BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:20 AM   #401
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Thumbs up Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
Yep, I made a third one. Don't judge me. You know how I feel about John in 1980. As if you'd expect differently...

Don't worry Scruffie, I won't judge you; actually I couldn't agree more on that

I just wish that there were more pictures of John in 1980 without sun-glasses

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:42 PM   #402
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
This one broke my heart. And I have never seen this picture before. Amazing.

It's so true about their love though...well, I believe so.
well, this one is not historically accurate. Yoko's been ruomored to have had boyfriends and one whom moved in the day after John died. Now, i don't fault her for that. I'm polyamorous and I suspect she and John had their moments (like when she set up the Lost Weekend with May) but she hasn't spent her life alone.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:44 PM   #403
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:

I've shipped george and John for almost 30 years now. it's been about 28 I guess.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:54 PM   #404
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:

Stop. I already read what most of the Paul fans had to say about this and shared it generously in the rant thread.

I will say, though, that I quite agree with this confession based solely on the reaction of these Paul fans on Tumblr and some I have encountered, and the general casual Beatles fanbase who have NO CLUE about John or what his life what like or about.

I really am trying to stay positive so I'm refraining from saying more on this matter. Someone else can if they would like. I'm really done with this for now.
Umm....a bit of Beatles history here...Paul was naked on the insert collage on The White Album way before Two Virgins.
and I love including fighting for full frontal male nudity as one of John's causes.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:06 PM   #405
Maia 66
Sun King

Can't see anything but a little fuzz in that photo... doesn't count.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:56 PM   #406
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
well, this one is not historically accurate. Yoko's been ruomored to have had boyfriends and one whom moved in the day after John died. Now, i don't fault her for that. I'm polyamorous and I suspect she and John had their moments (like when she set up the Lost Weekend with May) but she hasn't spent her life alone.
Yes, Sam Havatoy is not a mystery. But he did NOT move in the day after John died. I've always felt that having someone to help you through your grief, be a companion, and help raise your son would go a LONG way in attempting to "heal" after such a devastating tragedy.

Yoko's possible relationships notwithstanding, her loyalty to John's memory and legacy is unyielding and caressed with love. I believe that people shouldn't have to be physically lonely, but I can see even when she talks about him that there is a definite emptiness in her eyes over his loss and a love whenever she he is brought up.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Mar 24, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:40 PM   #407
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Can't see anything but a little fuzz in that photo... doesn't count.
that fuzz is Paul's pubic hair. furry....I have seen a real pic of Paul's rear too.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:41 PM   #408
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I'm also going to state it's fun to ship john and Ringo. You get the most humor out of that pairing
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:25 PM   #409
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
that fuzz is Paul's pubic hair. furry....I have seen a real pic of Paul's rear too.

I will never unread that.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:26 PM   #410
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
I'm also going to state it's fun to ship john and Ringo. You get the most humor out of that pairing
Awesome, misfit!! I wonder...what would their ship name be?

Jingo?

Rohn?

Stellon?

Lenstarr?

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Mar 25, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:43 PM   #411
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
I'm also going to state it's fun to ship john and Ringo.
Was that just a typo or was John's name not capitalized because he's the sub in that particular pairing?? Unexpected, that is...

And of course I know what the fuzz is... that's why it doesn't count. John's full frontal is much more, um, full. I mean, I've only heard Paul is the only circumcised Beatle... or was it Ringo? In any case, we know it wasn't John!

All I want is the truth

Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:46 PM   #412
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Sad state of affairs- to a degree

But I bet they know every line to all Katy Perry and Rihanna's newest songs (though to be fair there isn't much going on lyrically to forget), but how cool are the boys who went up there and performed that flawless song? Unbelievable. Make them your new best friends.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Mar 25, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:40 PM   #413
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Unhappy Stop breaking my heart

I feel your pain, bb. I do. There really isn't any more I can add.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:56 AM   #414
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
I feel your pain, bb. I do. There really isn't any more I can add.
I understand your pain too. As far as I'm concerned, I stopped watching any mourning/memorial scene of John since the 8th December, when saw them for the first time on t.v.

Snoopy
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:23 AM   #415
Maia 66
Sun King

Not that we can measure this stuff, but it was actually a million times worse living through it. On the other hand, I feel really bad for those of you who never got to experience John first hand, so I guess it evens out. But it sucks no matter how you look at it...

All I want is the truth

Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:27 PM   #416
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Not that we can measure this stuff, but it was actually a million times worse living through it. On the other hand, I feel really bad for those of you who never got to experience John first hand, so I guess it evens out. But it sucks no matter how you look at it...
I was always bullied and picked on by the other upper class kids at the private Catholic schools I attended. No one ever stood up for me.
When John died, I had an image of him in my head saying, "I'll make them learn to leave you alone."

I watched all the footage and even the Tom Tomorrow show featuring John's last inverview (From five years earlier) crying my eyes out.

Now, my mom always hated John. Me liking him (I fell in love with him when he hosted Mike Douglas for a week) was always something she screamed about literally and she banned his books and records (and bought me Paul's).
When I was crying in front of the tv, the other kids were horrible teasing me. "Look at her cry because John Lennon died. Look at her." they didn't let up.
My mom came up to them and said, "I think she's going to be traumatized by this. Leave her alone." She chased them away and sat with me the rest of the night at one point saying, "Ok. He was handsome."

It didn't end there. I put a picture of John and Yoko up in my locker at school. One day, the principal came by and looked at it.
"Is that John Lennon?" She asked me.
I told her yes.
"Why, there is nothing wrong with that picture. I was told you had an obscene picture of John Lennon in your locker."
She walked away.

A few days later I was called into the principal's office. In there was one of the girls who always picked on me. She was crying.
The principal said that girl was the one who told her I had the obscene picture but what confused the principal was she discovered the girl had the same picture in her locker and wanted to know what was going on.
The girl was crying about how uncool and what a loser and a dork I was and how she was being made fun of because she and I both had the same picture and how I shouldn't like John because he's cool and I'm not. She said she lied to get the principal to remove my photo hoping she'd find John offensive. (My principal used to let me play Beatles records backwards in the AV room during recess but I had to write a thousand word paper on PID for English class as payment for breaking the stereo. She was a big Beatles fan).
The girl got in trouble and her friends were ordered to stop terrorizing me or face suspension.
JOhn lived up to his words for me. I thank him every day.

Shortly afterwards, my principal after she retired gave me a present too. A picture of John and Yokofor my room. The Two Virgins poster. Not making this up. My mom allowed it for years on prinicple about the entire thing. The poster was symbolic. (this was after a suicide attempt I made due to the bullying)

even now, those that would try to erase me as Yoko was tried to be erased, they can't face Beatledom. It's too much for them.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:31 PM   #417
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Awesome, misfit!! I wonder...what would their ship name be?

Jingo?

Rohn?

Stellon?

Lenstarr?
Cute. I'd post some of them in Paperback Writer, but even though the site rules allow for x-rated stories, I'm being singled out and have been asked not to post mine. I guess they're just that hot.
John/Ringo has the potential for lots of humor.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:23 PM   #418
Maia 66
Sun King

Wow. Thanks for sharing that very personal story, misfittoy! Thank goodness your principal was way cooler than mine at the time. Anyway, how beautifully poetic that your pure love for John helped you defeat the bully. (And also how cool that you actually wrote a thousand-word PID essay as atonement!!)

All I want is the truth

Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:59 PM   #419
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Yeah, that story was very touching misfit. Thank you for sharing it with us. I really appreciate when people share what they went through during that traumatic time period. It's terribly sad, but it helps me remain connected since I never experienced John the way you all did.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:47 AM   #420
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Now, my mom always hated John. Me liking him (I fell in love with him when he hosted Mike Douglas for a week) was always something she screamed about literally and she banned his books and records (and bought me Paul's). When I was crying in front of the tv, the other kids were horrible teasing me. "Look at her cry because John Lennon died. Look at her." they didn't let up. My mom came up to them and said, "I think she's going to be traumatized by this. Leave her alone." She chased them away and sat with me the rest of the night at one point saying, "Ok. He was handsome."

Shortly afterwards, my principal after she retired gave me a present too. A picture of John and Yokofor my room. The Two Virgins poster. Not making this up. My mom allowed it for years on prinicple about the entire thing. The poster was symbolic. (this was after a suicide attempt I made due to the bullying)
Thank's for sharing your story, misfittoy

Funny, we have some things in common: My mom hates John too (or at least she used to hate him then) and a few (italian) schoolfriend made fun of me when John died, like "oh, I'm sure she was crying all morning when she heard that John was killed".

Our young biology-teacher was a Beatles-fan too and had a big poster of them hanging on her schoolroom-wall. No use to mention that I loved learning biology and got good marks

Hmm the story of the "Two virgin" is quite special I never got such a present so far, but you never know...

Snoopy