BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 06:26 AM   #41
Loka
Nowhere Man

Whow, thanks for making my day. I always say "No one should be prevented from taking a great chance because he/ she is disabled - and no one should be preferred because of the same reason." And they didn´t, she just danced worse than anybody else and got voted out! there is a God.
Now I hope so much that she doesn´t start anything else to crawl back into the spotlight - just get done with the divorce, people.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:35 AM   #42
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

We first heard about Heather getting the boot when we turned the channel from 'House' to 'Boston Legal' (which follows DWTS). When we saw the remaining dancers 'comforting' and hugging her, a HUGE cheer went up in our house, followed by a few hearty choruses of 'Ding dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch , the wicked witch is dead'!
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:38 AM   #43
Legs
Sun King

Good for you.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:43 AM   #44
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenamherst View Post
We first heard about Heather getting the boot when we turned the channel from 'House' to 'Boston Legal' (which follows DWTS). When we saw the remaining dancers 'comforting' and hugging her, a HUGE cheer went up in our house, followed by a few hearty choruses of 'Ding dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch , the wicked witch is dead'!
That is too funny! I definitely cheered, and then my away message on instant messenger last night was "ding dong, the witch is gone".

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 09:12 AM   #45
Loka
Nowhere Man

It was just fair and even TV proved to treat people equally - if there´s anyone who thinks she should have stayed because she had greater difficulties than anyone else, I can only say that I think she shouldn´t have competed at all.
I´m glad everything is over now and she stops polarizing McCartney-Fans worldwide.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:27 PM   #46
Maxine
Dr. Robert

I just read in a Finnish paper (that got their information from some British paper) that Heather has been offered £250.000 for appearing on the Celebrity Big Brother show. According to the article she has been allowed in a preliminary agreement to bring 6 fake legs into the Big Brother house (what she needs 6 legs for is beyond me). Heather is supposed to be excited about getting this chance to polish her image in the UK... Paul's not supposed to be very happy about her appearance on the show.

Now, I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, she's managed to take my disliking her to completely new levels. I guess we'll just have to wait and see whether or not this is really true.

Last edited by Maxine : Apr 26, 2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 08:08 AM   #47
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Heather was on Boston Legal?

Just kidding. Actually, I saw Heather's performance. I give her a lot of credit - she can bust moves I that I can't, such as those cool cartwheels.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : May 03, 2007 at 04:09 AM.
Old May 02, 2007, 03:53 PM   #48
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
I give her a lot of credit - she can bust moves I that I can't, such as those cool cartwheels.
I agree! I think she was great.
Old May 02, 2007, 09:16 PM   #49
beatlelover45223

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
I give her a lot of credit - she can bust moves I that I can't, such as those cool cartwheels.
I agree too!

~ Nancy ~
Old May 08, 2007, 08:27 AM   #50
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

I just received an alert from HSBC Arena in Buffalo about the forthcoming 'Dancing With The Stars Tour'. Heather was NOT on the list of dancers.
Old May 08, 2007, 10:07 AM   #51
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I just read in a Finnish paper (that got their information from some British paper) that Heather has been offered £250.000 for appearing on the Celebrity Big Brother show. According to the article she has been allowed in a preliminary agreement to bring 6 fake legs into the Big Brother house (what she needs 6 legs for is beyond me). Heather is supposed to be excited about getting this chance to polish her image in the UK... Paul's not supposed to be very happy about her appearance on the show.

Now, I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, she's managed to take my disliking her to completely new levels. I guess we'll just have to wait and see whether or not this is really true.
Perhaps I'm confused. I thought her work was for charity. Why are they going to pay her £250,000?
Old May 08, 2007, 11:44 PM   #52
Maxine
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha View Post
Perhaps I'm confused. I thought her work was for charity. Why are they going to pay her £250,000?
Yeah, that's the question. She's not supposed to be interested in money, so why bother... The media would probably love to have her on Big Brother to get new juicy stuff to write about... But actually the whole thing either isn't true at all or she declined the "honor", since we haven't heard anything about it in almost 2 weeks.
Old May 09, 2007, 05:11 AM   #53
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Yeah, that's the question. She's not supposed to be interested in money, so why bother... The media would probably love to have her on Big Brother to get new juicy stuff to write about... But actually the whole thing either isn't true at all or she declined the "honor", since we haven't heard anything about it in almost 2 weeks.
Ahhh thanks for the update!
Old May 10, 2007, 04:40 PM   #54
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
I agree! I think she was great.
Same here! I'm a horrible dancer so...Heather did very well
Old May 12, 2007, 04:06 AM   #55
peacenyc2004
Apple Scruff

I too thought that as a amateur dancer that Heather Mills did very well and if she does help any disabled people to push themselves more and to try to do more, that is great. On the level, it was a fine venue. However the show did nothing to distract from the fact she is a person with clear problems having healthy relationships with the men in her life and that when she turns on someone, it is swift, it is fast, and it is fierce. It did not detract from the fact she keeps stating she is capable of making her own way fiscally but is still holding out for multi-millions when she could turn any alimony down except for money for Beatrice. In other words, there are still many hypocritical behaviors. She courts attention. The statements about abuse and her and her sister's consistent leaking of this or that private info and documents reveals a dark side. I still maintain her reasons about being with Paul were all ego-driven and she knew going in that she would leave when "done"-- and I believe that she exaggerates what she does as a charity worker consistently. I also just do not perceive that she is capable of doing charity work in a quiet way as many are capable of doing such as Jeffrey Sachs. Her need for attention is quite strong, almost clinically neurotic. It can't be easy to be her--or to be involved in her orbit and what seems to be a distorted approach to life. Does anyone else find it odd that a lot of text on her website praising Paul as a husband and dismissing rumors their relationship is in trouble remains on her website to this day? I am sure his lawyer will have a field day with that info.
Old May 20, 2007, 03:17 AM   #56
Siobhan
Old Brown Shoe

Cick on the link to see the pics of Paul, Heather and Bea.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz1.shtml

THIS is the astonishing picture you thought you'd never see in the Macca v Mucca divorce war.

It's a case of I Thaw Her Standing There as Sir Paul gets an ice-breaking SMILE from Heather.
He lifts daughter Bea into the air to wave goodbye to Mummy after a friendly meeting at a restaurant.
And today we can reveal the pair have secretly hammered out a TRUCE in their bitter multi-million-pound battle—because they are WORRIED about the effect it's having on their three-year-old.
At their ten-minute summit on Friday at a London bistro they chatted amicably while Bea played—a far cry from past scenes. Just a few months ago nannies were sent to do the handovers because the child's parents couldn't stand the sight of each other.
The details of their We Can Work It Out settlement include:
A PLEDGE from Paul that his lawyers will push through a divorce deal in the next year that will leave Heather happy.
A PLAN to celebrate his 65th birthday next month TOGETHER at a special party with Bea.
A PROMISE from Heather, 39, that she'll ditch plans to forge a new career in America, easing Macca's fears she might fight to take Bea with her. A source close to the couple told us: "It's an amazing about-turn but they've both looked at their behaviour and vowed to get along for Bea's sake. They were becoming really worried that their rows and the tension between them would have an emotional effect on her.

This week Sir Paul said he felt there was light at the end of the tunnel over his divorce. "I'm going through great struggles, but I'm feeling pretty good. I have a lot of good support, particularly from my family," he said.

"In difficult moments like this, it's when a loving family shines through. We're pretty close anyway, but when you go into something difficult, it does actually bring you closer together."
He revealed how their shared love of Bea was ensuring he and Heather were giving peace a chance. "I've talked to a lot of people and everyone says you want to look at the positive ...my beautiful baby daughter," he said. "Both parents know there is something great that came out of our marriage even though it didn't work."
That was evident at Friday's rendezvous in St John's Wood. An onlooker said: "They sat there chatting away—everyone was astonished, especially considering how bitterly they've fought over their divorce. When they left they were side by side and seemed very friendly."
It was in sharp contrast to their last public meeting in October where the sour-faced pair barely spoke to each other at Bea's third birthday party.
Our source told us: "Paul has promised he'll settle the divorce by next spring and he's given her a £1 million interim payment. That's a huge relief for Heather who had debts to clear and was afraid that it would rumble on for years.

"Now she wants to do a family thing for Paul's birthday with Bea. When this was suggested a few weeks ago, Paul had a really negative view on it. But he's chilled out about things now, and is considering it.
"He does feel that as a dad it would be the right thing to do for Bea."
Heather has also set his mind at rest about moving to the US where she appeared on reality show Dancing With The Stars. "He was worried she'd try to settle there and take Bea," said our source. "But she's assured him she'll stay here."
So at last it seems the McCartneys are coming together, right now, over Bea.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:27 AM   #57
hibgal
Sun King

Good grief! I'm happy for them if Paul and Heather can iron out their differences, about time I'd say, but - must the writer bet on how many Beatles song titles he can squeeze into one article???
Old May 21, 2007, 07:15 PM   #58
Esmirelda
Sun King

Here's an article I just found.

Paul McCartney delays tour due to divorce
But Beatle promises live 'bits and pieces' in the meantime

20.May.07 10:39am
Paul McCartney will not mount a world tour until after his divorce is finalised.

The former Beatle is currently in the process of legally separating from second wife Heather Mills, and has decided not to hit the road in support of new album 'Memory Almost Full' until after proceedings are finalised.

"I'm going to do bits and pieces to support the album, but it won't be a major tour until possibly next year, and that's down to personal circumstances," McCartney told the Sunday Mirror.

The album is released on June 4, and although McCartney is expected to play some one-off shows it is unlikely a full tour - his first since 2005 - will now take place until next year.
Old May 22, 2007, 03:47 AM   #59
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

The above is why I was presonally pretty ticked at Heather for doing "Dancing with the Stars". While she dilly dallies and goes on a personal campaign to get people to like her, the divorce is drawn out and the longer we have to wait for a tour.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old May 22, 2007, 03:54 AM   #60
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Thumbs down

Quote:

I know this is probably just lies but I have to say that I think Celebrity Big Brother would NOT raise her UK profile one bit....I think it would make things so much worse. CBB can manipulate any footage they get and I think it is likely that they would jump on the bandwagon of Heather hatred and make her look even worse to the public. I mean even with someone that they love, this can happen - like on the last CBB with the Jade Goody saga.
Closed Thread