BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:45 PM   #21
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

Actually, it's not so much the no religion - I'm not religious. More so the no heaven or hell line from Imagine.

Right off the top I can't think of anything. Personally, I'd love to sit down and have a pint or two of Guinness with Johnny. I think he'd have been really fun to chat with about a multitude of subjects besides the music or the Beatles. I love him a ton!

"Everything else can wait, but the search for God cannot wait." -- George Harrison
JonnyLytnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:05 PM   #22
raul
Paperback Writer

why no heaven or hell? im curious, thats all.

I'd like to talk to him too...he suits me better than any other man. I mean I like his character.

haha yeah, me too, i love him a ton! and agree with everything you said.

Legs
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:33 PM   #23
Reverend Rock
Wild Honey Pie

I believe in Jesus, but I'm not one of those crazies you hear about in the news.

"There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be."
Reverend Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:25 AM   #24
raul
Paperback Writer

haha ok

Legs
Old Apr 28, 2010, 01:22 AM   #25
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
why no heaven or hell? im curious, thats all.
Just that my belief in the reality of said places is strong enough that I no more wish to imagine that these places do not exist than any other real place.

Now, in another way of looking at the words, I'd like to imagine no "heaven" and/or "hell" as terms used as a means of enticing or scaring others to believe one way or another regarding matters of faith. For far too long religions have been preying on the selfish and/or the fearful by using these terms to lead people in a "confession of faith" that they may not truly mean. I say this as one who was raised in a "hell-fire and brimstone" preaching Baptist congregation. I have seen many agree to follow Christianity because they (a) don't want to burn in a devil's hell OR (b) because they want to inherit the joys of Heaven (ie: no more pain, suffering, the promise of seeing their deceased families, etc.). Many of those same people who agreed to follow Christianity for said reasons have turned their back on their profession of faith in word and/or in deed. From what I understand, selfishness and fear are not the way to God.

Sorry for the soapbox speech. I certainly don't want to hijack the thread.

"Everything else can wait, but the search for God cannot wait." -- George Harrison
Old Apr 28, 2010, 01:23 AM   #26
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rock View Post
I believe in Jesus, but I'm not one of those crazies you hear about in the news.
From what I've seen on the news, that's probably a good thing

Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:00 AM   #27
raul
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyLytnin View Post
Just that my belief in the reality of said places is strong enough that I no more wish to imagine that these places do not exist than any other real place.

Now, in another way of looking at the words, I'd like to imagine no "heaven" and/or "hell" as terms used as a means of enticing or scaring others to believe one way or another regarding matters of faith. For far too long religions have been preying on the selfish and/or the fearful by using these terms to lead people in a "confession of faith" that they may not truly mean. I say this as one who was raised in a "hell-fire and brimstone" preaching Baptist congregation. I have seen many agree to follow Christianity because they (a) don't want to burn in a devil's hell OR (b) because they want to inherit the joys of Heaven (ie: no more pain, suffering, the promise of seeing their deceased families, etc.). Many of those same people who agreed to follow Christianity for said reasons have turned their back on their profession of faith in word and/or in deed. From what I understand, selfishness and fear are not the way to God.

Sorry for the soapbox speech. I certainly don't want to hijack the thread.
oh, yeah, absolutely, hell was 'invented' by the church, as far as I know, in order to intimidate people, so that they don't kill someone, cause if you do, you'll go to hell. Just another manipulation from those who hold power. Just look at the crusades! I believe that the concepts of Christ and Alah were, I'm not sure at all, I actually believe that Christ existed, but he and his teachings were abused cause they knew that there will be many followers and it all ended in a massive bloodshell (actually I Think the war between Christians and Pagans begun as early as 2 centuries after the crucifiction, and it grew into such proportions that it threatened to tear Rome appart). ...and the same war of two concepts has been going on ever since. Look at Iraq! I mean even 9/11 happened cause of them. I really believe that there are evil people who control the world, and have been controling it all this time through 2 concepts. They need war because to wage it one needs a weapon, and it all comes down to that-profit from the weapon industry. Reducing the number of living people suits them too, especially today, cause the world is overpopulated. I believe, however, that they saw in centuries after Middle Ages that it's not profitable any more, and that's when french revolution took place. I believe that its true goal was to destroy christianity, and not this 'democracy' bs. As Churchill said, democracy is the worst form of rullership...except all others. They decided in 1789 it's time for anarchy and the world has been heading toward it ever since. We're very close now to total anarchy, id say, given that the progression is exponential.

i agree with what you said, at least the part i understood.

no, it's ok about the soapbox

Legs
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:19 AM   #28
Nowhere Anne
Wild Honey Pie

Smile Hello Goodbye

Quote:
hey, no hard feelings, ok? to make it absolutely clear, i thought we we're just having fun, and i didn't take any of this thread seriosly AT ALL. I certainly didn't mean to hurt you, or offend you, Brits are among my fav nations, honestly. I crossed the line, and I appologize once more.
Thank you raul. Maybe I over-reacted a little. Your joke may have been more clear if you had included, for example, a friendly emoticon. Anyway, have fun on the forums!
Nowhere Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:23 AM   #29
raul
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere Anne View Post
Thank you raul. Maybe I over-reacted a little. Your joke may have been more clear if you had included, for example, a friendly emoticon. Anyway, have fun on the forums!
welcome. i know that about emoticons. I'll start using them right now.

thanx, you have fun too

Legs
Old Apr 28, 2010, 01:32 PM   #30
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

I believe in Jesus Christ. He is my Lord and Savior and my best friend and He died for my sins. I can't imagine that love. It keeps me going every day.
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009

Last edited by MaccaGirl2891 : Apr 28, 2010 at 01:32 PM.
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 01:36 PM   #31
The_Taxman
Rocky Raccoon

Send a message via AIM to The_Taxman

I just believe in me.

Yoko and me.

That's reality.

Wait, what?!! Truthfully I believe, like the above poster, that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior, but I don't agree with many things the church says, such as homosexuality is wrong. I guess you could call me an independent Christian.
The_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:15 PM   #32
raul
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaGirl2891 View Post
I believe in Jesus Christ. He is my Lord and Savior and my best friend and He died for my sins. I can't imagine that love. It keeps me going every day.
Good to hear he gives you strenght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Taxman View Post
I just believe in me.

Yoko and me.

That's reality.

Wait, what?!! Truthfully I believe, like the above poster, that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior, but I don't agree with many things the church says, such as homosexuality is wrong. I guess you could call me an independent Christian.
haha

Yeah, I agree with you.

Legs
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:40 PM   #33
PepperlandFrog
Banned

PepperlandFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:47 PM   #34
raul
Paperback Writer

cool. I heard this song gazzilion times, and this is the first time i liked it.

Legs
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:54 PM   #35
PepperlandFrog
Banned

Quote:
cool. I heard this song gazzilion times, and this is the first time i liked it.
yeah i know that video really makes it happen, i don't know how anyone could not like that song actually. the lyrics are pretty tongue in cheek.

Last edited by PepperlandFrog : Apr 28, 2010 at 07:36 PM.
PepperlandFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:30 PM   #36
raul
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperlandFrog View Post
yeah i know that video really made it happen.
I think I saw the video before...must be something else. Are you using hypnosis?

Legs