BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:51 PM   #1
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny Lover Send a message via AIM to Johnny Lover Send a message via MSN to Johnny Lover Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Lover Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Lover
Default Johnny Depp

Are there any Johnny Depp fans here?
I fell in love with him after seeing "Pirates of the Caribbean"... He really should have won the "Best Actor" Award... Wow he looked like 20 years old at the Oscars! I can't believe he's 40!
Yesterday I saw "The Secret Window" and OMG it was so awesome! Really different from the book, but still good.
It's funny, since the first movie I ever saw with him was "Chocolat," and I thought he was really wierd-looking. But now when I watch it I'm like, "wow he's so sexy!!!" Haha.
(By the way, "Johnny Lover" refers to John Lennon; I got this sn before I ever even heard of Johnny Depp. But now I'm obsessed with him as well, although not as much as I am with the Beatles. Of course. lol)

[size="1"][ Mar 13, 2004, 07:53 PM: Message Edited By: Johnny Lover ][/size]
Johnny Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:57 PM   #2
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

Default Re: Johnny Depp

Yeah, I was kind of pulling for him to win the Oscar too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But Sean Penn was very deserving.

You can count me as one of Johnny Depp's fans. I think he's a quite a versatile actor.
Savoy Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:58 PM   #3
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny Lover Send a message via AIM to Johnny Lover Send a message via MSN to Johnny Lover Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Lover Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Lover

I actually haven't seen the movie with Sean Penn, and he probably did deserve it, but still, so did Johnny. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Mar 13, 2004, 07:59 PM: Message Edited By: Johnny Lover ][/size]
Old Mar 13, 2004, 08:02 PM   #4
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

I agree totally. His performance was perfect. But comedy/adventure just about always loses out to drama. Unfortunately.
Savoy Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 11:32 PM   #5
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

I saw him in POC:COBP and I was so impressed...

Johnny put Keith Richards and Pepe Le Pew as his characters (mostly Keith, you could even see it!)

I did root for Johnny to win an Oscar, but I am glad that Sean Penn won it, he's a good actor too. I loved him in I Am Sam (LOTS of Beatles' reference) and Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Anyway, Johnny is quite a good looker too [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Vanessa is a very lucky girl to have him at her side.
EnchantingLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 05:19 AM   #6
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

I am a fan of Johnny!! I wasn't surprised he didn't get the Oscar tho. My daughter and I own all his movies except Once Upon a Time in Mexico (gotta get that one) and she saw Secret Window the day it came out without me 'cause I was working. We will go very soon. He really is an incredible actor. Interesting character. I can't even pic a favorite movie because I like so many of them in different ways.

My daughter informed me we are still missing a couple of his, Arizona Dreams and one other one that she can't remember the name of.

[size="1"][ Mar 14, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message Edited By: sourmilkpinky ][/size]
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 05:05 PM   #7
Sarandipity
Dr. Robert

I was a big fan of him in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. That's a funny movie....
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2004, 03:39 AM   #8
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

That is a good movie. He was hilarious in 'Bennie and Joon' too. The diner scene as well as the park scene are masterpieces of comedy.

[size="1"][ Mar 15, 2004, 03:40 AM: Message Edited By: sourmilkpinky ][/size]
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:22 AM   #9
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

I've only seen 4 of his movies... but that's enough for me to know that he's a great actor!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:23 AM   #10
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

I only became a fan in late 2003...
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:32 AM   #11
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
I've only seen 4 of his movies... but that's enough for me to know that he's a great actor!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I am curious which four?

My daughter became a fan summer of 2003 and the way she is and the way it appears I spoil her on these matters we quickly acquired almost all of these gems of movies. Many I had seen and liked but not obsessed over.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:50 AM   #12
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

"Edward Scissorhand, Chocolat, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Secret Window." All of them are awesome!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 05:10 AM   #13
Beatlesgal
Bulldog

Default Post deleted by Jerry

Beatlesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2004, 02:55 PM   #14
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Wait, scratch what I said earlier. I saw 5 movies; I forgot about "The Astronaut's Wife"...
Old Mar 15, 2004, 03:01 PM   #15
TeoTorriate
Day Tripper

He's a cutie [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
TeoTorriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2004, 03:10 PM   #16
Magill
Sun King

I was shocked to learn that he's my age! He looks a lot younger! NOT FAIR!! [img]graemlins/hammer2.gif[/img]
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:05 PM   #17
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted By Magill:
I was shocked to learn that he's my age! He looks a lot younger! NOT FAIR!! [img]graemlins/hammer2.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I know! When I saw "Pirates of the Caribbean," I thought he was in his late 20's! A girl from my school told me he was forty, and I simply refused to believe it. I went home ane checked online and STILL couldn't believe it! I must have went on at least a dozen websites before I finally did!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:40 PM   #18
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
Wait, scratch what I said earlier. I saw 5 movies; I forgot about "The Astronaut's Wife"...
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">That's one I could never forget!!! That is my fave, What a great sex scene in that one.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 05:32 PM   #19
Johnny Lover
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted By sourmilkpinky:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">That's one I could never forget!!! That is my fave, What a great sex scene in that one.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Grrr... that sucks... I saw it on TV and they took that scene out... Oh well, guess I gotta see it again [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Mar 16, 2004, 04:36 AM   #20
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

I can understand them taking it out. I make my 14 yr.old close her eyes and ears, at least when I am in the room.