BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:33 PM   #1
copisetik
Fool On The Hill

Default Searching for an old favorite

Hello All,
I have been out of Beatles fan fiction for well over 10 years, but recently dived back in and am loving some of the new stuff I'm reading. Thanks for all the great rec's on this board! There is one old fic I am trying to track down though, and unfortunately it's like one of those half remembered songs that's difficult to describe, but none-the-less stuck in my head. So I am throwing out what few things I do remember in hopes that it might be able to jog someone's memory.

This was a Paul/OC female story. It was epic in length and spanned from before Hamburg until later in the band's career (I can't remember if it went post break up). The OC female was a friend of Stu's, and might have gone to Art School with him and John. This was not a supernatural tale but at one point I do remember the OC female being comforted by the ghost of John or Stu during a crisis (or at least thinking she was).

Not a whole lot to go on, but worth a shot, I figured.
copisetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:25 AM   #2
jonesingjay

You could try asking here, but you have to be a member to post.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3
copisetik
Fool On The Hill

Good tip, thanks!
copisetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Merri1
Fool On The Hill

Default Also Searching

The only fic I've found that covers that length of time and is similar to your description is "Like Dreamers Do" by S. Johnson (link here: http://likedreamersdo.batcave.net/main.html ).

I'm also searching for a lost fic - "Song and Dance" by Cream Tangerine (index here: http://webspace.webring.com/people/m...rine/song.html ). I've found the index list for the story and began reading Parts 1 - 8. Though the index list shows there were more parts published, every link after 8 is broken. I'd be extremely grateful if anyone happens to have a different link to this story, a way to contact the author, or even a copy they could email to me. I hate beginning such a well written story and not being able to finish.
Merri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Miss O'Dell
Dr. Robert

Cream Tangerine has a new website here: http://www.fab-fix.com/

Song and Dance isn't up yet, but I think she plans to add it soon. If you contact her she may get a move on if she knows she has people who'd like to read it :)

Be sure to visit the Beatles Fan Fiction Directory !!
...and Atom Retro - My day job!
Miss O'Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:56 PM   #6
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Default Fan fics

Hi all.
Song and Dance was tragically lost in its digital form, because the geniuses at the place where I worked then did a full memory wipeout of my comp, and clever me had no backup... so when geocities went down that went bye bye. IU do have a printed copy though and I am currently working on retyping it. considering it was over 500 pages long, it's gonna take a while... But it will be there. I'm actually THRILLED you pointed out where I could find AT LEAST the first eight chaptters, this story wasd massive and at least now I have much less to transcript...
You can find the rest of my work (there's plenty of new stuff, call me a nerd but I never stopped writing!!) at www.fab-fix.com
Thanks all !! Be sure to leave a comment. Love!!

Last edited by Cream Tangerine : Mar 12, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
Cream Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:24 AM   #7
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Be sure to check out www.rooftopsessions.com for fan fic of extraordinary caliber. The standards are high and the work is impressive. Rooftop Sessions should be the FIRST stop on the train!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Mar 13, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:11 PM   #8
Merri1
Fool On The Hill

Thank you all for replying so quickly! Creme Tangerine, of the hundreds of Beatles stories I've read so far, you are my favorite author. I think I've read every story of yours (or parts of stories) that can still be found - and believe me, some of them took a lot of searching and filtering through dead links! I absolutely love your writing and cannot wait to read all of Song and Dance!
Merri1 is offline   Reply With Quote