BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:03 AM   #181
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine9 View Post
JULIAN LENNON: STEPPING OUT OF THE SHADOWS: I offer him the banquette to sit on. ďSo I see the seating plan was arranged in advance, was it?Ē he asks with mock seriousness and a raised eyebrow. He laughs.
See what I mean about the humor, Scruffie? That statement is very much of a par with the 'stalker question' response he gives on his site FAQ. And I think that's Julian's problem. It doesn't always come through in writing when he's being ironic or silly. And then it just snowballs from there.

I liked the interview too, P9! He does cover some of what we've been talking about in this and the Julian FB threads. That urge/need to constantly stick up for mom, for instance. It's understandable. I've seen it in other guys who have become 'the man in the family' at too early an age. Too bad he doesn't have his own family to stick up for instead as it would balance things out a bit, me thinks.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:38 AM   #182
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
See what I mean about the humor, Scruffie? That statement is very much of a par with the 'stalker question' response he gives on his site FAQ. And I think that's Julian's problem. It doesn't always come through in writing when he's being ironic or silly. And then it just snowballs from there.

I liked the interview too, P9! He does cover some of what we've been talking about in this and the Julian FB threads. That urge/need to constantly stick up for mom, for instance. It's understandable. I've seen it in other guys who have become 'the man in the family' at too early an age. Too bad he doesn't have his own family to stick up for instead as it would balance things out a bit, me thinks.
I agree hib. The article was well done and I came out of it having a much better understanding of Julian's personality and humor. I also see that, when you let him be, he's more than happy to refer to his dad in a positive way. But people who throw it out at him on the get-go and never drop it probably just create more tension in him.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:44 AM   #183
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
I also see that, when you let him be, he's more than happy to refer to his dad in a positive way. But people who throw it out at him on the get-go and never drop it probably just create more tension in him.
Well, who can blame him for asking himself if these people are sincerely interested in HIM and HIS music or are simply using him to get to John? I would certainly wonder. And not like it!

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:16 PM   #184
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Julian Lennon's Music

Metro.co.uk
April 5, 2012
Julian Lennon: I don't regret following dad John into the music industry

Julian Lennon, son of John and Cynthia Lennon and pop star in his own right, talks to Metro about comparisons with his dad, his photography career and people's misconceptions of him.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/895220-...music-industry
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:35 PM   #185
hibgal
Sun King

Default Do it all yourself

Thanks for posting the article, P9.

Quote:
What are peopleís misconceptions of you?

That I lounge around doing nothing. I work every day, either on music or on the photography, putting exhibitions together or working on websites.
No wonder he rarely records if he do all his promo, websites, FB etc. etc. himself! Frankly, it's really too much for one person.

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:11 PM   #186
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Another brilliant little Jules article! I wish they would put out more of these. Hib and Peregrine, Julian turns 49 on Sunday (one day after our beloved Fly) and I think his new video will be released on that day. But also, since John's first bb is turning almost-50, a thread with spam is in order. What do you think? Should I?
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:16 PM   #187
hibgal
Sun King

What? You're going to REMIND the poor guy he's getting old???

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:19 PM   #188
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
What? You're going to REMIND the poor guy he's getting old???
Yes. With tons of pics and vids and gifs. Why not? I admit, he can be a moody little bugger but I do love him. He has a sweetness about him that I dig. I guess it's because I've sort of loved him since I was little...nostalgia and that voice.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:35 PM   #189
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
But also, since John's first bb is turning almost-50, a thread with spam is in order. What do you think? Should I?
Please don't... since I'm just a month behind him, it would only serve to depress me!!

[j/k, Scruffie... post whatever you're inspired to post.]

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:39 PM   #190
hibgal
Sun King

I see what this is all about. Scruffie is going to beat into poor Jules head that he's not getting any younger so get his butt (err.... ) into gear and do something about having those kids!

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:46 PM   #191
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Well, yes. I've already decided John should have a grandson and granddaughter and would very much like Julian to be responsible for one of those.

But I promise to celebrate his youth, Maia! 49 is the new 19!!!

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Apr 05, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:53 AM   #192
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Post Statues in honor of John

Quote:
Metro.co.uk
April 5, 2012
Julian Lennon: I don't regret following dad John into the music industry

Julian Lennon, son of John and Cynthia Lennon and pop star in his own right, talks to Metro about comparisons with his dad, his photography career and people's misconceptions of him.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/895220-...music-industry
Nice interview about Julian, thank's for sharing, Peregrine

I must say that I deeply understand his feelings in this statement:

"Another annoyance is seeing statues in honour of my dad, which is a nice sentiment but sometimes they donít look anything like him. Some of them are monstrous. Just because itís of a man with long hair, round glasses and a beard doesnít mean they look like him."

It's a pity, but often true I think

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:49 PM   #193
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Julian Lennon's music

Your welcome Snoopy.I'm glad to be of help.

BBC 2 Radio - Graham Norton Show
April 7, 2012
BBC Breakfast's Bill Turnbull and Julian Lennon guest

And Graham's second guest was Julian Lennon who revealed his frustrations with the music industry, explained his fascination with photography and treated us to a rare Radio 2 outing for Massive Attack's 'Teardrop'.

Availability: 7 days left to listen

Starts 2:30:59 minutes into the show.First Julian's new single is played then the interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01fbfyv

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Apr 07, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:30 PM   #194
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Your welcome Snoopy.I'm glad to be of help.

BBC 2 Radio - Graham Norton Show
April 7, 2012
BBC Breakfast's Bill Turnbull and Julian Lennon guest

And Graham's second guest was Julian Lennon who revealed his frustrations with the music industry, explained his fascination with photography and treated us to a rare Radio 2 outing for Massive Attack's 'Teardrop'.

Availability: 7 days left to listen

Starts 2:30:59 minutes into the show.First Julian's new single is played then the interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01fbfyv
I want bump this thread up.Because there are only a few days left to listen to this audio interview with Julian on BBC 2 radio.

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Apr 08, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:42 PM   #195
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Julian Lennon's Music

I have couple more new Julian Lennon articles that came out.That I want to post in his thread.

Examiner
April 8, 2012
Julian Lennon on his 49th birthday: Celebrating a milestone with a new single

Sunday, Julian Lennon celebrated his 49th birthday by lounging around his home in England. He described his own personal scene on Twitter, saying "Thanks to All for your Birthday wishes today! (Just at home in my jammies, working and rehearsing for upcoming live TV next week in the UK)."And then John and Cynthia's boy signed off with an x, a shorthand way to send a kiss to all his fans.The Lennons' kid, who also wrote on the microblogging site on his birthday that "there may be changes afoot," is just getting back into the music game after being away from this career for two decades. He recently dropped a new disc, called Everything Changes and hence why he probably said what he did in his most recent Tweet.

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-he...h-a-new-single

The Examiner
April 6, 2012
Julian Lennon says he's happy with his life, not mad at Paul McCartney

n two new interviews, Julian Lennon, who has just released a new single in the UK, "Guess It Was Me," says he's glad the way his life is now and is doing music the way he wants to.*"Iím trying to do it my way. For me to be happy in the business means I have to do it myself," he told UK Metro. *"Iíve only released (the single) in Britain. For the rest of the world, Iím thinking of just marketing it online and and releasing when I want to."

http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-n...paul-mccartney
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:46 PM   #196
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Contact Music
April 11, 2012
Julian Lennon - Julian Lennon Worried About Repeating John's 'Mistakes'

Julian Lennon didn't want to have children young because he was worried he would make the same ''mistakes'' his father John Lennon did. Julian Lennon doesn't want to repeat the ''mistakes'' his father John Lennon did.The 49-year-old singer was the result of the late Beatles legend's first marriage to Cynthia Powell, and he admits he always delayed having children because he did not want to do the same things his parents did when they were young.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/jul...stakes_1316105
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:48 AM   #197
wildewoman
Taxman

sigh
Well, at least he seems to realize that his father had his own problems to deal with and that John's "neglect" was not ALL ABOUT JULIAN. There were some mitigating factors.

That article is annoying because it makes it sound like John never saw Julian after Julian was 5 years old, which is blatantly untrue. There was something like a 3-year gap in which they didn't see each other, which is nothing to be proud of, but it wasn't total abandonment. It's misstatements like this that feed into all those people's misconceptions of John.

Last edited by wildewoman : Apr 12, 2012 at 05:52 AM.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:57 AM   #198
wildewoman
Taxman

The more I read about Julian Lennon, the more I respect the lovely, forgiving and understanding Vyvyan (Wilde) Holland. That poor kid had to change his own last NAME after the Wilde scandal, lost his mother when he was about 10, and was barred, legally, from contact with his own father. Now THAT's a tragic story; but the book he wrote on his father couldn't be more gentle and forgiving.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:25 AM   #199
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
The more I read about Julian Lennon, the more I respect the lovely, forgiving and understanding Vyvyan (Wilde) Holland. That poor kid had to change his own last NAME after the Wilde scandal, lost his mother when he was about 10, and was barred, legally, from contact with his own father. Now THAT's a tragic story; but the book he wrote on his father couldn't be more gentle and forgiving.
But see, wilde, Vyvyan probably had a similar mindset as his papa. He was probably understanding that geniuses are often fraught with a lot of tension in their personal lives, and the struggle to maintain a balance in some area- whether it be family or ego. It's not easy, and Wilde's son understood this. Julian, I'm afraid, was more than likely given too many "your father" talks by his lovely mother, and then he seems a tad self-centered anyways. And on top of that, his lovely brother had this phenomenal relationship with dad. Maybe that (hopefully fairly diminished) resentment would have been less so if John had just had an average relationship with Sean and was so-so. But John really went full-on with his parenting of Sean, which I commend, but his efforts to reach out to Julian are, I believe, now becoming more apparent to Jules.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:41 PM   #200
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I was going to bring this up as a discussion in my writers group, but maybe some of you here might find it interesting. I was recently thinking of the parallels between John and Julian and each's relationship with an absent parent. Both had parents that sort of abandoned them, and each regained that relationship as a teen only to lose said parent to a tradgedy.

In JOhn's case, Julia.
In Julian's case, John.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote