BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:38 AM   #21
Maia 66
Sun King

Scruffie... what are they saying about this on Oh No They Didn't? Somehow I have a feeling they'll blame Yoko for this...

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:48 AM   #22
Apple Scruff
Sun King

You know me too well Maia. Someone posted Julian's status exactly as 4iiiis and people are basically saying Paul's a lick with a d. And shockingly someone posted the John tooth article and I expected an outpour of rage-filled attacks...but instead everyone who apparently likes John posted there because, get this, people were like, "I got my credit card out, where do I swipe?" And then there were posts of disgust over it being a gross tooth and how his fans would probably lick it () but ZERO John character attacks.

Yes hell has frozen over. Temporarily.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 23, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:52 AM   #23
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
Yes hell has frozen over. Temporarily.
Well, it gives me some hope. Maybe these fans will start an Occupy St John's Wood!

All I want is the truth

Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:04 AM   #24
BeatleNut9
Wild Honey Pie

Someone made a good point about maybe Sean only being there to accompany Yoko, but I would like to think that that would prompt Cynthia to be invited so that Julian could accompany her and everyone could be happy! I guess that's in a perfect world... :|

I didn't think Julian was being whiney at all. Maybe it's just me, but I think all people deserve the right to express frustrations and he definitely should feel shafted and therefore angry. I think it's terrible he wasn't at any of those events! Oh well...that's just my opinion.

Thanks for posting this! I had no idea.
BeatleNut9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:46 AM   #25
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatleNut9 View Post
I didn't think Julian was being whiney at all. Maybe it's just me, but I think all people deserve the right to express frustrations and he definitely should feel shafted and therefore angry. I think it's terrible he wasn't at any of those events! Oh well...that's just my opinion.
Your opinion matters. To me, the post of Julian's was worded in a way that made him sound whiney, but in this case- and given the romanticism so many place on the Paul/Julian relationship (not I of course)- it just seems rather tacky that Paul didn't extend an invite. And Julian is in New York to boot!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:54 AM   #26
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Well, nothing new re: this matter except on Julian's FB page he said goodnight to everyone "even the haters" and then he posted this with a wink eye:

Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:25 PM   #27
Georgie Girl
Sun King

I wonder how many of those famous people were actually invited and how many just showed up and were accommodated because they were famous.

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:18 PM   #28
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
I wonder how many of those famous people were actually invited and how many just showed up and were accommodated because they were famous.
How embarrassing for them.

But somehow I doubt Macca would allow it.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 02:10 PM   #29
Fabfan6270
Fool On The Hill

It seems as if Julian is always looking for praise and acceptance but if things don't go his way he sort of has a breakdown of sorts and goes off on FB. I've seen this in the past. There must have been a reason why he and his mother weren't invited to the wedding reception or premiere of the George Harrison film. He surely didn't encourage Paul or Olivia yesterday.
Fabfan6270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 02:30 PM   #30
Apple Scruff
Sun King

It's very typical Julian behavior to throw tantrums and air his feelings openly. Very. But this particular outburst appears to be the result of some pent-up anger/frustration seemingly directed at (mostly) Paul. Also, he was reacting to their apparent snubs, not trying to redeem himself to them. These events have all passed. They were the ones who didn't invite him, for reasons beyond our knowledge.

It reminds me of when Jules was going through his meltdown in 1999 and someone on Sean's board brought it up to him that Julian had b1tched about Yoko. Sean was like, "when you have family drama, it happens. Leave him alone. No one knows us."
Old Oct 23, 2011, 03:43 PM   #31
ringorrats
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
Well, it's getting more and more difficult for me to understand Paul's behaviour like getting married on John's birthday on the one hand, and on the other hand not inviting Julian; just don't get that

Snoopy
yes, exactly, I don't understand Paul and I wish someone would explain. And not even the George Harrison movie event? Poor Jules, being treated like the red headed stepchild, I'd feel like crap too.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 04:37 PM   #32
4iiiis
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
It's very typical Julian behavior to throw tantrums and air his feelings openly. Very. But this particular outburst appears to be the result of some pent-up anger/frustration seemingly directed at (mostly) Paul. Also, he was reacting to their apparent snubs, not trying to redeem himself to them. These events have all passed. They were the ones who didn't invite him, for reasons beyond our knowledge.

It reminds me of when Jules was going through his meltdown in 1999 and someone on Sean's board brought it up to him that Julian had b1tched about Yoko. Sean was like, "when you have family drama, it happens. Leave him alone. No one knows us."
I remember reading an article recently from Sean where he was defending Julian's behavior about some slight that was getting press at the time. Sean basically pointed out that it was perfectly normal and understandable for Julian to react that way, and that not everyone has the ignominious privilege of having all of their family's dirty laundry out for all to see.

Even though I detest Facebook/Twitter, I think Julian had every right to call that bassturd Paul out for whatever role he had in the snubbing of him & his Mom on that forum. I would be willing to bet he is still seething over Paul's choice of a wedding date. Paul is all for Paul and he will never change. Even in his old age he still hangs on to his selfish ways. I guess though, that by now Julian, Sean & Yoko should be used to his behavior, huh?
4iiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:10 PM   #33
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4iiiis View Post
I remember reading an article recently from Sean where he was defending Julian's behavior about some slight that was getting press at the time. Sean basically pointed out that it was perfectly normal and understandable for Julian to react that way, and that not everyone has the ignominious privilege of having all of their family's dirty laundry out for all to see.
This could have been the same one! Anyway, Sean went to great lengths to express that, also, contrary to "some" people's understanding, Julian and he had never not been close and that they used to live together in LA. I had no idea of that myself (and why would I?).

Which basically shows that we as fans don't really know the full details of these situations. It could have all been a grave misunderstanding, as Sean put it, or it could have been a straight-up snub as Julian seems to feel. Either way, we all know he isn't one to keep his mouth shut when he's upset so his post outburst is totally in line with his character. You all remember what happened last December 8th? It's just typical Julian. He's a good sort though, just a little hot-headed. Like some father of his we know so well.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Oct 23, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:29 PM   #34
wildewoman
Taxman

Default SIGH....

This is why I am a bigger fan of Sean than Julian. Well, that and the fact that I think Sean has a lot more talent.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:31 PM   #35
wildewoman
Taxman

Default and as for Sir Paul....

Dude, why are you still competing with a man who's been dead for nearly 31 years? Grow up.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:34 PM   #36
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
This is why I am a bigger fan of Sean than Julian. Well, that and the fact that I think Sean has a lot more talent.
Ugh, wilde...you have no idea how much I adore Sean and his incredible music. He is just a breath of fresh air and such a sweetheart. I was transfixed at all his live shows that I have seen. And I still say that all the Sean "haters" I have encountered have no idea about his music other than labeling his voice "high" without hearing much of it, and calling him a "hipster" based on his style of dress. He just has that kind of personality that is so much fun!

***Quick Sean diversion***

(Skip to 4:11 when Sharon shares a little surprise with Sean- why you so cute Sean????!!!???)

Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:34 PM   #37
wildewoman
Taxman

Default And lastly, Yoko had nothing to do with the invites...

...so anyone tempted to go down that road can just stop it, right here! So says me, who obviously has an enormous influence in any of this.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:37 PM   #38
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
...so anyone tempted to go down that road can just stop it, right here! So says me, who obviously has an enormous influence in any of this.
On Julian's FB page I believe people were going down that road on both Yoko and Sean, so Julian deleted the post.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:39 PM   #39
wildewoman
Taxman

My longtime companion Michael and I had the opportunity to see Sean at the El Rey when he was promoting Friendly Fire. We were so very impressed by him. He's a very good musician.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:03 PM   #40
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:

and as for Sir Paul....
Dude, why are you still competing with a man who's been dead for nearly 31 years? Grow up.
Ditto... and ditto.

All I want is the truth