BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Dec 07, 2006, 05:09 AM   #41
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbi...ght/article.do

Heather tries to save money in £825m fight
By Robert Mendick, Evening Standard 07.12.06

Heather Mills: cutting costs
Interesting.

I wonder if Paul's lawyers are enjoying this. Surely they could actually do her serious harm if she doesn't have protection from her own lawyer? As much as I wish this would go away, I don't wish harm on Heather.

& cutting costs? Puh-leez! Why is she so worried about "saving" money! Isn't she getting enough to cover her divorce? Money isn't everything, dahling...! I guess this sort of backs the theory of her being "all about the money". So sad!

& lastly... if she wants this "abusive" man out of her life, blah blah blah... I would think it would be worth the money paid to a lawyer to totally ensure that this "violence" doesn't continue in my life.

I must be missing something, right?
Old Dec 07, 2006, 05:27 AM   #42
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Maybe I'm a little cynical, but it seems like it's probably less about cutting costs than it is about being a little dramatic and wanting to be in the spotlight in court.
Old Dec 07, 2006, 05:27 AM   #43
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
Maybe I'm a little cynical, but it seems like it's probably less about cutting costs than it is about being a little dramatic and wanting to be in the spotlight in court.
Well, there's another point I didn't think of... *sigh I'll be glad when it's over.
Old Dec 07, 2006, 06:23 AM   #44
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

There is a quote that "he who represents himself has fool for client." I am not saying that Heather is a fool, but I do think she is taking a big chance by choosing to represent herself instead of seeking an attorney.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 29, 2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2006, 09:05 AM   #45
NaomiMcCartney
Paperback Writer

Send a message via Yahoo to NaomiMcCartney

[quote=erinluv182;651093]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
Silly question, I know, but is that shirt for real or is it a trick picture to make a point? I think it's kinda funny, in a way, but I just wondered.

QUOTE]

The picture looks to be from the 2002 tour, judging from Paul's hair and his general appearance. Someone altered the photo to change what's on his shirt.
I see that too.

Old Dec 07, 2006, 03:09 PM   #46
paultodd
Fool On The Hill

Default Heather divorce Judge

The UK judiciary is always anxious to ensure the public are aware how fair and honest the members are.

A typical article refers to the "brilliant Mrs Justice Baron". Mrs Justice Baron was Florence Jacqueline Baron. Her chambers are at http://www.qeb.co.uk/history.html and if you wish to benefit from her brilliance you might best retain a barrister from those chambers which can be viewed at http://www.qeb.co.uk/barristers.html Michael Hosford-Tanner of those chambers appeared before his friend Mrs Justice Baron in ex parte applications against me which were subsequently alleged to be unlawful.

Similarly if you appear before the charming Judge Bruce Blair QC (and I would add that Blair seems to at least give a veneer of honesty and replies to correspondence efficiently so that Justice might be seen to be done) then you should consider using a barrister from his chambers. A chap called Richard Todd is a high flyer there. He represented my wife when her solicitors lied that she was on legal aid and thereby settled my divorce on the grounds of her admitted adultery because I would not get my costs. When it subsequently became apparent that she was not on legal aid he said he did not do non legally aided work.

Bruce Blair QC does seem half decent but it would be interesting if Richard Todd appeared before him. The unwholly cabal of the family court is at work and stinks. McCartney is rich pickings for the Chambers who share the income from him and his wife and then make Orders which best protect their continuing fee income from the solicitors they employ. Legally aided solicitors such as Osbornes of Camden Town deluge everyone with papers and charge more and more fees, then inundate the friendly chambers with whom they give many fee generating instructions with paperwork, thereby increasing costs all round on the gravy train. Those chambers then try to ensure they are before Judges who benefit from that fee income. A great game if you aren't one of the victims whether petitioner or respondent.

Good luck to the individual in this case who was a victim of fraudulent misrepresentation from day one........work that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...cc=picbox&ct=5

Heather's divorce court notes revealed in very public display
Last updated at 12:59pm on 29th November 2006

Heather Mills appears to have let slip further secrets of her £800 million divorce battle with Sir Paul McCartney.
She's been photographed clutching a ring folder on which she has scribbled a series of notes relating to her legal fight.

The notes suggest she is seeking a highly unusual court order - which lawyers say is mainly obtained in domestic violence cases - to keep Sir Paul out of the 'matrimonial home'.

The notes, clearly in view to photographers as Ms Mills walked towards Victoria Station, are headed: "I'm seeking an order for occupation of the matrimonial home."

It is then followed by three, numbered bullet points. The first says: "Continued access till divorce," while the second is illegible.

The third refers to a "contempt of court" and beneath it is written "ex parte application". The final piece of the page on view contains the name "The Honourable Mrs Justice Baron".

This implies the judge set to hear the case is Mrs Justice Baron QC, a brilliant divorce barrister appointed to the High Court in 2004.

Before becoming a judge, Florence Baron acted in a number of high-profile divorce cases, representing among others Victoria Spencer in her divorce from Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer.

It is not the first time Ms Mills has revealed details of the case. It was discovered she was being represented by Mishcon de Reya, the firm that represented Princess Diana in her divorce case, when a folder with the firm's name emblazoned upon it was photographed on her knee.

A leading family lawyer said today an occupation order was rare and usually only made in cases where domestic violence was a major issue. It is likely the order refers to her current home in Hove rather than the house in Peasmarsh, East Sussex, where McCartney lives.

Ms Mills, 38, has accused Sir Paul of being violent towards her on four occasions during their relationship in court papers leaked to the press. The former Beatle has vehemently denied the accusations.

Ms Mills and McCartney, 64, earlier this year promised an amicable divorce. But it has become one of the most bitterly contested of recent times.

What Heather scribbled down:

1: "I am seeking an order for occupation of the matrimonial home" An occupation order under part IV of the Family law Act 1996 is rare and usually obtained where domestic violence is an issue in divorce cases.

2: Continued access till divorce Likely to refer to her right to visit McCartney's current properties until divorce. It is not thought to refer to their daughter Beatrice.

3: Largely illegible

4: "Contempt of court. Ex parte application" Contempt of court may refer to the leaking of highly explosive court papers, in which she alleged he had being abusive towards her.

5: The Honourable Mrs Justice Baron This refers to Dame Florence Baron QC, appointed a High Court judge in 2004. "An absolutely brilliant barrister and reckoned an absolutely first rate judge," said a lawyer. Has she been appointed to the case?
Old Dec 07, 2006, 03:13 PM   #47
paultodd
Fool On The Hill

Default Self representation

Two other options. Getting the sympathy of the Court or trying too. The other possibility is her self belief and refusal to accept solicitors instructions that a particular application or conduct could not be supported by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
Old Dec 07, 2006, 03:24 PM   #48
paultodd
Fool On The Hill

Default Mrs Justice Baron - brilliant barrister

I have found the quote about Florence Baron when she was a barrister giving advice to a high profile divorce. The quote was made in Jersey Court proceedings I believe. Mrs Justice Baron has never seen fit to explain how instructing solicitors could have been so confused as to seek to alter an affidavit after it was sworn. Brilliant. Not held accountable. Good luck to the McCartners and maybe Paul should retain QEB Chambers if appearing before Mrs Justice Baron.........her colleagues would one assumes know how best to communicate their views to her favourably.

"“I turn now to Florence Baron’s observations regarding paras. 29–32 of the Matthews’ affidavit. As you know, the meeting with Florence Baron took place on June 15th, 2001. Lord Matthews swore the affidavit on June 8th, 2001. Are you really asking me whether, after the affidavit was sworn, we made changes to those paragraphs because of Florence Baron’s apparent concerns and then produced the ‘edited’ affidavit to the Royal Court as if it were the same affidavit that had been sworn on June 8th? You asked me to confirm precisely what issues in those paragraphs were thought to attract court sanction. Why ask me? I have no idea what was running through Florence Baron’s mind when she apparently made this comment. I drafted those paragraphs on the instructions of Lord Matthews and considered it entirely appropriate that they should be put before the Royal Court.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultodd View Post
The UK judiciary is always anxious to ensure the public are aware how fair and honest the members are.

A typical article refers to the "brilliant Mrs Justice Baron". Mrs Justice Baron was Florence Jacqueline Baron. Her chambers are at http://www.qeb.co.uk/history.html and if you wish to benefit from her brilliance you might best retain a barrister from those chambers which can be viewed at http://www.qeb.co.uk/barristers.html Michael Hosford-Tanner of those chambers appeared before his friend Mrs Justice Baron in ex parte applications against me which were subsequently alleged to be unlawful.

Similarly if you appear before the charming Judge Bruce Blair QC (and I would add that Blair seems to at least give a veneer of honesty and replies to correspondence efficiently so that Justice might be seen to be done) then you should consider using a barrister from his chambers. A chap called Richard Todd is a high flyer there. He represented my wife when her solicitors lied that she was on legal aid and thereby settled my divorce on the grounds of her admitted adultery because I would not get my costs. When it subsequently became apparent that she was not on legal aid he said he did not do non legally aided work.

Bruce Blair QC does seem half decent but it would be interesting if Richard Todd appeared before him. The unwholly cabal of the family court is at work and stinks. McCartney is rich pickings for the Chambers who share the income from him and his wife and then make Orders which best protect their continuing fee income from the solicitors they employ. Legally aided solicitors such as Osbornes of Camden Town deluge everyone with papers and charge more and more fees, then inundate the friendly chambers with whom they give many fee generating instructions with paperwork, thereby increasing costs all round on the gravy train. Those chambers then try to ensure they are before Judges who benefit from that fee income. A great game if you aren't one of the victims whether petitioner or respondent.

Good luck to the individual in this case who was a victim of fraudulent misrepresentation from day one........work that out.
Old Dec 07, 2006, 07:25 PM   #49
LittleDarlin909
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
There is a quote that "he who represents himself has fool ..." I am not saying that Heather is a fool, but I do think she is taking a big chance by choosing to represent herself instead of seeking an attorney.
I just think she's a fool

Just when you thought this couldn't get anymore twisted...

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 29, 2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2006, 09:03 AM   #50
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

This seems a foolish move by Heather. Especially considering the judge is a woman. It seems Heather is only capable of using her charms on men to totally blindside them. I fully expect, and hope, that Heather will fall flat on her face.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Dec 08, 2006, 07:51 PM   #51
Loka
Nowhere Man

I´m already wrapped up in my woollen blanket with popcorn, let the show begin! It´s gonna be the best comedy ever. Heather is going to speak for herself, where the hell are all the PR folks she hired to stop her?! I hope they´re going to turn this lawsuit into a "Michael Jackson" kinda TV show.
But on the other hand, poor Paul, she dragged the whole business even one level lower than it already was, and Paul´s dignity seems almost divine with every bit you read about her sad struggle.
Old Dec 08, 2006, 10:18 PM   #52
beatlebangs1964

I don't see this as a comedy. I see this as a tragedy. The strife and acrimony and dissolution of a marriage and the legal aspects are not funny to me because these are adversities in the lives of others. For all who say they care about Paul, I wonder why anybody would take pleasure in the end of his marriage.

As for turning it into a "Michael Jackson kind of show," let's hope it never reaches that point. Talk about ratcheting down many notches. I just think it is sad and hard on all involved and there is a lot of suffering as well. I'm not eating popcorn, avidly anticipating the latest in their divorce hearings. I am just hoping that things will turn out in everybody's best interest.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Dec 10, 2006, 05:40 AM   #53
peacenyc2004
Apple Scruff

It can only turn out for everybody's best interest if Ms. Mills starts to behave with compassion, decorum, discretion and get psychiatric assistance with her obvious pathological lying patterns. Then, and maybe then, things will calm down. As for Paul, he must close this door, learn from it, and move forward.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 07:33 PM   #54
BeatleGuy
Apple Scruff

I hope this article is true because Paul really needs to put this all behind him and continue making music for his fans :

MCCARTNEY TO GIVE MILLS A $235 MILLION DIVORCE PACKAGE

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY will give his estranged wife HEATHER MILLS a $235 million (GBP120 million) divorce package to safeguard his health, according to a British newspaper. The News Of The World reports the former BEATLE was urged to agree the deal by his daughters STELLA and MARY because they are concerned the bitter divorce battle is affecting his well being. The siblings reportedly told their father, "If this goes on, it could kill you. Being happy is more important than money." The newspaper claims MCCartney will publicly give his estranged wife a mere $19.5 million (GBP10 million), most of which she'll donate to charity. But she'll actually secure an enormous secret package including $5.9 million (GBP3 million) a year as a divorce settlement, $15.7 million (GBP8 million) to buy homes in America and Europe, $5.9 million (GBP3 million) for English accommodation and more than $3.9 million (GBP2 million) a year for staff and general expenses for the next 15 years. One of MCCartney's aides tells the newspaper, "It's a done deal and Paul is relieved."

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/art...ackage_1016082
SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY - McCARTNEY TO GIVE MILLS 'A $235 MILLION DIVORCE PACKAGE'
Old Dec 11, 2006, 02:11 AM   #55
karara bear
Apple Scruff

I am not very experienced in the subject of courts and divorce but ...

After reading posts .... some saying heather said paul was violent and abusive ?!?!?!?!
I really do not believe this for one moment !! i havn't missed anything have I ?
I mean Sir Paul McCartney can't be a violent man !!

and heather is really pushing it with the money !! come on give him a break, if this is effecting his health ( god i hope not ) then all this must stop.
If all is true and he is paying her then i feel it is for paul's best interest, he doesnt want to give it all up but if his health is in the balance .....

Well as long as paul and heather are alive and well and happy by the end of this i will be happy.
“You know, I'm not one of these people that just because I've done all that I now become Superman. You can't touch me. You know, you can touch me. I'm very, unfortunately, very reachable,” Sir Paul McCartney

Macca

BeatlesBabe

Last edited by karara bear : Dec 11, 2006 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Typo
Old Dec 11, 2006, 07:52 AM   #56
beatlebangs1964

Divorce can be extremely traumatic. I am not on anyone's side in this matter since I don't know the parties involved personally. From reading others' response, it's like a "defend Paul at all costs - he can't be A, B, or C" and I see people ready to leap on Heather. I personally don't feel comfortable with that, but perhaps that's just me.

It's like what Stephen Stills said in "For What it's Worth" - "there's battle lines being drawn, nobody's right if everybody's wrong" in that I see lines being drawn in the sand, but I am not taking anyone's side. Perhaps there is no right or wrong, just a difference in interests, needs and expectations. Marriage is all about expectations - if those expectations of a relationship are, for whatever reason(s) not met, then that is where problems arise. That having been said, I wish Paul and Heather, Bea and her older siblings well and I sincerely hope they all can move ahead with their lives for the better.

Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:02 PM   #57
beatlelover45223

Red face

wow, a good chunk of change if this is the case for 4 years of traveling all over the world, being given the star treatment by her husband, wow if only I had 1 million of that coming to me for the physical and mental abuse my body and mind have taken at my job of 35 years....

~ Nancy ~
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:56 AM   #58
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

I would gladly take just 4 years with the most handsome man on the face of the earth- don't need any of the money or all that jazz. Just him would be enough. Hopefully this whole chapter is over for him.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:00 AM   #59
NaomiMcCartney
Paperback Writer

Send a message via Yahoo to NaomiMcCartney

It's sad when any marriage ends. It can affect a child no matter how old he/she may be. Sure perhapes Beatris will forget about this whole divorce years from now, yet it still will affect her, it's all psychological.

At the same time it's better for her in the long run that her parents are getting divorced than it would be for her to see her parents fighting all the time. If Paul and Heather had decided to stay together for her sake she'd most likely become very emtionaly damaged.

What I don't get is why some parents decide to stay together just because they have kids when they are so unhappy by being together. It would be wonderful if some parents who had problems with their marriage would work it out through counceling, yet that doesn't always work out the way they'd expect, and yet they still stay together just because they have kids. I'd think they'd realise that it truly does affect their children to see them fighting all the time etc... Sometimes parents need to pay more close attention to their childrens emotional needs. Thank godness Paul and Heather sure did.

Old Dec 13, 2006, 05:26 AM   #60
dari
Apple Scruff

as a famous group once sang..." i don't care too much for money..money can't buy me love".
i think that heather's going to find this out soon enough. i predict she'll one day be a very old and lonely woman. then some young guy will likely find a way to take advantage of her. what goes around, comes around.
Closed Thread