BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jun 06, 2004, 08:33 PM   #1
Priitaa
Little Child

Default Humble Request - Please Pray over Jagajivan Prabhu\'s death

We have lost a wonderful devotee of Krishna who was into George Harrision and in the 60's was a writer/critic for "DownBeat" magazine. I posted about him on my prayer egroup, "Krishna's Distance Healers." Then realized I am missing out on a whole lot of prayers for him here. Therefore I will include what I put on my group, in hopes more will pray to Prabhuapda and Krishna for Jagajivan's benefit. In addition, you may wish to know that Jagajivan, in recent times, was distributing George Harrison CD's.) Thanks.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Krishn...tance_Healers/

Subject: Devotee Death - Please Pray

It is not that we can only pray for someone who is on this side with us, but also after they have left their body.

Just the other day my husband and myself found out that a devotee we both know, especially one he is friends with, lived in the same ashrama when young brahmacaris, and one who has phoned him often, committed suicide. His name was/is Jagajivan das.

Tho in the very last phone call from Jagajivan, he did express something that has been bothering him to my husband, but it was small and could easily be ironed out. Therefore we thought it would pass as it has with most devotees. My husband wondered why his friend did not
trust him enough to confide further, though I now suspect the topic of that converstaions was not the main issue and a cover up for something much bigger was going on behind it.

Please know that with that one exception, in Jagajivan's phone calls (etc) he was always very 'up' and positive, always preaching about Prabhuapda and Krishna, and laughing. Seemed to be in good spirits.

He use to phone here to speak with my husband anywhere from once a month to once a week. When an entire month just passed and no word from Jagagivan, my husband began to wonder about him, yet it was not uncommon for Jagajivan to go for semi-long periods of time without phoning us for a while, then to suddenly phone again. Saturday monring my husband received an email stating Jagajivan had committed suicide. This has been shocking since we had no idea, as no one we know infomred us he left in this way, and it happened three weeks ago.

The details of his suicide are unknown to most, but Jagivan also does not want anyone to know, does not feel its important and a negative. That sounds like Jagagivn too. If its not Krishna conscious, he's not going to waste time talking about it. I agree with him. As much as we may be curious, that's more the gossip part of it.

What is important here is to pray for him, as some on this list may not know that suicide is against our spiritual path. Fortunately there has been some information surfacing which is hopeful, as well as Jagagivan's strong advice that no one should ever do what he did, and that it was clearly wrong. With that said however, may we all pray for his benefit, and take a moment to hear a bit about his devotional life. Nor I do not know a lot about him, but I know enough to appreicate the goodness of his heart and determination to be a devotee.

Jagajivan das took initiation from Srila Prabhupada early in the Movement. You know the titles you read on the Prabhuapda lecture cassettes? It was Jagajivan who picked them, with great care. In the "Back to Godhead" magazines, where he served for years, the sections you have seen called "Prabhupada Speaks Out," he did those too. Jagagivan couldn't talk about Prabhuada enough, and his dedication was clear, without a doubt. This too is why I have hopes Prabhupada picked him up by his ear, or sikha , and saved him.

Jagajivan was and is a sincere devotee who may have done something we do not understand, but his devotinal service, and he himself, should never be minimized in our eyes because of it. Prabhupada plucked him out of the material world once, he can do it again. Therefore I humbly reqest all devotees to pray for Jagajivan to be forgiven for this and allowed to move forward in his love and service to
Prabhuapda and Krishna.

Your Servant,
Prtha (pronounced Priitaa) d.d.
Priitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2004, 08:51 PM   #2
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Humble Request - Please Pray over Jagajivan Prabhu\'s death

<font color="orange"> Nama Om Vishnu Padaya Krishna presthaya bhu-tale Srimate Bhaktivedanta Swamin iti namine Namaste Sarasvati deve Gaura-Vani pracarine nirvishesha shunyavadi pascatya desha-tarine

Jaya Sri Krishna Chaitanya Prabhu Nityananda
Jai Sri Advaita Gadadhara Srivasadi Gaura-Bhakta-Vrnda

Dear Prtha Mataji,
thank you for letting us all know of this tragic news. I pray that Jagajivan is rescued by the sikha by Srila Prabhupada as you mentioned there

Yet I still would like to offer my prayers for this great devotee to be forgiven for what has been done and that his soul would quickly be re-instated in his Krishna-bhakti without further hindrance.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

respectfully,
Rahil
</font>
Old Jun 06, 2004, 09:34 PM   #3
Priitaa
Little Child

Thank you Rahil prabhu, for your humble and sincere reply. And, every little prayer is helpful, benefiting both the one prayed for (Jagajivan in this case), and the one who prays! That's the wonder of Krishna. Well, one of many. Its like we have this invisible "telephone wire" provided to connect to Him thru conscious and intentful prayer. Thaks! And Haribol.

YS,
Priitaa dd

[ QUOTE ]
[b]Nama Om Vishnu Padaya Krishna presthaya bhu-tale Srimate Bhaktivedanta Swamin iti namine Namaste Sarasvati deve Gaura-Vani pracarine nirvishesha shunyavadi pascatya desha-tarine

Jaya Sri Krishna Chaitanya Prabhu Nityananda
Jai Sri Advaita Gadadhara Srivasadi Gaura-Bhakta-Vrnda

Dear Prtha Mataji,
thank you for letting us all know of this tragic news. I pray that Jagajivan is rescued by the sikha by Srila Prabhupada as you mentioned there

Yet I still would like to offer my prayers for this great devotee to be forgiven for what has been done and that his soul would quickly be re-instated in his Krishna-bhakti without further hindrance.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

respectfully,
Rahil

--------------------
It is He, Jai Sri Krishna!
Please check out Rahil's website http://rahil.iscool.net
Thank you very much!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old Jun 07, 2004, 01:04 AM   #5
chaitanya
Sgt. Pepper

vancha-kalpatarubhyash cha
kripa-sindubhya eva cha
patitanam pavanabhyo
vaishnavebhyo namo namaha
(I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaishnavas, devotees of the Lord. They are just like desire trees who can fulfill the desires of everyone and they are full of compassion for the fallen conditioned souls.)

May His soul find the realization..

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
chaitanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2004, 04:12 AM   #6
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

My prayers are with you.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2004, 10:17 AM   #7
Priitaa
Little Child

[ QUOTE ]
chaitanya Posted:
vancha-kalpatarubhyash cha
kripa-sindubhya eva cha
patitanam pavanabhyo
vaishnavebhyo namo namaha
(I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaishnavas, devotees of the Lord. They are just like desire trees who can fulfill the desires of everyone and they are full of compassion for the fallen conditioned souls.)

May His soul find the realization..

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

[/ QUOTE ]

That comment is very much appreciated. He was a wonderful Vaisnava. A human being type of Vaisnava, as he knew he was not perfect, but never let that get in his way or use it as an excuse. Tho not to be misunderstood, he was a good follower of Prabhupada. Thanks!

YS,
Priitaa d.d.
Old Jun 07, 2004, 10:19 AM   #8
Priitaa
Little Child

[ QUOTE ]
sourmilkpinky Posted:
My prayers are with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks SourMilkPinky,

All prayers are greatly appreciated and needed. Keep 'em comin!

YS,
Priitaa d.d.
Old Jun 07, 2004, 05:32 PM   #9
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

You have my prayers also.
Savoy Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2004, 09:21 PM   #10
Priitaa
Little Child

[ QUOTE ]
Savoy Truffle Posted:
You have my prayers also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Tho they're not for me. Make sure to get his name right. Its "JagaJivan das." He was/is a friend, and use to phone our house regularly, so this too makes it more of a shock. He never said a word to indicate this, and seemed so up and positive all the time. Anyawy, thanks.

YS,
Priitaa d.d.
Old Jun 07, 2004, 10:38 PM   #11
Hari's Chick

[ QUOTE ]
Priitaa Posted:
Jagajivan was and is a sincere devotee who may have done something we do not understand, but his devotinal service, and he himself, should never be minimized in our eyes because of it. Prabhupada plucked him out of the material world once, he can do it again. Therefore I humbly reqest all devotees to pray for Jagajivan to be forgiven for this and allowed to move forward in his love and service to
Prabhuapda and Krishna.

Your Servant,
Prtha (pronounced Priitaa) d.d.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly will pray. I am so sorry. I understand those feelings... having also suicide within my family. I believe often it is people with tender, tender hearts who find the material world overwhelming and the escape from it so enticing. A rush to escape the pain of the world is so easy to align with once the shallowness of the world becomes clearer and clearer to us.

That of course is the best reason to seek comfort at the lotus feet of Krishna, through whom we can find the way out of misery forever.

Not that all life here is misery, but the attachment to the good things leads to awareness of the temporality of all things...all things save God and our souls.

I have no doubt in my heart God and Srila Prabhupad will turn a kind and loving eye towards Jagajivan Prabhu once again and hold him close. Like a Mother, God understands our hearts and vulnerability and never ever gives up on us.

I will pray for this special devotee and all who love him and were touched by his devotion.

(((HUGS))) &amp; love
Hare Krishna
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2004, 03:29 PM   #12
Priitaa
Little Child

[ QUOTE ]
Hari's Chick Posted:

I certainly will pray. I am so sorry. I understand those feelings... having also suicide within my family. I believe often it is people with tender, tender hearts who find the material world overwhelming and the escape from it so enticing. A rush to escape the pain of the world is so easy to align with once the shallowness of the world becomes clearer and clearer to us.

That of course is the best reason to seek comfort at the lotus feet of Krishna, through whom we can find the way out of misery forever.

Not that all life here is misery, but the attachment to the good things leads to awareness of the temporality of all things...all things save God and our souls.

I have no doubt in my heart God and Srila Prabhupad will turn a kind and loving eye towards Jagajivan Prabhu once again and hold him close. Like a Mother, God understands our hearts and vulnerability and never ever gives up on us.

I will pray for this special devotee and all who love him and were touched by his devotion.

(((HUGS))) &amp; love
Hare Krishna

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you prabhu. Yes, I do believe he was a very sensitive soul and that may have contributed to his actions. He admitted they were the wrong actions too, but for whatever reason, did them anyway. We are still trying to accept the idea he is gone, but would appreicate any prayers to free any possible complication it may have brought him and to thereby please free his soul, reuniting him with Prabhuapda ihs guru and Krishna. This is what he would want. As I've said, he use to phone here regularly. The phone does ring quite as often on weekends anymore. Strange.

YS,
Priitaa d.d.
Old Jun 09, 2004, 04:49 PM   #13
**DONOTDELETE**

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you prabhu. Yes, I do believe he was a very sensitive soul and that may have contributed to his actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="orange"> Hari bol, maybe it would be more appropriate to call Lorraine 'Mataji' and not 'Prabhu' although i know you are addressing Paramatma also within her with 'Prabhu' </font>
Old Jun 09, 2004, 09:44 PM   #14
Hari's Chick

Hare Krishna

Respectfully, I certainly do not mind the way Prtha addresses me. I love her lots (and also am called Prabhu by some other buddies as well). She is very devoted, and it is an honor to be addressed by her in any fashion.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 08:38 AM   #16
Hari's Chick

Old Jun 10, 2004, 09:11 PM   #17
Priitaa
Little Child

I am female, and it's common in Prabhupada's Hare Krishna movement for women to call other women "prabhu." I don't know whats going on in the current movement these days, but am not concerned either. I just stick with the old fashioned way we did it in the ashrama 'back in the day.'

(Update: Just saw you said 'sorry.' No big deal. We all learn as we go. &lt;s&gt; )

And thanks Lorraine, for your kind words. Love you, and please take care.

YS,
Prtha dd
Old Jun 11, 2004, 12:17 PM   #18
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I will certainly keep this special person who influenced George so deeply in my prayers.

Good to see you back, Priitha! I missed hearing from you and others who are well versed in Eastern religious beliefs.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 01:12 AM   #19
FPSHOT
Sun King

Priitaa, it's good to see you writing here again, although the circumstances sadden me very much. I feel for what you are going through, but also am sure the Lord will give you strength.

I believe you and Hari's Chick have put it in words better than I ever can and I will surely give it the attention you asked for.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 01:05 PM   #20
Priitaa
Little Child

beatlebangs1964 and FPSHOT,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, please keep Jagajivan in your prayers. Thank you. And true, I didn't come back here under the best of circumstances, but oh well, guess I'm back. Thanks!

YS,
Prtha dd