View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2011, 05:46 PM   #83
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Just who in the blue hell called George a slut elsewhere on the 'net? Ain't nobody saying the man was just a womanizing hound or the s word. Good grief! Nobody here dissed the man, for Pete's sake!

*added in* Toy, there's no reason to apologize for your views. George was known to have adultery issues - that has been well documented. Your views on sexuality are as good and valid as anybody else's and you are entitled to them. Good grief, we have many fans who will gladly talk about George's sex appeal. It's one thing when we joke with each other about George's sexual appeal, but I seriously doubt that most of us who enjoy mildly risque observations about the man's sexual appeal would go past the joke stage. *end of edit*

Lucy is right - if this Devil's Radio is riling you so much, FPSHOT, then chill and take a break from it. No need to keep dwelling on something that upsets you.

834, Rell and HC also made some excellent points. I hope you'll see the logic in what they are saying, FPSHOT.

True, the man was no Puritan and he certainly wasn't a stodgy old bore or a moralist. He was a human being, as I said before, warts, farts, wavy hair, wrinkles and all. Just a real person.

As for merging threads, instead of posting bam, bam, bam, one post right after the other minutes apart, perhaps a king-sized post with all the salient points would suffice. Just sayin...

And Hari's Chick is right - it would be a damn shame to suck the levity out of things. George himself was known for self-deprecating humor. Who knows - he might have had a bit of a giggle at how silly this thread is and how far it's degenerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy
OMG if you are so sad about it FPSHOT, please stop going on about it...if for no other reason but for MY sake because I am so sick of reading about the disrespect and dishonour and horror of it all when actually this is the biggest mountain out of a molehill ever. You have said this so many times on this thread.

A lesson from life that I have recently been reminded of is that you need to surround yourself with people and places and things that make you feel good and that you enjoy and just be done with the rest of it that doesn't make you happy. On that note I would suggest that if this place is so offensive to you, spend some more of your time at these other places where it is clearly more to your liking. I think from what you have written in some of your posts, that was your intention but then I just keep reading the same thing on here over and over. It must be pretty tiring for you. Give yourself a break, man!
Well said and perfectly said, Lucy! I'm good and sick of it too. What earthly purpose has this thread served? Although I never knew George personally, from what has been said about him consistently is that he was not one to surround himself with negativity.

I think the REAL disgrace is all the acrimony and vitriol in this thread. Very un-Hari-like IMHO.

To quote my other favorite Beatle, Paul McCartney, "I've Had Enough! I can't put up with any more, no, no, no no, no, no, I've had enough!"

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Sep 16, 2011 at 06:02 PM.