Thread: Writing....
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2002, 10:10 AM   #14
MonaMe577
Bulldog

Default Re: Writing....

Rell--

I've always enjoyed writing (I once got 30 bonus points for a story I wrote in 7th grade -- yes, 30. 70 out of 40 ) It's my forte, I guess--don't even talk to me about math ...

That said, even those who enjoy writing can sometimes find it difficult. I can't tell you how many times I've sat in front of my computer staring at a blank screen working on "They Say It's Wonderful."

I basically write in two different ways. One is where a bug has bitten me and I can just sit down and write a pretty, flowing chapter. Usually, these chapters are out of order, and I end up with chapters 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, and 10.

Then, to get the chapters that I don't really want to write but have to in order to keep the story together, I follow a process like yours. I sit in front of the computer and just write, crank out any old thing to get the chapter done, ignoring spelling, strange dialogue, etc. I let this sit for a while (a couple of hours, overnight), then go back, read what I wrote, wince , and edit it. This process works very well for me.

Good luck with your writing!

------------------
... she will cry when she learns we are two...if I fell in love with you ...

"Hello, Homer, I'm George Harrison."
"Oh my God! Where'd you get that brownie?" -- The Simpsons

[This Message Has Been Edited By MonaMe577 On August 27, 2002 10:10 AM]
MonaMe577 is offline   Reply With Quote