View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2006, 08:03 PM   #1
instant karla
Sgt. Pepper

Default GEORGE HARRISON’s cousin is hoping for Beatles-style success

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,1...470073,00.html

By DEREK ROBINS
October 10, 2006

GEORGE HARRISON’s cousin is hoping for Beatles-style success in The X Factor finals. Daniel Morris, 17, of Liverpool band Eton Road is hoping the group will become a new Fab Four when the knock-out stages begin on Saturday.

The student told us: “I’m very distantly related to George Harrison - he’s a second or third cousin as I think my nan’s brother or cousin was related to him. I just hope some of his success rubs off on us.”

Daniel and the rest of the quartet - David Heath, James Edwards and Anthony Hannah - can't wait to perform live this weekend as they bid to win a £1m record deal.

Daniel said: "It's what you dream of and as you grow older you want it even more." James added: "It would be fantastic to win. We'd all buy houses for our families if that happened."

Eton Road aren’t the only act in the show with celebrity links. Olympic gold medallist Tessa Sanderson is the aunt of 4Sure’s Jermaine Sanderson and he hopes she’ll be cheering him on in the studio this Saturday.

Ashley McKenzie also comes from a sporty family – his uncles are boxers Clinton and Duke McKenzie and his cousin Lewis Grabban plays for Oldham Athletic.

Bookies Paddy Power have made Londoner Leona Lewis, 21, Ben Mills, 26, and Ray Quinn, 18, the early joint favourites to win the show.
instant karla is offline   Reply With Quote