BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Menlove Avenue (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Barbara Baker (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18723)

Johnny Lover Aug 12, 2004 11:10 AM

Barbara Baker

Does anyone know whatever happened to Barbara Baker? She was John's first girlfriend.... I just started re-reading "The Anthology" and this made me wonder....:

"I remember a night, or, should I say day, in my teens when I was f***ing my girlfriend on a gravestone and my arse gor covered in greenfly. This was a good lesson in karma and/or gardening. Barbara, where are you now? Fat and ugly? Fifteen kids? Years of hell with me should have made you ready for anything. What's so sad about the past is it's passed. I wonder who's kissing her now." 78

Also, who's Nigel?

"....As a kid I used to go to their garden parties with my friends Ivan, Nigel and Pete." 80

MaccaGirl2891 Aug 12, 2004 03:25 PM

Re: Barbara Baker

We're not sure where she is now. But go here to read more about her:
Barbara Baker biography

Apple Scruff Aug 12, 2004 03:58 PM

Thanks for the link. I didn't read her bio yet, but she is quite voluptuous. Total 180 from Yoko, lol!

Johnny Lover Aug 12, 2004 05:15 PM

Thanks!

bearkat77 Aug 12, 2004 08:37 PM

Nigel is Nigel Whalley, one of the early members of the Quarry Men.

BeatlesScruff Aug 13, 2004 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny Lover Posted:

"....As a kid I used to go to their garden parties with my friends Ivan, Nigel and Pete." 80

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Pete (as listed above) Pete Best or Pete Shotton (Snowball)?

Tiff Lennon

Sadie4 Aug 13, 2004 08:21 AM

<font color="red"> Pete Shotton, of course!! And Barabara was before or after Thelma Pickles? I can't remember now </font>

MaccaGirl2891 Aug 13, 2004 08:37 AM

Before Thelma.
Click here to learn about her.

Oh, and the Thelma page was made by EnchantingLennon.

angelgodiva Aug 13, 2004 08:43 AM

Barbara was before Thelma. John lost his virginity to her.
Mimi and Barbara's folks weren't happy with the union and effectively broke the kids up.
John and Barbara broke up briefly and during that time John saw a girl named Margaret Jones, but he ended up reuniting with Barbara until their folks came between them.
Incidentally, John was with his friend and fellow Quarryman Len Garry when he first met Barbara, and the girl liked Len better, but it didn't work between the two of them and it was then that John stepped in.

EnchantingLennon Aug 13, 2004 09:52 AM

There's another girl named Beth who John was briefly involved with when he was 15- I supposed she was first of John's girlfriends before Barbara (because he was with Barbara at 16) and he was still at Quarry Bank then.

Not sure what became of Barbara- she never said anything like "I'm the one who first f'ed John". Even John wondered what happened to her. For all we also know, she could've passed on

BTW, Nigel Whalley was more of the Quarrymen's first unofficial manager- he's the one did the bookings and such