BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Goodnight Vienna

Old Apr 09, 2003, 10:56 AM   #81
ChicagoMolly
Apple Scruff

Default Re: Ringo-Rama

I bought the cd today and I am so excited. It's been a Ringo day. I found Caveman on DVD, accidentally, while waiting on line at Walmart; then later, was able to get the limited edition of Ringo Rama with the bonus dvd.

A BestBuy opened recently near here, before that it was hard to get solo cd's. Places like Walmart seem to carry only very popular mainstream stuff.

So now I am waiting for Mr. Molly to get home..so we can watch the DVD.

He is beginning to get annoyed: I have been going around the house saying "Ringo Rama..." in this cheesy lounge~ lizard type voice, until he finally said " Go buy it!"

~~later~~

I am listening to Ringo Rama for the first time. All I can say is OMG!! This boy is rocking my socks off. Run, don't walk, RUN to buy this cd!!

[size="1"][ Apr 09, 2003, 02:44 PM: Message Edited By: ChicagoMolly ][/size]
ChicagoMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2003, 03:04 PM   #82
SensualNJ
Fool On The Hill

[img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/rocknroll1.gif[/img] *
RINGO RAMA! RINGO RAMA! RINGO RAMA! RAMA ON.. The limited edition includes a DVD that is great... this is one CD all Ringo and Beatle fans should. Ringo Starr and Mark Hudson work wonders together !!!!!!!!
SensualNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 10:47 AM   #83
Legs
Sun King

Drats while the normal cd is out now in the Netherlands, I have to wait till the 21th for the release of the special edition version with DvD. Since I much rather have that one, and I don't buy the same cd twice I still don't have Ringorama.Some more patience I guess.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:25 PM   #84
BeatNick
Fool On The Hill

for those of you who have it, how does it sound? any good? i was thinking about looking for it this weekend. i have to admit, hearing that it has that dvd in there makes me really curious. what's on that? thanks for the help!

nick
BeatNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 04:48 PM   #85
SF4-EVER

I like this CD. It sounds a bit more country to me than Vertical Man did; Willie Nelson joins Ringo on "Write One For Me." Some of my favorite songs are "Missouri Loves Company," "Memphis In Your Mind," "Never Without You," "I Think Therefore I Rock and Roll," and "Elizabeth Reigns." The bonus DVD includes the lyrics and a short video.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:30 PM   #86
jtal909
Sun King

Just watched the dvd. Ringo is one cool character. gotta love the guy. He loves what he's doing. I especially liked watching the guest appearances on the music by Eric Clapton and David Gilmore, who seemed to just stop by like it was just another day to them (it was, actually, wasn't it?).
jtal909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:01 PM   #87
kozmo61
Little Child

my fav song is Imagine me there...
kozmo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2003, 11:54 PM   #88
kozmo61
Little Child

new cd by ringo starr released on Koch enter. features David Gilmore(pink floyd) and EC )eric clapton) Special guest singer Willie nelson,Its an Instant classic,songs that vary so much its hard to pick a favorite one,so it has someting for everyone,it contains Jazz,country,blue grass,rock,and even a acid rock feel,it has beautiful love ballads,streight away rockers to classic Ringostyle wit and humour(something like Lennon)a beatle feel(careful Mark)the classic Ringoisms,cleaver funny words,talking in between songs/end of songs(telling the bastard to stop!)the dvd is to die for...a fans dream,(something I have waited for for years)him in the studio,the round heads are in top form,WOW!what a masterpiece!my only concern is how will he ever top this.one of the first things I noticed is that Ringo is the lead writer in every song!eye to eye is a strong upbeat rocker to open this masterpiece.missouri loves company is like heading down the highway on route 66 in a 1950 mercury,windows down feeling the summer breeze,David galore's guitar is a great hook,banjo tops it off!it also has the full typically wonderful Ringo phrasing.Instant Amnesia rocks hard yet includes a delightfully quirky jazz in the middle,starts with a"1,2" count,then a drum intro which Ringo is thankfully started more songs with a bit of drums.then comes a blaring guitars that remind me of something else,maybe John's early stuff.Ringo mentions as well John's 'Instant Karma' which is one of my Fab regrets that Ringo was not in the country to play drums when John recorded it.Love the slow bit during 'Instant Amnesia' sounds like an old film noir detective movie or a 50's beatnik jazz club tune!and a wonderfully strange ending,Memphis in your mind is a very cool rockabilly number on which mu only minor complaint would be that in the mixing they should have made Ringo's voice a little louder.Nevertheless It's very entertaining.Never Without you,the tribute to George,is a fantastic song beautifully done that should in a perfect world be a bighit.Imagine me there is a very pleasant ballad of the quality that Beatle snobs would think only Paul could do,its a song that can bring tears to the eyes,when thinking about that special someone.I think therefore I Rock n Roll is an infectious rocker that would be perfect as one of the Ringo Rana songs to be included in his concert this year.Tripping On My Own Tears has a great hook,love the violin,and of course Ringo's phrasing is brilliant,Write one for me is perfect for a duet with Willie Nelson.It should be a crossover hit on the country charts.Love First,Ask Questions later is a very catchy tune,beautiful,Elizabeth Reigns is brilliant,worthy of anything the Beatles did in their heyday.I love the 600 servants using detergent.(reminds me of John)English Garden is a very sweet little ditty with a little borrowing from Paul's let em in thrown in.And i really love her,I wish was longer.To sum things up this album is superb,a masterpiece,of the highest order,its Beethoven's Fifth,The White album,the Ringo album all rolled into one.It is a musical production for the ages that I not only urge all of you to buy,but I also urge you to sing it's praises to those who might not otherwise buy it,Please do not let this fantastic gem wither on the vine without first seeing plenty of sunshine....
Old Apr 23, 2003, 06:24 AM   #89
beatlemad
Taxman

Was Ringo Rama ever released in Britain?
If not does anyone know why?
I had to download it from WinMX and I think its very good.
Write One For Me is my favourite song.
beatlemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2003, 03:59 AM   #90
AnotherGirl83
Wild Honey Pie

I FINALLY got "Ringo Rama" yesterday... I couldn't find it anywhere in Germany and had to order it... but it was worth the wait, that's for sure! LOVE it [img]graemlins/heart2.gif[/img] *... "Never Without You" made me cry but the whole album is so... Ringo! So if you don't have it yet - GET IT! :-)
AnotherGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2003, 11:49 PM   #91
Ratman
Fool On The Hill

"Vertical Mom For Prez"
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2003, 01:23 PM   #92
Beatlesgal
Bulldog

Default Post deleted by Jerry

Beatlesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2003, 01:30 PM   #93
beatle_babe
Fool On The Hill

ringo has always been my favorite beatle. [img]graemlins/heart1.gif[/img] I just bought his CD and thought it was amazing. I loved the song "Never Without You" but I think I listened to it so much I got tired of it. So now my new favorite song is "Write One For Me".
beatle_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2003, 11:37 PM   #94
kozmo61
Little Child

V~mom for prez,I concure...