BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Not Only A Northern Song

Old Feb 22, 2004, 04:00 PM   #1
joelcrowservo
Dr. Robert

Default Duran Duran Songs

OK, about 3 peole might vote in this one, but since everyone else is having a swing at their favorite band, I wanna try your favorite Duran song. The new LP is due in September, so lets take a look back, shall we? And of course, if you have a fave not listed, go for it!

[size="1"][ Feb 22, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message Edited By: joelcrowservo ][/size]
joelcrowservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 05:24 PM   #2
bearkat77
Administrator

Default Re: Duran Duran Songs

Not much of a Duran Duran fan but I chose "A View To A Kill" because it's the title theme for a Bond movie.
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:02 AM   #3
FPSHOT
Sun King

I took "Save A Prayer" whereas that is one of my favorites of this band.

They did an awesome live version of Steve Harley's "Make Me Smile", which I came to via ABCKO (thanks mate).
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 02:30 AM   #4
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

As usual, my favorites are NOT there !
[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

There are many-many that I like, but to pick only one, I must go with "White lines" !

There's nothing I like more than a band (or a singer) that I used to like, which comes back after many years with one heck of a song.

And I don't mean a "commercial comeback", but just as far as I am concerned: summer of 1995, I thought Duran Duran had been dead (in every manner) for years buuuuuut when I heard "WL", YES, still arround and as good as ever !

Oh, and if I have to pick a Duran Duran original, I'd have to go with "Do you believe in shame" for "personal reasons" (I was a different man in 1989...).

[size="1"][ Feb 23, 2004, 02:33 AM: Message Edited By: ABCKO ][/size]
ABCKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 06:59 AM   #5
Danoota64
Wild Honey Pie

"HOLD BACK THE RAIN" great song!!

everybody, dance now...
Danoota64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 07:20 AM   #6
joelcrowservo
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted By ABCKO:
As usual, my favorites are NOT there !
[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

There are many-many that I like, but to pick only one, I must go with "White lines" !

There's nothing I like more than a band (or a singer) that I used to like, which comes back after many years with one heck of a song.

And I don't mean a "commercial comeback", but just as far as I am concerned: summer of 1995, I thought Duran Duran had been dead (in every manner) for years buuuuuut when I heard "WL", YES, still arround and as good as ever !

Oh, and if I have to pick a Duran Duran original, I'd have to go with "Do you believe in shame" for "personal reasons" (I was a different man in 1989...).
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I wholeheartedly agree with you there. Sorry however, I simply could not list EVERY song, could I? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
My actual hard core faves of almost anyone tend to be album tracks or b-sides; in Durans case, I'd say "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)", "Khanada", "Carelsess Memories","Hold Back The Rain", "Somebody Else (Not Me)""Lonely In Your Nightmare",among others as well as Power Station and Arcadia stuff. Ive got a multitude of rarities discs that I tend to listen to over the best of things. The great thing about Durans stuff is, like the Beatles, theres a multitude of different mixes and versions out there; something like 5 for "Rio" alone!
And as far as "Do You Believe In Shame?"...I totally understand you there. "And if love can conquer all then why do we only feel the pain?". Indeed!
Old Feb 23, 2004, 08:03 AM   #7
Legs
Sun King

Alright I will come out, I like Duran Duran.
However my Duran Duran collection is a fraction of what It used to be. Sold a lot when I wasn't into the band anymore and thought it was not so cool to like their music, and I didn't listen to them anymore.

What I kept is the album "Big Thing" on which "Do You Believe In Shame" and "Land" (believe that is the title are my absolute favourites). Especially "Do You Believe In Shame".

"And it might seems selfisch now, but I hold on to the memory, untill all these..." Have to put on the album again and listen to it.

I admit likeing the old songs now and I might buy a compilation album, or even some of the normal albums again. From the list I only have left "Ordinary World" from the "Wedding Album", I just couldn't sell that one because of that song, "Ordinary World" is also my choise in this poll.

There I said it, I like Duran Duran and still owe some of their stuff.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 08:12 AM   #8
Maxine
Dr. Robert

I was a huge Duran Duran fan when I was a teenager (although no one beat the Beatles, of course!) and I still like their music. I voted for 'The Reflex', but they have lots of good songs. I really like 'Save a Prayer', 'Rio', 'Ordinary World', 'Anyone Out There', 'Sound of Thunder', 'Hold Back the Rain', 'Last Chance On the Stairway' and many others. I´m thrilled about their "reunion" and I´m definitely gonna buy their new album.
Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 09:15 AM   #9
joelcrowservo
Dr. Robert

Legs, I am thrilled you felt you could come out and admit this to us. Very courageous of you!
Actually, I'd never have thunk it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]