BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Default Paul McCartney Set to Marry Ladylove Nancy Shevell - wedding isn't near, it's here

Paul McCartney Set to Marry Ladylove Nancy Shevell
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2011 (EST)
For Beatles fans, the wedding isn't near, it's here. Paul McCartney and longtime love Nancy Shevell are reportedly tying the knot on his lavish estate in England.

http://www.sawfnews.com/Gossip/67583.aspx

For Beatles fans, the wedding isn't near, it's here. Paul McCartney and longtime love Nancy Shevell are reportedly tying the knot on his lavish estate in England.

An insider tells In Touch Weekly that the wine glasses and rental chairs have come, and also that the ceremony is going to be uber-private, with the guest list including only close pals and family members. The nuptials will occur in a matter of weeks, maybe sooner than that.

A grand reception in New York is also in the works, for the couple's friends across the pond.

This will be the 69-year-old singer's third union, his first being to photographer Linda Eastman in 1969, and the second to model Heather Mills in 2002. Shevell, 51, an executive in her family firm, was previously married to a lawyer based in New York.

Shevell is apparently popular with McCartney's children, with designer Stella stating in an interview that she was happy for her dad.

McCartney started dating Shevell during the summer of 2007, while his divorce with Heather Mills was underway.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Dr. Robert

Sounds like a Shotgun wedding to me..
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:38 PM   #4
beatlelover45223

Cool

Congratulations Paul & Nancy!

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:51 PM   #5
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
I have a little more confidence in this marriage succeeding.
Oh, I agree 100%, but I ain't gonna lie... for me, it's just a little sad to think of Paul with anyone but Linda.

I wish him all happiness and a lifetime of love, and Nancy seems like a very good person, but... it will always be Paul & Linda to me.

Anyway, Mazel Tov, Paulie and Nancy!! And, as my dad says whenever anyone over 50 gets married, "You should buy a house across the street from a school... you know, be optimistic!"

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Last edited by Maia 66 : Sep 10, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:01 PM   #6
ringorrats
Fool On The Hill

yea, this marriage definetly seems to be based on friendship, a lot more than the last marriage. I wish Paul wouldn't rush so quickly tho, I like thinking he's engaged :) and this is his 5th enagement! but I wonder how Bea gets on with Nancy, I haven't heard anything about her in a long time.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:03 PM   #7
ringorrats
Fool On The Hill

Also, I wish I could find out what's Nancy's birthday, I like looking at people's zodiac signs compatibility, 95% of the time it's incredibly accurate.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:30 PM   #8
constance
Nowhere Man

Paul must really like being married...that last one would have scared off most people, me for sure...oh well, good luck to him, hope this one lasts the rest of his life.
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:50 AM   #9
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Best wishes to Nancy and congratulations to Paul!

Only they know what's right for them and it's wonderful that they found each other and can share lives of love. That's better than being alone and fortunately they found love.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 03:36 PM   #10
Colonel Angus
Dr. Robert

Let's hope there's no pre nup. That way if this one goes south and she cleans his clock, he'll have to remain touring and recording to recover the losses.

That being said, thanks Heather. It's been a great couple years for us fans.
Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 04:16 PM   #11
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringorrats View Post
Also, I wish I could find out what's Nancy's birthday, I like looking at people's zodiac signs compatibility, 95% of the time it's incredibly accurate.
I'm proof that ain't true. I've got the worst chart out there and yet my life isn't as bad as it's supposed to be at all. I do like watching astrolgers scream when they do my chart, though.

and my best friends are all oopposite signs of mine.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 04:17 PM   #12
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
Let's hope there's no pre nup. That way if this one goes south and she cleans his clock, he'll have to remain touring and recording to recover the losses.

That being said, thanks Heather. It's been a great couple years for us fans.
FUnnierst comment I've heard about Paul and Heather ever!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:56 AM   #13
hibgal
Sun King

Default Paul McCartney, Nancy Shevell to wed in London

Paul McCartney, Nancy Shevell to wed in London

Sep 16, 9:58 AM EDT

LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney is set to tie the knot at the venue where he first married more than 40 years ago. Officials said Friday that the former Beatle and fiancee Nancy Shevell have posted a notice of intention to marry at London's Marylebone Town Hall. Westminster Council, which oversees the venue, said the notice was posted Wednesday, meaning the couple could marry anytime after September 30. They have a year to hold the ceremony.

The document lists the musician under his full name, James Paul McCartney, and describes him as a "business executive." It gives the couple's address as McCartney's London home. Alison Cathcart, Westminster Council's superintendent registrar, said she would be officiating and was "delighted that Paul and Nancy have chosen Marylebone Town Hall for their special day. Lots of couples get married here because of the venue's reputation as a rock 'n' roll place to tie the knot and this ceremony will certainly continue that legacy," she said.

The century-old town hall is a modest venue, but its central London location means it has seen many celebrity weddings, including those of Beatles drummer Ringo Starr and Oasis singer Liam Gallagher. Couples can choose among the Yellow Room, which holds 20 people, the larger Blue Room, the Art Deco-influenced Purple Room and the wood-panelled Reception Room, which seats 100 guests.

McCartney, 69, married his first wife Linda at the venue in 1969. She died of cancer in 1998, and he later married Heather Mills. They divorced in 2008. The musician and Shevell have been dating for four years and announced their engagement in May.

It is the second marriage for 51-year-old Shevell. She was married for more than 20 years to attorney Bruce Blakeman and serves on the board of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority. She also is a vice president of a New Jersey-based trucking company owned by her father.

McCartney's spokesman, Stuart Bell, declined to comment on wedding plans.

Link to article

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:33 PM   #14
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Congrats to Paul. Let's certainly hope this one works out better than the marriage to Heather Mills.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:32 PM   #15
beatlelover45223

I read sometime the end of Sept; was when they actually planned to wed.
Definitely will be a simple ceremony, as long as word doesn't get out!
My best wishes Paul & Nancy.

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:47 PM   #16
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Best wishes to Nancy and congratulations to Paul!

PAUL McCARTNEY POSTS WEDDING NOTICE - from cnn.com

Paul McCartney will wed fiancée Nancy Shevell at the same venue he married late wife Linda, it was revealed Friday.

The musician, 69, and Shevell, 51, who announced their engagement in May, have posted their notice that they intend to get married at the Old Marylebone Town Hall, in London.

Earlier this week the couple met with Superintendent Registrar Alison Cathcart, and the notice -- sometimes called banns -- was made on Wednesday. The actual wedding date has not been announced, but there has been speculation they will wed in October.

The meeting with the couple "was all a bit last minute. I had no prior warning," Cathcart, who has been Westminster City Council's Superintendent Registrar for nearly 20 years and expects to conduct the McCartney-Shevell ceremony, tells PEOPLE. "They were lovely, very relaxed and very charming and clearly in love with each other," she revealed. "They were excited."

Of the Old Town Hall, Cathcart says, "We have been called the Rock-and-Roll Venue, and that's a legacy of the Beatles because also Ringo Starr got married here. People like Liam Gallagher chose to get married here because of the Beatles connection ... a lot of people do."

She adds, "It's such an iconic building, and part of that is the knowledge that Paul McCartney chose to marry [first wife, Linda Eastman, in 1969] here, and to think that he's doing it again is just incredible."

The venue, she says, contains "four rooms, ranging from seating 20, which is the yellow room, to the largest room, the reception room which holds 100. There are no firm details yet on which room they will use."

By having filed on Sept. 14, the couple can marry as early as Sept. 30, following a 16-day period of notice, the council confirms to PEOPLE.

They also have until Sept. 14, 2012, to fulfill their wish

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Paul McCartney's bride-to-be Nancy Shevell shops for wedding accessories

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1YWndJUfz

She is set to marry Sir Paul McCartney in London in just a few weeks time.

And Nancy Shevell is getting the final details in place ahead of her big day.

The future Mrs. McCartney was spotted browsing for tiaras at several hat stores in the Upper East Side area of Manhattan yesterday accompanied by a friend.

The 51-year-old was dressed casually in skinny jeans and a grey cardigan.

The naturally slim businesswoman looked thinner than usual as she strolled the upscale New York neighbourhood with a friend.

Sir Paul, 69, and his American fiance are set to wed at the same venue at which he married his first wife Linda McCartney over 40 years ago - Westminster Register Office.

The former Beatle posted banns at the Westminster branch, meaning they could marry there as soon as next month.

His fiancee has said it will be a ‘small family affair’ in contrast to the lavish £1.5 million ceremony when he married second wife Heather Mills.

Legally, the couple have a year from October 1 to marry in the venue, which is based in Marylebone Town Hall and is more commonly known as Marylebone Register Office. If they decide to wed elsewhere, they have to post new banns.

The 69-year-old — who divorced Heather Mills in 2008 — is expected to marry next month. All couples are required to give 16 days notice of their intention to marry.

In the document, Sir Paul describes his profession as a ‘business executive’ while his future wife — a multi-millionaire from her family transport business — says she is an ‘executive’.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:15 PM   #18
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Tiarras? Every women looks stupid in a tiarra. Don't do it, Nancy.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:30 PM   #19
constance
Nowhere Man

I was cracking up about the tiara. But maybe marrying a Beatle = royalty, or else because he is a "Sir." lol
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:05 PM   #20
carlacundari
Fool On The Hill

Cool Any pic of Nancy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
Paul McCartney, Nancy Shevell to wed in London

Sep 16, 9:58 AM EDT

LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney is set to tie the knot at the venue where he first married more than 40 years ago. Officials said Friday that the former Beatle and fiancee Nancy Shevell have posted a notice of intention to marry at London's Marylebone Town Hall. Westminster Council, which oversees the venue, said the notice was posted Wednesday, meaning the couple could marry anytime after September 30. They have a year to hold the ceremony.

The document lists the musician under his full name, James Paul McCartney, and describes him as a "business executive." It gives the couple's address as McCartney's London home. Alison Cathcart, Westminster Council's superintendent registrar, said she would be officiating and was "delighted that Paul and Nancy have chosen Marylebone Town Hall for their special day. Lots of couples get married here because of the venue's reputation as a rock 'n' roll place to tie the knot and this ceremony will certainly continue that legacy," she said.

The century-old town hall is a modest venue, but its central London location means it has seen many celebrity weddings, including those of Beatles drummer Ringo Starr and Oasis singer Liam Gallagher. Couples can choose among the Yellow Room, which holds 20 people, the larger Blue Room, the Art Deco-influenced Purple Room and the wood-panelled Reception Room, which seats 100 guests.

McCartney, 69, married his first wife Linda at the venue in 1969. She died of cancer in 1998, and he later married Heather Mills. They divorced in 2008. The musician and Shevell have been dating for four years and announced their engagement in May.

It is the second marriage for 51-year-old Shevell. She was married for more than 20 years to attorney Bruce Blakeman and serves on the board of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority. She also is a vice president of a New Jersey-based trucking company owned by her father.

McCartney's spokesman, Stuart Bell, declined to comment on wedding plans.

Link to article
any pic of Nancy ?
what kind of woman is she ?