BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Act Naturally

Old Sep 04, 2007, 02:15 AM   #1
LinkTGF
Apple Scruff

Default Let It Be: The DVD?

So who here can't wait for the supposed release of this and Help! in the fall? Me, certainly, but I hope that they do something special for both releases:

Special features for LIB like deleted scenes or even a whole new cut of the film
More special features for Help! that we didn't get on the MPI release
Double disced like the Miramax AHDN release
Original aspect ratio for LIB instead of the supercropped, blown up monstrosity that was on Laserdisc
Commentary for LIB (preferably Ringo and Paul, maybe audio of John and George thrown in of their thoughts on the film if they ever spoke about it in interviews - I'd settle for Neil Aspinall or Michael Lindsay-Hogg though in a pinch)
Commentary on Help! by the 2 remaining of the fab four

Anyone else agree or have any other suggestions for special features on either one?

I Buried Paul... There I Admit It, I'll Even Tell You Where, Outside Behind Abbey Road Studios, It Was Great Fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
Man, when I hear songs like "All You Need Is Love" and "Let It Be" it makes me want to grab a baseball bat and go out to crack some skulls!
LinkTGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 07:31 AM   #2
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

We've heard the rumors for so many years now, but has the Let It Be DVD been officially announced yet? My guess is that with Help! coming out this year, Let It Be has been once again thrown downstairs. I would guess Magical Mystery Tour would be the next DVD, with Let It Be coming out sometime in 2058.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Pepperland Kamer
Dr. Robert

Really, the release schedule Apple follows is confusing and frustrating. They could have released Help In 2005 for its 40th anniversary, then they would have had this xmas season open to release MMT for its 40th.....and since its taken so long already...why not relase LIB in 09 for its 40th as well? Thats not even including the many many other missed oppurtunities. I'm so glad Help is coming though. If there not really looking to celebrate milestones, then why not just get it all out already? I guess from a business standpoint, thats not such a smart idea....Oh well, with the new boss at Apple who knows whats going to happen.

But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.

Nothing Is Beatle-Proof!!
Pepperland Kamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 03:06 PM   #4
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

LinkTGF, commentaries would be a great idea, though probably unlikely from Paul or Ringo.

Definitely, a better transfer is a must.
Old Sep 04, 2007, 05:14 PM   #6
LinkTGF
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Last I heard was that "Let It Be" will follow close behind the release of "Help!" which is coming this Fall - and is upon us now!
I've heard that too, probably from here, but last I heard was that it was supposed to be released winter 07 or so

I Buried Paul... There I Admit It, I'll Even Tell You Where, Outside Behind Abbey Road Studios, It Was Great Fun.

Quote:
Man, when I hear songs like "All You Need Is Love" and "Let It Be" it makes me want to grab a baseball bat and go out to crack some skulls!
Old Sep 04, 2007, 07:16 PM   #7
LinkTGF
Apple Scruff

I think I may have found a bit more of a substantial claim that Let It Be might be released in the near future...

The web designer that does the Beatles website has this to so say on their website ( http://www.outsideline.co.uk/ ):

"The Beatles website is split into a range of unique portals that we have designed for each project; so far there are two, and we are currently working on a third for Let It Be..."

Hopefully this might mean something special :)

Quote:

Last edited by LinkTGF : Sep 04, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2007, 08:02 PM   #8
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

Indeed, the designer's comments suggest the LIB project is next up. Cool.
Old Sep 05, 2007, 12:06 PM   #9
Legs
Sun King

I refrain from any comments till it's in the shops and I really can I buy it.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2007, 01:16 PM   #10
Terri Norris
Fool On The Hill

I think the designer is referring to Let it Be...Naked. Around the time that Naked was out I think there were basically two portals on The Beatles site, for One, Anthology, and then Naked followed. Now there are many portals on the site, including one for the Let it Be movie.
Terri Norris is offline   Reply With Quote