BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Did George Harrison have an affair with Madonna ?

Mail Online
September 10, 2011
Did George Harrison have an affair with Madonna ? Explosive film reveals new side to Beatles star

Another night of chaos and excess at Friar Park, George Harrison’s immense Victorian Gothic home in Henley, was seen through a haze of dope, cocaine and alcohol.As the evening in 1973 drew to a close, Harrison’s friend and houseguest Ronnie Wood took him aside and told him that he intended to sleep with the former Beatle’s wife Pattie Boyd that evening.
Harrison’s response was to point to the room which Wood was sharing with his wife Krissie and say: ‘And I shall be sleeping there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Sep 09, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Hari's Chick

I was reading this earlier this evening. I'm not sure how much to believe, how much is from Olivia and Dhani, and how much is from the British Press.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:25 PM   #3
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

I think it will be good to finally see the doco and see how little all the "gossip" is featured, yet it made up 90% of the mainstream media press about it..They really are "animals!!"

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Sep 09, 2011 at 10:28 PM.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:26 PM   #4
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
I was reading this earlier this evening. I'm not sure how much to believe, how much is from Olivia and Dhani, and how much is from the British Press.

Yeah i am a little surprised by the 'turn' or 'talk' at least of some of this movie..In reality i figure this will probabaly make up about 5 minutes worth of the 3 and half hour movie and as George (and Olivia) like "the truth" i applaud them for their honesty..George would HATE a vanity or ego piece. However as we know the media love to sensationalise..sex and gossip sells so there is a bit of a field day going on..

As for Madonna, i really dont think so?! Despeite the view this article says about George 'reading Sean the Riot act' and treating Madonna with Kit Gloves i have heard George publicly critising Madonna and her beahviour,a nd he made it clear he was no fan. As for Sean penn he said he was a great guy and had many laughs with him..sounds like he was more friendly with him, and didnt really get along with Madonna. As for George i know he hadstandards, i mean her music was so bad George surely wouldnt have gone there!! :P

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:49 AM   #5
larainefan
Little Child

I have a hard time believing that as well, Madonna hardly seems his type at all. I always thought they didn't get on well at all during Shanghai Surprise, though of course they had to put up a united front during the press conferences. Didn't he tell one interviewer "she's just a pop star who thinks she is famous" and the interviewer said, "well, she is famous" and George said, "yeah, but not for anything important" or something to that effect.
larainefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:09 AM   #6
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Hey, at least all they're talking about is his rumoured affairs with women. Anyone read Tony Bramwell's Magical Mystery Tours?
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 07:36 AM   #7
constance
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
Hey, at least all they're talking about is his rumoured affairs with women. Anyone read Tony Bramwell's Magical Mystery Tours?
Yes I read it...also Ronnie Woods' book, where he is the one who mentions that part about Ronnie sleeping with Pattie while George went with his wife Chrissie...according to books like Bramwell's and others, all of the Beatles had lots of casual sex, married or not...
But I had never read anything about Madonna, except what a disaster the making of the film was for George's company...

(Ironically, Chrissie Wood was with Eric Clapton when Ronnie Wood took her away from him...and then she fell in love with Jimmy Page when Ronnie met his 2nd wife...so apparently the group of musicians and their women was fairly fluid...)

Last edited by constance : Sep 10, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Georgie Girl
Sun King

I like how the men are supposedly stealing the women from each other, when, really, the women are adding notches to their lipstick cases.

Pattie scored pretty big on George and Eric alone.

The west is
the best.

Last edited by Georgie Girl : Sep 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:47 PM   #9
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
Yeah I agree - hard to know how much is press and how much is direct from the family. Although I must say, there have been quite a few quotes from Olivia in the articles i have read. Either way, hopefully all will be revealed very soon! Saw a big poster advertising it all on the tube today - squeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:03 PM   #10
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

George Harrison devoted to other men's wives

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entert...-1226133711897

A NEW film about George Harrison hints that the former Beatle had an affair with Madonna, Britain's Daily Mail reports.

Another night of chaos and excess at Friar Park, George Harrison’s immense Victorian Gothic home in Henley, was seen through a haze of dope, cocaine and alcohol.

As the evening in 1973 drew to a close, Harrison’s friend and houseguest Ronnie Wood took him aside and told him that he intended to sleep with the former Beatle’s wife Pattie Boyd that evening.

Harrison’s response was to point to the room which Wood was sharing with his wife Krissie and say: "And I shall be sleeping there."

There was a moment on the landing when the two men looked at each other, on the threshold of the two bedrooms, and then they both went in.

Wood slept with Pattie, and Harrison slept with the Rolling Stone’s wife - and even took her off to Spain to meet Salvador Dali a few weeks later, which Wood found amusing.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

During this period, Harrison also slept with Ringo Starr’s wife Maureen, having announced during a dinner party - and in front of Pattie - that he wanted her.

Both Ringo and Pattie were greatly distressed, and Pattie in particular became annoyed by Maureen’s habit of turning up late at night and spending the evening in meditation with her husband, or locking herself away in a studio with him.

George Harrison with second wife, Olivia.

In turn, Pattie slept with Eric Clapton - and eventually the sweet-faced model, who had inspired the classics songs Something and Layla from her two lovers, left Harrison for Clapton in 1974.

In an interview, given for a forthcoming documentary film about Harrison, his close friend Clapton recalls that Harrison was "very cavalier" about the affair with Pattie, and almost gave him "carte blanche" to have sex with her.

"To be honest," Clapton says, shifting in his chair and looking embarrassed, "there was a lot of swapping and fooling around."

(Pattie’s take is rather less benign. She recalls: "That whole period was insane. Friar Park was a madhouse. We were all as drunk, stoned and single-minded as each other.")

It was surely not the intention of the documentary George Harrison: Living In The Material World to depict the Beatle as the prime mover in a sexual free-for-all.

But, driven by a desire to show the so‑called "quiet Beatle" in both "light and shade", it portrays him as a sensitive, spiritual man with serious weaknesses when it came to women.

Madonna flanked by then-husband Sean Penn and rumoured lover George during filming in 1986.

The film, directed by Martin Scorsese, runs for three-and-a-half hours and is in two parts.

It has just premiered at the Telluride documentary festival in America, and will be shown in its entirety on the BBC next month.

In it, Harrison’s second wife Olivia tells of "hiccups" in their marriage when her husband had affairs, even long after those crazy days of the early 1970s with Pattie were over.

With quiet dignity, she describes his attitude to women as "challenging".

They were married in 1978, a month after the birth of their son Dhani, and she was at his bedside when he died of cancer in 2001.

But in between those times, Olivia suggests that her husband had several affairs, which she endured, simply waiting for them to pass and forgiving him when they did.

"He liked women and women liked him," she says. "If he just said a couple of words to you, it would have a profound effect. It was hard to deal with someone who was so well loved," she said.

Sir Paul McCartney adds: "I don’t want to say much because he was a pal, but he liked the things that men like. He was red-blooded."

Red-blooded seems an understatement when it comes to Harrison, who had an abiding fondness for other men’s wives — much like his devotion to marijuana and sitar music.

Beatles expert Bill Harry told me this week: "George had hundreds and hundreds of affairs. John Lennon was probably the most highly-sexed Beatle, but I would put George next after him."

And in their tell-all book The Love You Make, two Beatles roadies, Peter Brown and Steven Gaines, assert: "He wanted to seduce every woman he laid eyes on."

But who were George Harrison’s other women?

Rather extraordinarily, more than one source suspects that he had a heavy flirtation with Madonna on the set of the 1986 film Shanghai Surprise, despite the presence of her first husband Sean Penn.

Certainly, Madonna was at the time deeply unhappy with Penn, and said she found Harrison, who was executive producer of the film, "very understanding and sympathetic".

He came to see them filming in Macau, and also met her several times in London before and after the production.
It was obvious that they got on well, even though the movie turned out to be such a disaster that it was dubbed "Flop Suey".

Madonna’s brother, Christopher Ciccone, noted that, although Harrison felt moved to "read the riot act" to Penn over his hostile and aggressive attitude during filming and gave the actor a stern ticking-off, he treated Madonna with "kid gloves".

During a press conference a few weeks after filming finished, he surprised everyone present by going on the attack over allegations that Madonna had been impossible to work with, passionately denouncing the assembled journalists as "animals".

It all seemed rather unlike the "quiet Beatle".
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:08 PM   #11
constance
Nowhere Man

Anyway I am really looking forward to the book and the movie...somehow I doubt that George's sexual escapades is really the entire focus of the prooject...just the part the media uses to entice the public. I wouldn't be surprised if all of this is a very small part of the whole.
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:47 PM   #12
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Don't be surrpised if the descriptions of George's affairs is a one minute sentance that is just Olivia's quote and that's that.

Love the vagueness of Paul's quote.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:39 PM   #13
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

George had a documented history of adultery, but whether or not he had an affair with the Material Girl may not be material that is accurate.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:47 PM   #14
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

I honestly couldn't care less either way. It is SO unimportant.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 02:09 PM   #15
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

It makes no difference if the Material Girl enjoyed George in the Material World.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:47 AM   #16
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse23 View Post
I honestly couldn't care less either way. It is SO unimportant.

My thoughts exactly.

www.metaltalk.net for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions
johnnymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:07 AM   #17
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
It makes no difference if the Material Girl enjoyed George in the Material World.
That was good, BB!

I can think of better people he could have had the hiccup with.

The west is
the best.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:12 AM   #18
larainefan
Little Child

In that article where Madonna's brother said George treated Madonna "with kid gloves"...well, of course he did, she was a very volatile person!
larainefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:32 AM   #19
VersusBatman
Sun King

She seemed to have a chip on her shoulder when it came to men.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:50 PM   #20
Georgie Girl
Sun King

One impression I've gotten after over 2 decades of Madonna is that she has no real personality and that everything she's ever done has been strictly for effect.

The west is
the best.