View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2002, 08:34 AM   #14
Sally
Sgt. Pepper

Default Re: Stories about George

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Hari's Chick:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Sally:
I dragged my partner (also called George but spelt the Spanish way (Jorge) but pronounced the English way!)to India for a year and fell inlove with the place, even stayed on an ashram in Rishikesh. Beautiful. Plan to go again soon with our little son.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow~ you spent a whole year in India! That is great~ did you see Vrindavan? What places did you get to see? A friend told me Mayapura is amazing, especially on Gaura Purnima, Lord Caitania's appearance day!!!
I would urge anyone to go to India if they can, it is a life changing experience, whether you were interested in it before or not. Mind you it is not easy to travel around, it is very very poor and basic.

We flew to Delhi and went to Goa for a few weeks on the beach and then went across to Calcutta and then up to Darjeeling to escape the monsoon, then across to Nepal and then back to India and Dharamalsa and then onto Manali and then to Rishikesh (where my member pic was taken which i why I look weather beaten!). We did pilgrimage from Rishikesh to the source of the Ganges and Gammuk, amazing glasier that was, then left and went to Varanasi (my favourite place after Rishikesh) and then onto Rajastan taking in Jaipur, Pushkar and Udaipur where I since found out George and Ravi were there at the same time visiting! Finally back to Goa for Christmas and a rest before flying home! We tended to stop at a lot places for a long while to take it all in.

We visited the little shop where George bought a sitar and there are loads of photos of him around everywhere.

It is very inexpensive to travel there and it cost us about 1000 punds each for everything except the flight which was about 300 pounds.

Honestly the place is surreal in some respects like a big technicolour dream.

------------------
"But they do though don't they though, don't they?"
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote