View Single Post
Old Oct 01, 2001, 12:13 AM   #1
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default Rooftop Sessions - October 2001 Issue Is UP!

Hi everyone:

As we are all well aware, on September 11th, the world experienced, as the New York Times said, one of those moments that divide history into "before" and "after." "After" has been difficult for everyone the world over, but especially difficult for those of us who live in New York City. To be honest, I had considered discontinuing the Rooftop Sessions website in the wake of the terrorist attacks, since it seemed a rather trivial pursuit in light of the things going on in the "real world." However, after much consideration, I have decided that I will continue with the site, if for no other reason than that I will not play into the hands of the terrorists by doing exactly what they want us to do by stopping things that bring us happiness. I want to assure all of Rooftop Sessions' readers that there's no way this site will cease to exist -- not as long as I have the ability to continue putting it out and have contributors who are providing some of the best Beatles fan fiction available on the Web! And I want to thank all of you for your support -- without our readers, we are nothing.

That said, we have a wonderful October issue for you, jam-packed with six fabulous stories, one essay and one Write Thinking article, most of which are centered around a seasonal Halloween theme. And so, for your reading pleasure this month, we proudly present:

"A Taste of Honey" by Mary Spollen - A woman meets her favorite Beatle and discovers he's more than she expected.

"All I Wanna Do...Is BOO-galoo" by Lisha Goldberg - A little girl living in the Dakota attends her neighbors' Halloween party.

"Don't! Pass Me By!" by James Ryan- Young Richard Starkey, in hospital with pleurisy, makes some friends and has an encounter with a mysterious night nurse...

Hamburg Daze, Part One" by Cheryl Mortensen - Can Stuart and Astrid save George from the clutches of a beautiful and very frightening stranger?

"Shelly and the Rock Star, Part 3" by Mary Spollen - Shelly is forced to face Paul's world head-on, and her bodyguard Jo receives some unexpected news.

"To Thine Own Self Be True, Act Seven" by Sandra M. Ulbrich - The parallel universes diverge...and Paul prepares to confront his mother's killer!

"You May Say I'm a Dreamer..." by Lisha Goldberg - An essay with some thoughts about the recent terrorist attacks, and what Beatle People might do to help.

And in the "Write Thinking" section:

"The Opening Hook: How to Begin a Fanfic" by Sandra M. Ulbrich - Getting off to a good start can make or break a story -- here's how to draw your readers in for big payoffs!

As usual, the URL is http://www.rooftopsessions.com, and as usual, we welcome your comments and submissions. There's a link to our submission guidelines on the main page, and links to all the authors at the end of every story -- please feel free to contact us and tell us what you think!

Enjoy the October issue!

Susan Ryan
Publisher & Editor-In Chief
susan@rooftopsessions.com
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote