BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:49 PM   #1
4iiiis
Mr. Moonlight

Default Julian's Outrage @ Macca, et al.

WOW…this just in….Julian is NONE too happy with his "2nd Dad" Sir Paul McCartney, nor others associated with these recent events. Check out Julian's latest post on his Facebook page:

Last edited by 4iiiis : Oct 22, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
4iiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Are you serious? I knew he wasn't invited to the wedding, but he didn't get invited to the reception dinner in NYC WHILE HE HAS BEEN THERE??!!!?? Um, that's not right. I'd be pissed as well.

Julian bb, Apple Scruff has NOT ignored you on this forum so we're still friends, ok? I should go see his Facebook page because I can only imagine the overflow of saccharine comments from those legions of fangirl-women who post on his wall non-stop 24 hours of the day. I see about 50-70 marriage proposals to that man practically within a three hour span. I can just imagine all the hoopla on there...

What will the people who post those Tumblr Paul-is-a-better-dad-to-Julian-than-John posts do now for material? Will they continue to recycle the same 20 year old quote about Paul being Julian's "second dad" with that clown nose picture now and forever or just give up? This is serious blog drama right here.

But seriously, that's not cool Paul. I am disappoint.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 22, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I just read that Sean was at the freaking wedding reception dinner. Sean who apparently has NO relationship with Paul other than being transfixed by a man who was BFFs with his dad.

I'm sorry but WTF IS THAT ABOUT?

And you all know I love Sean. I mean, Sean is the real deal and he should hardly be blamed for being invited while his bro wasn't, but it still isn't fair.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 22, 2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Sean's Twitter page...

Fan's comment:

Sean's response:

Well, maybe Sean is right. He may only be accompanying Yoko to these events and not be individually invited himself. Also, I know he invites Julian to his shows and attends Julian stuff so perhaps he meant personally. But still...in this situation, I believe that Julian has every right to be upset.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:38 PM   #5
Maia 66
Sun King

Wow, some good old-fashioned Beatles drama... haven't had any in a while!

(And, btw... who the eff is this girl to give Sean a hard time about how Julian gets treated?? What's it got to do with him?)

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Apple Scruff
Sun King

People are always b1tching at Sean for Julian drama, as if he has anything whatsoever to do with it. Sean and Julian actually have a very drama-free and beautiful relationship. sheesh!

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 22, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:53 PM   #7
Maia 66
Sun King

Yes, they do... and thank goodness for that. Because I have to admit, Scruffie, that I feel Julian's being a bit whiney... not a very classy tweet. (It is real, isn't it?)

All I want is the truth

Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:05 PM   #8
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Maia, you're absolutely right he's being whiney. But that's always been his style. Was it you or Fly who said that they couldn't stand that whole period where all he did was consistently whine and whine about his trials and tribulations in 1999?

I think here he is just pissed off at Paul or Olivia or something. I actually think the truth is that he's not getting why Sean is invited and he isn't, but I think Sean isn't really invited... He just comes along with Yoko. Because we ALL KNOW Sean goes nowhere without Charlotte and she has never been to any of these events with him because Sean is just Yoko's plus 1.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 22, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:14 PM   #9
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
But seriously, that's not cool Paul.
Maybe not... but this is. Maybe he'll turn over a new leaf... you know, like Madonna or something.

All I want is the truth

Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:15 PM   #10
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Maybe not... but this is. Maybe he'll turn over a new leaf... you know, like Madonna or something.
Well now!

I always thought it was cool how Sascha Baron Cohen's wife insisted on converting before they married because she wanted to, and kindly corrected people who told her it was because she was forced to/had no choice.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:29 PM   #11
Maia 66
Sun King

Yeah, somehow I can't see Paul having theological discussions with Rabbi Herzberg... but still, I always thought he'd look good in a yarmulke!

Ever see that Chappelle Show sketch about the Racial Draft? Lol ~ my family's all celebrating as if we just scored a huge acquisition, like Tiger Woods!

All I want is the truth

Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:43 PM   #12
Apple Scruff
Sun King

^^^ I love it!!!

I also love how this Julian's whiney post turned from my (admittedly bias) sympathy to discussions on Judaism conversion and the brilliance of Dave Chappelle and his racial draft.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 22, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:07 PM   #13
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I read Peregrine's post on the Macca board and...

Quote:
Celebrities were everywhere in attendance Friday night at the Bowery Hotel in New York City for a glitzy party in honor of newlyweds Paul McCartney and Lady Nancy.*Those in attendance included several musicians, including Yoko Ono, widow of John Lennon, with her son Sean Lennon; Joe Walsh, brother-in-law of Beatle Ringo Starr with wife Marjorie Bach; Jeff Lynne of Electric Light Orchestra; Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters; Rolling Stone Keith Richards with wife Patti Hansen; Jon Bon Jovi and E Street Bander Miami Steve Van Zandt.*
Well, I am back to thinking I feel a bit for Julian here. I mean, Paul invited all these people and didn't extend an invitation to his former partner's first born son? It just seems tacky to me, though Julian's whining post is certainly not one of his finer moments.

Sean will do something nice for Jules. I have faith in him.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:23 PM   #14
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Julian's Outrage @ Macca, et al.

I think its a shame and sad that Paul didn't invite Julian to that wedding Party In New York City.We know how close both those brothers are.Sean and Julian love each other and are both close.I am sure Sean is unhappy about it to.I don't feel Sean or Yoko is behind this.They didn't control over who got invited and didn't.But the people in charge of these events.Are the ones to blame.I also do blame Paul for not inviting Julian to this wedding reception.He must had to have known who was being invited and not.I agree Applescruff whether its such a good idea for Julian to post that to on Facebook where he has 10 of thousands of people reading it.But I think he may feel its the best way to get feelings out there to the world. Julian feels this was not right and disrespectful and unfair to him and his Mom.So I think he feels he needs to say this publicly.

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Oct 23, 2011 at 07:52 AM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:32 PM   #15
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine9 View Post
I think its a shame and sad that Paul didn't invite Julian to that wedding Party In New York City.We know how close both those brothers are.Sean and Julian love each other and are both close.I am sure Sean is unhappy about it to.I don't feel Sean or Yoko is behind this.They didn't control over who got invited and didn't.But the people in charge of these events.Are the ones to blame.I also do blame Paul for not inviting Julian to this wedding reception.He must had to have known who was being invited and not.I agree Applescruff whether its such a good idea for Julian to post that to on Facebook where he has 10 of thousands of people reading it.But I think he may he feel its the best way to get feelings out there to world. Julian feels this not right and disrespectful and unfair to him and his Mom.So I think he feels he needs to say this publicly.
You're right, Peregrine. Julian does use his Facebook page as an avenue to communicate with his fans. Perhaps this post, though seemingly whiney in it's wording, is simply an expression of frustration at the fact that his mother and him were excluded from events that belonged to those whom he had thought he had some affection/love for. I won't deny that Julian has been rather frigid with regards to Paul for some time. There is an interview on YouTube where the reporter asks him about "Hey Jude" and whether it's his favorite song and he outright laughs in the guy's face. It's kind of funny...

Anyway, my point is: Julian hasn't felt the "warmth" from Paul for a while and therefore he hasn't made an effort to say anything particularly nice about him. Sean accompanies his mother to these events. Yoko and Sean don't have anything to do with the inviting whatsoever. Julian was just at Sean's concert with Yoko, for goodness sakes. As far as Yoko, Cyn, Julian, and Sean I do believe things are on a very nice scale but as far as the other Beatles family and Julian, well, I don't know.

I sort of don't care as much as I look like I do. I just want Julian and Sean to write an album together and perform. Y'all think I'm kidding? I want a Lennon Brother album and/or song and I don't care if the idea sounds lame/preposterous/"selling out", etc. I want it. And shoot, Charlotte can join them as well for all I care.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 22, 2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:32 AM   #16
TheEggman
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4iiiis View Post
WOW…this just in….Julian is NONE too happy with his "2nd Dad" Sir Paul McCartney, nor others associated with these recent events. Check out Julian's latest post on his Facebook page:

I think he's taken it down now.
TheEggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:25 AM   #17
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Weird. Some of us were talking on Facebook about why Julian didnt appear to be at the wedding as he was in none of the pictures. We wondered why he wouldnt be invited and hoped maybe he was just busy or something and couldnt make it. I cant really judge on whether he should have posted that publicly or not. I suppose in hindsight that may not have been appropriate. And I certainly wouldnt blame Sean for any of it

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:58 AM   #18
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Yes, they do... and thank goodness for that. Because I have to admit, Scruffie, that I feel Julian's being a bit whiney... not a very classy tweet. (It is real, isn't it?)
Yes, I think Julian's being a bit whiney too, although I understand that he must have felt frustrated not being invited at Paul's wedding.

Well, it's getting more and more difficult for me to understand Paul's behaviour like getting married on John's birthday on the one hand, and on the other hand not inviting Julian; just don't get that

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:05 AM   #19
TheEggman
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
understand Paul's behaviour like getting married on John's birthday

Snoopy
Classic Macca bitchiness! ha ha ha It's like that story about when he was a kid and he was pissed with his parents so he went and ripped their curtains a little bit. I dunno. I kinda feel it was insenstive and perhaps deliberately so to get married on Johns birthday but who knows what went on in their heads when they were planning it.
TheEggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:18 AM   #20
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I wonder if there is some fact that we're missing. I mean, would Sean go, even as his mom's +1 if Julian had been purposely excluded for some nasty, petty reason? Maybe he knows something we don't. Or maybe not.

But hey, I guess if I forgot to invite or excluded somebody purposefully from a major event in my life and they went on a tirade about me on Facebook, I probably wouldn't be terribly inclined to make nice with them in the future either...