View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2002, 01:47 PM   #52
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default Re: Beatles Mary-Sue Test

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By lisa465:

I don't know - I've seen some pretty damn good writing on fanfiction.net. Even though a lot of it is crap, there are some gems in there. I don't think it's as bad a place as a lot of people make it out to be. And I'm not one of the "OMG" people either. I'm pretty discerning - I'm working on a MFA in Creative Writing.

I do like your Rooftop Sessions Susan, and you're right - it is probably more "top notch" than any other place. I think one of the reasons fanfiction.net is interesting to me is because it has all levels and all scopes of stories and people are "free" to post whatever they want. It's kind of cool. To me, anyway.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point well taken, Lisa...I've not found anything I care for on fanfiction.net, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything worth reading there...perhaps I've just missed it. I'm always willing to read stories -- in my case, though, they have to engage me pretty quickly or I give up!

If you can think of anything you've read there that's worth pursuing, I'd be glad to know the URL or the title and give it a try...I'm not so arrogant that I can't be proven wrong!

Thanks, though, for your kind comments regarding Rooftop!
------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. August 2002 Issue Now Up!

"In writing, the difference between the right word and almost the right word is like the difference between lightning and lightning bugs." - Mark Twain

[This Message Has Been Edited By HMVNipper On August 28, 2002 01:48 PM]
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote