View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2009, 03:53 PM   #18
DizzyMissLizzy
Apple Scruff

Send a message via Yahoo to DizzyMissLizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaGirl2891 View Post
I LOVE the Sgt. Peppers movie. My mom got it for me for my birthday one year, I believe. She loves the movie and thought Barry Gibb was sooo cute (she's brainwashed me into thinking that, too!). I got her the soundtrack for Christmas a few years ago.
I'd recommend this movie.
HAHAHAHA that's SO weird cause my mom thinks that too, and also brainwashed me!! XD
-----
Personally I thought A Day In The Life was an AMAZING cover, sounding astoundingly close to the original and anyone who hates Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band OR Across The Universe for covering Beatles songs is just picky. If it weren't for those movies, half of today's youth wouldn't know about the Beatles or like their music and the Beatles would disappear completely once the original fans that were around in the sixties passed away.
You see, the younger fans that weren't there are kinda helping to hold the Beatles up. My mom pointed this out to me, so no, I'm not just a meddling brat or something. XD
My first introduction to the Beatles was when I saw Sgt. Peppers. My second was when my mom bought "Beatles 1". My third was Across The Universe, and the big bang came after my mom bought Help and A Hard Day's Night. But without a push from Sgt. Peppers, I would've never heard any of the music. Without help from Across The Universe I would have only heard the songs in Sgt. Peppers and the cd "Beatles 1".
Those movies aren't like, my sole reason for liking the Beatles. They just introduced me to more of the music so I was interested in hearing the original versions. Which lead to my obsession with the band that originally wrote and performed the music. The Beatles. Obviously.
I don't think people should ever, ever, ever, not in a million years judge people who became interested in the actual Beatles after seeing Across The Universe or Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. At least they're showing interest. At least they love the music. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Across The Universe, even that cover by the Jonas Brothers is all a homage to their love for the Beatles. If these things are getting more people interested in the Beatles, I say more power to them.

~No Day But Today~

R.I.P.
Angel Dumott Schunard
DizzyMissLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote