BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Jul 22, 2005, 01:34 PM   #41
marie
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs
Can't say it's legal...
Well, I was sort of joking, but ... oh well, eh? It's been done. And the official debut date is the 26th, I believe, so we aren't being all that naughty.

Last edited by marie : Jul 22, 2005 at 01:35 PM.
marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 08:44 PM   #42
darkhorse
Sun King

I think I like it but I might want to wait for a better sounding version of it. I think he's drumming as well. But so far I've liked what I've heard.
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 02:49 PM   #43
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie
Well, I was sort of joking, but ... oh well, eh? It's been done. And the official debut date is the 26th, I believe, so we aren't being all that naughty.
... does anyone know if the single will include any non-album tracks ?
ABCKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 02:12 PM   #44
Joey
Fool On The Hill

Default Fine Line...Thumbs down

Heard the Fine Line mp3. Average Mccartney melody, although the chorus at the end of the song reminded me of the 70s Who. But, its another one of Paul's "message" songs (see Ebony & Ivory, Peace in the Neighborhood, Yound Boy etc.) that I dont particularly like. I prefer the irreverent Macca of the 70s who sang about love, people, places, and things whithout any message or ambigous lyrics. Just my preference.
Joey
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 03:02 AM   #45
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCKO
... let's just say that I MAY have been "mis-understood"...

I was NOT implying that Paul SHOULD have such people with him on one of his albums... or that it would be "better" if he did, or anything like that...

Heck, I was not even meaning that I would PREFER for him to do that... I was just asking the question..., for discussion's sake... just idly wondering myself why he had not repeated that (have a Steve Miller on a track, ect), not just on this new album, but on any the albums he's done...

I was just "suggesting" it, as in "hmm, why hasn't he done more often ?"

I don't care either way...

My best example to resume it (for me), is this...

I love the two "McCartney" albums (very "solo" efforts), but I also very much love "Off the ground" (very "group-like" album).

Or, as far as guest-stars, I really love "Young boy" (with Miller) but I can think of one or two songs, on which Paul had "big names" with him, that I REALLY don't like.

As long as it comes off "good" (and even that is subjective), I'm fine with it.

I was like that when I was a huuuuuuuuuuge ex-fab fan and it's even more so the case now that I'm not so much on their band-wagon...

It's like Roy (yeah, I just HAVE to mention him again, LOL), yes, I would have loved for him to do just one last song with Joe Melson on "Mystery Girl" but he didn't, and I'm fine with that, because the album came off great...
... however, though the word "should" is a bit strong, or seen to be strong, one can always say that he or she "wishes" that Paul do this or that on his album because, it just came to me... that WE buy the albums ($$$$) !

... so we should at least be able to give our opinions on how we think an album should be done.

Last edited by ABCKO : Jul 26, 2005 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:16 AM   #46
Legs
Sun King

Yes. But also you're a fan of the music he records, and if he didn't record albums that you like you wouldn't be a fan. But that isn't to say you can't be dissapointed by some albums.

And wishing Paul would record a sudden way isn't a guarnantee that it will be a good album, hence the examples I gave before. To come back to what you said about high profile artists. I don't think it would work anymore like it did with Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson. Besides yes it boosted the sales of those albums, but I can't say that the songs were among the best he ever did. Ofcourse that doesn't mean that the results would be bad if he record anyhing with an artist of today, but I can't see the need.

It's all very personal anyway, what one people wishes to see another one don't. Anyway the problem with me isn't discussing what we like to see, it was some examples of what I read lately that came off like Paul can never do any good. Its always he should do this, or he should do that. And I myself prefer to discuss an album once it has been released. All the talk about what the album should sound like got a bit to much.

Last edited by Legs : Jul 25, 2005 at 04:18 AM.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 02:34 AM   #47
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Yes. But also you're a fan of the music he records, and if he didn't record albums that you like you wouldn't be a fan. But that isn't to say you can't be dissapointed by some albums.

And wishing Paul would record a sudden way isn't a guarnantee that it will be a good album, hence the examples I gave before. To come back to what you said about high profile artists. I don't think it would work anymore like it did with Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson. Besides yes it boosted the sales of those albums, but I can't say that the songs were among the best he ever did. Ofcourse that doesn't mean that the results would be bad if he record anyhing with an artist of today, but I can't see the need.

It's all very personal anyway, what one people wishes to see another one don't. Anyway the problem with me isn't discussing what we like to see, it was some examples of what I read lately that came off like Paul can never do any good. Its always he should do this, or he should do that. And I myself prefer to discuss an album once it has been released. All the talk about what the album should sound like got a bit to much.
... what I meant was, we can always say that we WISH, for an album to be such-or-such a way...

And like I mentioned, I liked some of the "solo Paul" albums, and some of the "Paul with band" albums, so no... there is no "absolute" in these matters, only "personal preferences".

... and it's not just for Paul's albums...
Old Jul 26, 2005, 02:56 AM   #48
FPSHOT
Sun King

I can't wait till end of August when the album is out and you guys will be writing reviews...it's bound to be more fun than the average Donald Duck magazine...and believe me...that magazine is soooo funny...even though I wish they did more Micky Mouse stories...ooooopps...wrong word...

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 06:54 AM   #49
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

I just heard 'Fine Line' and I like it. Now I can't wait to hear the album. I went to aolmusic.com and heard it. They said it will be on their website for 24 hours.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 07:08 AM   #50
Loka
Nowhere Man

Default Fine Line

Hey, just noticed that the title rhymes...
Well, here´s the cover of the first (and only?) single "Fine Line"...

[IMG][/IMG]

...isn´t it SENSATIONAL?! Anyway, thought you might like to see it.
Did he draw it? What do you think? I saw quite good drawings by him, I think it was in the "Anthology" book...
...and why is it a right hand? WE lefthanders must stick together!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:17 AM   #51
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT
I can't wait till end of August when the album is out and you guys will be writing reviews...it's bound to be more fun than the average Donald Duck magazine...and believe me...that magazine is soooo funny...even though I wish they did more Micky Mouse stories...ooooopps...wrong word...
... ha, just like for "Choose Love", I won't exactly rush to get it when it comes out... unless I find out that he duets with "Left Wilbury" on one of the songs...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:19 AM   #52
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Yes. But also you're a fan of the music he records, and if he didn't record albums that you like you wouldn't be a fan.
... and I would then have been buying and enjoying someone else's albums instead...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 05:27 AM   #53
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Can't say it's legal, but thanks for the link! Thanks for the link. Yes It has that same feel as "Flaming Pie" but I hear more and different influences. Fantastic track, it rocks!
A few days late, but I FINALLY got to listen to it this morning and on first listen, I quite like it. I thought the lyrics were pretty good and it chugged along quite nicely. I'm looking forward to hearing it on better speakers than the tinny little ones attached to my work computer and hearing it louder than "barely audible, so as not to annoy the boss".
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:09 AM   #54
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I, too thought the lyrics were quite good and the song progressed well. It DOES bring "Flaming Pie" to mind, but it certainly stands on its own. All in all, I think this is quite a good work.

I personally don't feel I am in any position to dictate to Paul, whom I have the highest regard for as an artist what he should and should not record and the people he should and should not record with. While I didn't feel his songs with MJ or Stevie Wonder were among his best, neither did I feel that he should not have recorded with them. If there is any "should" involved, it is Paul should do whatever he feels is right and whatever his own Musical Muse is dicating to him. This is ALL subjective; just as I never cared for "Say, Say, Say" is not to dismiss the song altogether. Plenty of others like it; well and good. As for this newest collection, I will reserve all judgment until I hear it in its entirety. Already I am looking forward to this.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:38 AM   #55
Fluxus
Wild Honey Pie

Listen to "Fine Line" at:

www.paulmccartney.com/chaoscreation/

Sound much better than the dreary "Follow Me"
Fluxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:48 AM   #56
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

Talking

July 27, 2005

You can pre-order the audio CD SPECIAL EDITION of "Chaos And Creation In The Back Yard" with the BONUS DVD by clicking here (US and Canada)

Track Listings

1. Fine Line
2. How Kind of You
3. Jenny Wren
4. At the Mercy
5. Friends to Go
6. English Tea
7. Too Much Rain
8. Certain Softness
9. Riding to Vanity Fair
10. Follow Me
11. Promise to You Girl
12. This Never Happened Before
13. Anyway
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:53 AM   #57
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxus
Listen to "Fine Line" at:

www.paulmccartney.com/chaoscreation/

Sound much better than the dreary "Follow Me"
And it sounds better than the AOL first listen, in vocal terms.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:35 PM   #58
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia
July 27, 2005

Oh, it would be amazing if the album cover looked like this! I love this picture! Thanks for the post, Cecilia!

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:03 PM   #59
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

I think it would make an excellent album cover.
make a country dream come true
matt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2005, 01:18 PM   #60
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

Talking

August 4, 2005 -- Contact Music

McCARTNEY: 'MY NEW ALBUM IS BETTER THAN THE BEATLES' MUSIC'

Sir Paul McCartney is convinced his new solo album will prove more popular than any of the discs he made in legendary foursome The Beatles.

The 63-year-old expects his eagerly-awaited album "Chaos And Creation In The Back Yard" to become an instant hit when it's released next month and believes it will stand the test of time.

He says, "It could turn out to be one of the greatest things I've ever done.

"The songs are not over with quickly and I hope it means it's not going to be one of those albums that comes and goes. This one could hang around for a long, long time."