View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:19 PM   #83
Maia 66
Sun King

And a street encounter, from a woman named Marianne:

Quote:
John Lennon has influenced my life in so many ways, as a musician, poet, artist, spiritually, and as a man living in my generation. I had the utmost honor of meeting him in person on 57th and Madison Avenue one Saturday morning on my way to a class. I was 21 years old. He was walking towards me, holding hands with Yoko and window shopping. About half a block away I recognized them, and without even knowing it, let out a scream, yelling "Oh my God, it's John". As he saw me, we were almost face to face, I remember he was tall and as beautiful as all the pictures I had of him. He had this wonderful smile on his face and giggled a little at my enthusiasm. He was friendly, sweet, talked to me, but I don't remember a word he said. He wrote an autograph for me, and I hugged and kissed him, and told him how much I loved him. Yoko did not stay around for our meeting. She had walked away and was window shopping. After that, we both walked our separate ways, and it was one of the most exiting, fantastic moments of my life. I will never forget the feeling or him. I am so thankful I was one of the lucky people who got to meet him so personally in his short life here on earth.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote