View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:25 PM   #19
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

26. George's flair for outre clothing, like the pink sneakers he wore in Anthology.

27. George's smile, courtesy of Harold, Sr.

28. George and his scene stealing moments in the early Beatle movies - his deadpan delivery was classic!

29. George's love for race cars

30. George's natural way of reaching and inspiring many

31. Open- mindedness; receptive to new ideas; accepting and tolerant

32. Unique guitar work

33, Intensity!

34. Cultural sharing such as sharing Eastern philophy and musical styles and instruments

35. Loving influence - all of his life, George was so well loved

George & Asperger's

George has brought immeasurable joy into the lives of countless people. On the Random George Thoughts thread, I related a personal account of how George and his music reached a child who had Asperger's Syndrome (AS) which is on the high end of the autism spectrum. This child absolutely LOVED George and let George "talk" for her and often used the Beatles to get an idea or an agenda across. When she felt "overwhelmed," the first thing she'd do is play some George. She absolutely loved George. For her, all long and winding roads lead to the Beatles and she can always come up with a relevant Beatle or George quote. It just goes to show you how deeply moving George's words really are. This young George fan was rather a distinction even among Beatles fans. . She was quite the Beatles expert. It still warms my heart to think of how George's words, music and example took root in her heart.

What I am getting at is that George had and continues to have so much to offer...he has, I believe, made countless people appeciate, celebrate and recognize the spiritual component of their lives. His music has deeply moved me ever since I was a very young child.

George's gaze...I can't help but think of that child I once knew who was not prone to making eye contact, but when it came to George Harrison, she'd sit raptly looking at him. Whenever she watched a Beatle movie, her eyes were on George. I think George had a way of really reaching into the deeper, more profound part of our psyches...George did a lot to encourage us all to think for ourselves. The child who raptly watched George had AS. She was, as I said never comfortable about making eye contact, but boy, did she know about George! She could pick him out regardless of whether his back was turned or what clothes he wore or how he looked at the time. She loved George and used to draw George on any available scrap of paper. No doubt she grew up to be quite a George fan.

It warms one's heart that George was able to reach so many people. George was a first rate human being. I've said in many ways what I like about George and how George has touched so many lives. In Anthology, George said he hoped people would always have a place in their hearts for the Beatles. I think he can count on that. He can count on it up to 100% every time.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Feb 22, 2006 at 08:47 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote