvLennon
Wild Honey Pie

Wow StrawberryShorty, what a great time! And your retelling was so dramatic too, imagine getting to stand right in front of Ringo! I'm hoping I might be able to see myself, when his tour starts in Canada this summer
LuvLennon is offline   Reply With Quote